Names meaning Brave/Courage

I’ve gone through pretty much all the lists I can looking for GIRLS names that mean brave/bravery or courage/couageous and there are not a whole lot that I love! Looking for something outside of the box, maybe a “girl version” of a boy name (like I found Evera is supposed to be the girl version on [name]Everard[/name] which means “Brave [name]One[/name]”

Possibly could go with a name that has a “brave” connotation too…like [name]Amelia[/name] reminds me [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Earhart[/name], but I don’t love [name]Amelia[/name].

Thanks!!!

Only related names I could think of - [name]Matilda[/name]/[name]Maude[/name] meaning “strength in battle” or “battle ready”, and [name]Audrey[/name]/Etherdred means “noble strength”. [name]Clotilde[/name] “famous battle”, and [name]Isolde[/name] “ice battle” are related to battle, which evokes bravery…

Would you consider religious figures - i.e, [name]Esther[/name] or [name]Judith[/name], who acted bravely? Or goddesses, like [name]Artemis[/name]? Or perhaps mythological figures, like [name]Atalanta[/name]?

You looked at the list Nameberry has which are girl names meaning brave? A lot of woman in history have super classic names
Nameberry List names I like:
[name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Zaila[/name]
[name]Valencia[/name]

Others meaning brave:
[name]Keena[/name]- Brave/Irish
[name]Leona[/name]- Brave/[name]German[/name]
[name]Devlin[/name]- Unisex/Brave/Irish
[name]Caley[/name]-Unisex/Brave warrior/Irish
Bova- Brave/[name]German[/name]

Brave Woman of [name]History[/name] whose names could work:
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Barton[/name]- Founder and first president of the [name]Red[/name] [name]Cross[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] S. [name]Buck[/name]- she became the first woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature.
[name]Cleopatra[/name] nn [name]Cleo[/name] or just [name]Cleo[/name]- [name]Queen[/name] of [name]Egypt[/name] and the last pharaoh
[name]Rosie[/name] the Riveter- commonly used as a symbol of feminism and women’s economic power
[name]Helen[/name] [name]Keller[/name]- she was shown how to communicate she never stopped sharing her wisdom and thought provoking inspiration with the rest of the world. She changed history by providing inspiration for people with handicaps and without.
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name]

Alfhild (“elf battle”)
[name]Andromache[/name] (“battle”)
[name]Aquila[/name] (“eagle”)
[name]Bernardine[/name] (“brave as a bear”)
Everild (“boar battle”)
[name]Fernanda[/name] (“journey + brave”)
[name]Iphigenia[/name], [name]Efigenia[/name] (“strong born”)
[name]Nicole[/name] ("bringer of victory)
[name]Leonie[/name], [name]Leona[/name] (“lioness”)
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Valeria[/name], [name]Valentine[/name], [name]Valencia[/name] (“powerful, brave”)

[name]Pilar[/name] -Brave/Powerful
[name]Carlota[/name] -Strong
[name]Isa[/name] -Strong
[name]Valentina[/name] -Strong
[name]Althea[/name] -Brave/Powerful
[name]Imara[/name] -Brave/Powerful

I was going to say [name]Leona[/name]/[name]Leonie[/name]. Adorable names!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Merida[/name]? As the heroine of the movie Brave, people definitely think of it as a name associated with the meaning brave.

Here are the names of some brave women throughout history that might make good namesakes;

[name]Susan[/name] B. [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Blackwell[/name] - The first woman to receive a medical degree in the United States, and an advocate of women’s education in medicine
[name]Indira[/name] Gandhi - [name]Indian[/name] Prime Minister until her assassination in 1984
[name]Joan[/name] of [name]Arc[/name]
Mother [name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Parkes[/name] and her mentor, [name]Ella[/name] [name]Baker[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name] Tereshkova – First woman in space
[name]Harriet[/name] Tubman
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Earhart[/name]
Aung San Suu Kyi - Burmese political prisoner
[name]Elizabeth[/name] I
[name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name] & [name]Christobel[/name] Pankhurst
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Adie[/name] – A British journalist who frequently reported on the front line during disasters and conflicts
Miep Gies – Hid [name]Anne[/name] [name]Frank[/name] and her family and continued to try and get them released after their capture
[name]Irena[/name] Sendler – Smuggled over 2500 Jewish children out of a Warsaw ghetto
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Clara[/name] Huerta – Co-founded the National Farm Workers Association, and campaigned for better working conditions for labourers and for women’s rights.
[name]Jane[/name] Addams – Social reformer and first woman to be awarded the Nobel [name]Peace[/name] prize
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Boyd[/name] – Arctic explorer & first woman to fly over the [name]North[/name] Pole.
[name]Florence[/name] Nightingale
[name]Marian[/name] [name]Wright[/name] Edelman – First [name]Black[/name] woman to be accepted to the Mississippi [name]Bar[/name]. Campaigned for the rights of children and founded the Children’s Defense Fund as a voice for poor, minority & disabled children.
[name]Betty[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] Friedan – Feminist activist
[name]Sarah[/name] & [name]Angelina[/name] Grimke – Abolitionists and advocates of women’s rights
[name]Elizabeth[/name] Fry – English prison reformer
[name]Judith[/name] “[name]Judy[/name]” Heumann – American advocate of civil rights for people with disabilities who contributed to the development of human rights legislation and policies benefiting children and adults with disabilities
[name]Susette[/name] LaFlesche Tibbles – Spokesperson for Native American rights
[name]Wilma[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] Mankiller - First female chief of the Cherokee Nation
[name]Eva[/name] Peron
[name]Annie[/name] [name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Stone[/name] – Abolitionist, suffragist and women’s rights campaigner
[name]Alexandrine[/name] [name]Petronella[/name] [name]Fran[/name]çoise Tinne – Dutch explorer and first woman to try and cross the [name]Sahara[/name] desert

Here are some connections to “brave” that I can think of:

[name]Merida[/name]- From the movie Brave
[name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Cady[/name]- Fought for women’s rights alongside [name]Susan[/name] B [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Barton[/name]- [name]Ran[/name] to the front lines of battles to aid wounded soldiers
[name]Artemis[/name]- [name]Goddess[/name] who represented independence, courage, confidence and physical strength
[name]Nellie[/name] [name]Bly[/name]- A pioneer for women’s journalism
[name]Ruby[/name] Bridges- Fought for school interesting at age six and has been fighting for human rights ever since
[name]Sybil[/name] Ludington- Rode through the night to warn of British Invasion. Her ride was much longer than [name]Paul[/name] Revere’s

[name]Merida[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Cady[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Artemis[/name], [name]Nellie[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], and [name]Sybil[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] this helps.