Names that mean "Dream"?

What names out there mean “dream” or “to dream”, all language welcome?

Boys or girls? Girls:
[name]Aisling[/name] (Gaelic, dream)
Sanja (Croatian, dream)
[name]Maya[/name] (Sanskrit, illusion, but I thought it was close enough)
Boys:
[name]Morpheus[/name] (Greek god of dreams, means “shapes,” as in shapes dreams)
[name]Arman[/name] (Kazakh, dream)
Almos (Hungarian, dreamy)

Thanks [name]Daisy[/name]! My bff is having a girl and is looking for “dream” as mn. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Aisling[/name]?

For girls I also really like:
[name]Anoushka[/name]: Hindi/Sanskrit for “one who fulfills their dreams and aspirations”
[name]Lourdes[/name]: From the French place where a vision of [name]Mary[/name] was seen. A bit of a stretch to dream, but nice.
[name]Josephine[/name]: Doesn’t mean dream but the Biblical [name]Joseph[/name] of the OT was known for his visions.
[name]Penelope[/name]: Means weaver, which to me is connected with the idea of dream weaving. I think the implication is more fate weaver…
[name]Ariadne[/name]: also connected to weaving for me because of the Greek story where she uses a thread to get out of the Labyrinth.

For boys:
Ramiel/Remiel: Supposedly Arabic/Hebrew versions of the name of an angel responsible for divine visions. I had never heard this name before but really like it!
[name]Joseph[/name]: see above.

Besides [name]Joseph[/name] there are several dreams of importance in the Bible, so if you’re religious and/or comfortable with [name]Christian[/name]/Jewish traditions, it might be worth looking. Like the names won’t mean dream, but there is an association with dreams, like [name]Joseph[/name]. Some that come to mind are [name]Jacob[/name]/[name]Israel[/name], [name]Mary[/name] etc., [name]Emmanuel[/name]/[name]Emmanuelle[/name] etc., [name]Gabriel[/name]/[name]Gabrielle[/name]. There are probably similar ones in the Koran/Arabic and every other religious tradition but I’m less familiar.

Best wishes!

Aishling is pn ash-lyn. [name]Ashlyn[/name] is an alternative spelling. There’s also [name]Fantasia[/name] and Kalpana which mean fantasy/illusion. Esha, [name]Kama[/name], Kamana, [name]Querida[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name] (and variants) which mean desire/desired. [name]Amani[/name] (desires, aspirations, wishes), Maram (aspirations), Naziya (high aspirations), Artemisa (whole and perfect), [name]Kamilah[/name] (perfection), [name]Kelila[/name] (perfection), [name]Irmina[/name] (wonderful), [name]Jaffa[/name] (wonderful), Peliah (wonderful) and [name]Shani[/name] (wonderful).

Any of those any good? [name]Jess[/name] x

[name]Aisling[/name] is [name]ASH[/name]-ling, variants [name]Aislinn[/name] and [name]Aislin[/name] are [name]ASH[/name]-lyn.

A few more…

Girls:
Sanja- [name]Dream[/name], Croation
Svajon”- [name]Dream[/name], Lithuanian

Boys:
Swapnil- Dreamlike, [name]Indian[/name]
Ayumu- [name]Ayu[/name] (walk) mu (dream), Japanese
Almos- sleepy/dreamy, Hungarian
Amets- [name]Dream[/name], Basque
[name]Arman[/name]- [name]Dream[/name], Kazakh
[name]Morpheus[/name]- Means ‘shape’ referring to the shapes you see in dreams, Greek

[name]Martin[/name] always makes me think of [name]Martin[/name] [name]Luther[/name] [name]King[/name] and the I Have a [name]Dream[/name] speech . . .

Pn?
Sanja?
Is this like [name]Sonia[/name]/[name]Sonya[/name]?
Svajon”?
No idea how to pn lol!?! But it ‘looks’ pretty.

My bff’s SO wants ti use Suenos (with “~” over the n, can’t make it work on my baackberry. Spanish for dreams) as mn, but on a girl it might be hard to get away with. Really love [name]Anoushka[/name] and some others I’ll be sure to pass along to her.

Wdyt
[name]Halia[/name]-Hawaiian means “in remembrance of a loved one”
Her SO is Hawaiian (she’s Czech).

I think Suenos with tilde is fine for middle name on a girl. It’s middle name, first of all, second of all, a lot of Spanish women’s names are like that, [name]Milagros[/name], [name]Dolores[/name], [name]Mercedes[/name], etc.

Best wishes to you and them!