names meaning: Protector, Protect, Guardian, Defender ? (for large dog breed)

Any sugestions for names meaning: Protector, Protect, Guardian, Defender ?

Dear Berries,

So I have posted this in the boy name forum but then I saw this form for pet names and thought I would add it here as well. All the names given to my family pets are thought out and often carry great meaning; they are also always very human names (No Spot or Fido). I am hoping you can help me out I am not currently pregnant and I personally an not looking to name a child at the moment. In fact, I am asking for advise on naming my next fur-baby (large dog breed) that I am homing to add to my family in the next year.

My Fur-babies names thus far in my family:

[name]Zoey[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] is 7 and is a long haired Chihuahua

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Diamond[/name] is 6 and is a long haired Chihuahua

[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Baxter[/name] is 4 and is a Ragdoll cat (He currently lives with my mom)

Skyley Evergreen was a little over the age of 1 when she was tragically taken from our lives forever. She was a Siamese cat.

I would love to hear any suggestions that you may have for names meaning: Protector, Protect, Guardian, Defender? Perhaps even names that symbolize these characteristics to you in one way or another? Or anything that you feel may be appropriate.

Thank you for your time and suggestions,

[name]Sahar[/name]
  • [name]Alexis[/name], [name]Alexius[/name], [name]Alexia[/name], [name]Alessia[/name], [name]Alexei[/name], [name]Aleksey[/name]
  • [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Alasdair[/name], [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Alexandrina[/name]
  • Amund
  • [name]Anselm[/name], [name]Anselma[/name]
  • Birger, [name]Birgitta[/name]
  • Branimir
  • Branislav, Bronislav, Branislava, Bronislava
  • [name]Brunhilda[/name], [name]Brynhild[/name]
  • Custodia
  • [name]Edmund[/name], [name]Edmond[/name]
  • [name]Edward[/name]
  • Faramond
  • [name]Howard[/name]
  • [name]Hammond[/name]
  • [name]Ingeborg[/name]
  • [name]Liv[/name]
  • Nudd, Nuada (b)
  • [name]Osmond[/name]
  • [name]Raymond[/name], [name]Ramona[/name]
  • [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosamond[/name]
  • [name]Sigmund[/name]
  • Thorborg
  • [name]William[/name], [name]Wilhelm[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Wilhelmina[/name]

Thank you for your list! I can possible feel my future dogs name in it!

[name]Sahar[/name]