Names that mean "Joy"?

[name]Hi[/name]! We’re thinking of going with [name]Georgia[/name] for our daughter (a complete reversal from the style names we were earlier considering, but this name has real meaning for us) - and we’re looking for ideas on possible middle names that mean “[name]Joy[/name]” … “[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Joy[/name]” doesn’t have the best ring to it… any ideas you have would be so great! Thanks!

[name]Chara[/name] means [name]Joy[/name]. [name]Naomi[/name] means “my joy”. [name]Do[/name] you like either of those? Also, [name]Felicity[/name] means happy.

Ooh, [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] would be beautiful!! Also, [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Gayle[/name]/[name]Gail[/name] mean “gives joy” (some sources also say “my father’s joy” for [name]Abigail[/name]). Perhaps [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] might appeal to you?

[name]Felicity[/name], [name]Letitia[/name] and [name]Lettice[/name] all mean ‘happy’. [name]Abigail[/name] means ‘my father is joy’ (as in, a child born of joy). Euterpe (yoo-TERP-ee) was the Ancient Greek [name]Muse[/name] of joy and music, and her name means ‘delight’. [name]Farah[/name] is another name which means ‘joy’, and so does the Hebrew name [name]Rina[/name]. Another Hebrew name, [name]Rani[/name], means ‘my joy’. Finally, the [name]Indian[/name] name Priti (pronounced like the word pretty) means ‘joy, love, happiness’.

Good luck!

[name]Abigail[/name] means “my father is joy”
[name]Alaia[/name] means “joyful”
[name]Aliza[/name] means “joyful” in Hebrew
[name]Makena[/name] means “joyful”
[name]Mirabelle[/name] means “wonderful”

That is all I can find. You could always use two middle names [name]Georgia[/name] ______ [name]Joy[/name].

My name is [name]Caroline[/name] and it means, joy, song of happiness and beautiful woman. I think that meaning says it all, and you would have to choose [name]Caroline[/name] on the basis of the meaning.

I think it is a great name.

All the best!

I didn’t know that your name was [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Rollo[/name]! It is one of my favourites :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that your name was [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Rollo[/name]! It is one of my favourites :)[/quote]

Thanks twinkle, yes I am [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Margot[/name]. I love my name but I did have issues with people giving me the nn of [name]Carol[/name]. If only the nn’s of [name]Callie[/name], [name]Carly[/name], [name]Carys[/name] etc had been around when I was young!

So, my husband, [name]Ramon[/name] and many friends call me [name]Margot[/name] but believe me I would never have gone to that but for the ‘[name]Carol[/name] issue’.

It is nothing unusual to me to have one lot of friends call me [name]Caroline[/name] and the other [name]Margot[/name], it is only when the two camps meet that they wonder what to do with someone who answers to two names. The answer of course is just call me the name you have always called me.

I also love the fact that there are at least two Carolines in my family tree. I am going back about 150 years, maybe there would be more if I went back further. I hope so.

So, please call me [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Bliss[/name]

Oh, [name]Margot[/name] is lovely, too, [name]Caroline[/name] :slight_smile: We lived in [name]France[/name] when I was a young teenager, and one of my best friends was called [name]Margot[/name] - we are still in touch. She has a very handsome little boy named [name]Florian[/name]! Apparently it is quite popular over there.

I think having two names might be fun! A couple of years ago, a school friend ([name]Beth[/name]) recounted to me a conversation she had with another old friend ([name]Claire[/name]) who I hadn’t kept in touch with - she thought it was the funniest thing. [name]Claire[/name] went to the same school as [name]Beth[/name] and I, but she moved schools when we were all about fourteen. There was a brief period in my early teens when I wasn’t so sure about being [name]Winifred[/name], and I reverted to my middle, [name]Alice[/name]. When I went to my new school, aged eleven, I told everyone, including the teachers, to call me [name]Alice[/name]. They complied, and I was known as [name]Alice[/name] until I decided to change back, aged fifteen. The switch was fairly difficult for people, but all of the ones who I still know call me [name]Winnie[/name]. Because [name]Claire[/name] left before I swapped back, and we hadn’t kept in touch, the conversation went something like this :

“[name]Winnie[/name] married [name]Alex[/name]'s cousin.”
“Who’s [name]Winnie[/name]?”
“[name]Winnie[/name] [name]Brown[/name]. You know [name]Winnie[/name] - we stayed at your house that [name]Easter[/name] holiday.”
“No, you and [name]Alice[/name] stayed at my house …”