Names that aren't on Nameberry

I know I’ve posted a lot today but I just wanted to pop down 2 names that I found today that I love, but aren’t on Nameberry incase any of you like them too. :relaxed: :cherry_blossom:

Japonica
This is the common name for the flowers of the [name_u]Quince[/name_u] shrub which is native to Japan.

Pemberley
Pride and Prejudice fans will recall this is the name of Darcy’s country estate.

5 Likes

Rosalva - the Italian “white rose”. Here on nameberry we more commonly see [name_f]Rosalba[/name_f]

Madalina - Romanian variation on the [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] family of names. On nameberry there is [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f] and [name_f]Madalena[/name_f] which would be sound alikes

Madlaina - Swiss Romansh variant of the [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] family, as a result most popular in Switzerland

3 Likes

I love Madalina and Madlaina, they’re a lot more me than the classic [name_f]Madeline[/name_f].

2 Likes

I do like the sounds of Pemberley!

1 Like

In elementary school I knew a boy called Saum, and I don’t think that’s on nameberry. It’s pronounced like [name_m]Psalm[/name_m].

1 Like

From what you posted I do love Pemberley!

Japonica is pretty and noticeable but not something I would name a kid

1 Like

Japonica is going on my UC with my other ‘unusual botanicals’ thank you!!

Pemberley is a lovely sweet name.

1 Like

FYI, there is a thread for this called “What names have we missed?”

There’s heaps of non-English ones that aren’t on here.

1 Like

Ooh thank you, I’m new so thats nice to know.

Here it is!

1 Like

Catallena is the title of a song I really like…surprisingly not on here

2 Likes

I know a little girl names Eversia pronunced
(ever-see-ah) I think it’s a made up name because I couldnt find anything when I looked it up though.

3 Likes

[name_u]New[/name_u] one: Uolo. I’ve only seen it written in text so not sure how it’s pronounced. But I saw this in a family tree and found it interesting.

1 Like