Names so far- need more inspiration.

So this is my list so far for boy names. [name_f]Babe[/name_f] is due in [name_u]June[/name_u]. I feel like there is no more names to discover, I feel slightly discouraged as I would love to have some more names on my list for my Husband and I to consider. I think we might like softer names, at least that is what our list is mainly leaning towards.

I would love to use the middle name [name_u]Cary[/name_u].

Front runner is:
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]- This name is by far my most favorite. I think I might love it.
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]-although I’m worried this name is getting too popular and I really hate the short form nn [name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]- My husband really loves this one. I like it but not love.
[name_m]Brahm[/name_m] is another one on my list, but I think it might be a little stale for my liking.
[name_m]Macauley[/name_m]- I think I am starting to fall out of love with it.

I would love some more considerations from you all :slight_smile:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Cary[/name_u] and [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] for boys, and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is nice too! These seem sort of similar:

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Wystan[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Jody[/name_u]
[name_u]Shannon[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_m]Kellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]

I love softer/slightly flowery names for boys too, and I love [name_u]Cary[/name_u] for a boy. I like your list, except since [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] is so popular as a girl’s name right now I’d worry it’s not really useable for a boy.

My suggestions:

[name_m]Harlan[/name_m] (one of my favorites, and a unique way to get the nn [name_m]Harry[/name_m])
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_u]Chauncey[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Edison[/name_m]
[name_m]Aubin[/name_m]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]

I like your list. You have a nice mix of styles.

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is my favorite of your list as well. Here are some names that I think have the same effortlessly elegant feel…
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]/[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

I too like [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], I think using the nick name [name_m]Hank[/name_m] would be adorable and would help it to stand out.

I also don’t like [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]. It feels to feminine for me.

[name_m]Brahm[/name_m] (or just [name_m]Bram[/name_m]?) is a nice name my husband nixed. Since you like surname first names you could even extend it to [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] and then use [name_m]Brahm[/name_m] as a nick name.

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] us my favorite. Suggestions:

[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]. [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m] is my other suggestion.

I like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] best from your list. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Calloway[/name_m], [name_m]Callahan[/name_m], [name_m]Buchanan[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] or [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] (sticking with the Gaelic surnames theme).

Or:

[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_m]Edison[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Byron[/name_m]

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is my favorite. It has a laidback, vintage, jazzy vibe and a great meaning. It also goes well with [name_u]Cary[/name_u] I think. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is great and works with [name_u]Cary[/name_u], but I think you’d need to be ok with [name_u]Sully[/name_u] or [name_u]Van[/name_u] or establish another nickname, since it would be bound to happen.

[name_m]Macauley[/name_m], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] are all a bit repetitive with [name_u]Cary[/name_u]. Though I do love [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] for a boy. [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] would be nice.

some more ideas:
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachy[/name_m]

Good luck!

Sorry in advance for any repeats!

[name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]
[name_m]Gallagher[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
Oleander
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Idris[/name_m]
Valour
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_u]Emory[/name_u]

Sorry in advance for any repeats! I like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] from your list.

[name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]
[name_m]Gallagher[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
Oleander
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Idris[/name_m]