Names that run together

My last name is [name]Otis[/name]. Can I use first names that ends in a? I’m talking about the “uh” sound. [name]Isla[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], etc.

Why not? I mean, yeah, it’s not great flow but it is by no means a deal breaker for me. I think something like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Otis[/name] is great. [name]Isla[/name] is pretty, but besides the A/O issue, I don’t think the flow of [name]Isla[/name] [name]Otis[/name] is that great–there’s a lot of vowels, and they’re both two syllables. I think [name]Violet[/name] [name]Otis[/name] would be great, though–has a similar sound to [name]Isla[/name] and has the hard consonants to help it flow better. It is a bit “T” heavy, though…

I think -a names should be fine if the flow works otherwise. The only names that are obviously off limits would be the -o names, like [name]Leo[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Margo[/name], etc.

names that end in -a are fine with O last names (with a long O, like otis). I know several O’Connors and O’Reillys who have first names that end in -a and it sounds great :slight_smile:

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Otis[/name] is very pretty.