Names Meant for a Song

@ElizabethAntoinette made a fun post on every name mentioned/characterized in [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]’s discography, as I fan I immediately flew to the thread. I then began thinking of how fun it would be if we all made our own lists of names that either [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] or your own favourite artist should include in their next album. Make your list as long or as little as you like, you can include artist or song context or add names you feel would just simply make a great addition to a song.

Since I loved @ElizabethAntoinette’s post, I am going to continue the theme of [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] for my list!

Estelle
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

I know it’s already in a song, but [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is so musical and just meant to be sung!

I also think [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] would be lovely in a song, or [name_f]Mariana[/name_f]. And I do know a song called [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] but I think more [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] songs would be great!

1 Like

Listen to this gorgeous song, it features [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] and is literally the reason why I’ve come to love the name: Asaf Avidan - The Labyrinth Song - YouTube

2 Likes

I’ll check it out, thank you!! How cool that a song mentioning [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] exists :star_struck:

2 Likes

Napoleon
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f]
[name_f]Atara[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelou[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Nimue[/name_f]
[name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellerose[/name_f]

1 Like

Some names really do feel poetic!

Might I start by offering the name Julia :wink: I don’t know if it’s your real name or just a screen name, but it feels so melodic and flowy.

Léonie feels like it belongs in a hippy-ish 1970s song.
Anoushka belongs in a 1980’s Russian pop song.
Olga belongs in any song about a young, beautiful woman. This name is underrated and gorgeous!
Electra belongs in a 1990’s [name_u]Indie[/name_u] song about a fun, free-spirited girl
Genevieve, Lizabella, Mercedes, and Portia belong in anything written by [name_f]Lana[/name_f] [name_u]Del[/name_u] [name_u]Rey[/name_u]
Saoirse belongs in a popular, coming-of-age, modern indie song.

2 Likes