Names to honor Diane

I am searching for a middle name to honor [name_f]Diane[/name_f] but so far the only name I’ve found that I like is [name_f]Adine[/name_f] (an anagram of [name_f]Diane[/name_f]) but I’m not totally sold on it as it sort of feels made up.

The first name will be [name_f]Mira[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

[name_f]Louise[/name_f] is also a possible middle name choice but my husband isn’t a fan.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] was the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess of the moon so what about something moon-related? [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is the Greek goddess of the moon and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], [name_f]Delia[/name_f], and [name_f]Selena[/name_f] are all names associated with her and the moon. There’s also [name_f]Luna[/name_f] as well.

1 Like

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] its diminutive of [name_f]Diane[/name_f].

I would go with [name_f]Diana[/name_f] because, for me it’s such a gorgeous name, but if you are asking I guess you don’t want the obvious answer xD. As somebody already suggested something moon-related ([name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], etc…) would go well or, in my opinion, names that mean “light” or “bright” or something similar, like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] (or [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Helen[/name_f]) or [name_f]Lux[/name_f]

Yes, [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is the obvious choice as are the other moon related names suggested. Other options are: [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_u]Skye[/name_u] & [name_f]Urania[/name_f] (heavenly); [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f], Elysium/ [name_f]Elysia[/name_f], [name_m]Forest[/name_m] & Woodland (i.e. [name_f]Diana[/name_f]'s playground); [name_m]Beau[/name_m] (i.e. [name_f]Diana[/name_f]'s bow); [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] (another version of [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]); or [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] ([name_m]Apollo[/name_m] was [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]/[name_f]Diana[/name_f]'s brother).

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Deanne[/name_f]? I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Deanne[/name_f] is pretty. Or even [name_f]Deanna[/name_f].

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] was the goddess of hunting and of protecting women, children, childbirth and virginity.

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] was the Greek counterpart, as others have said. [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] could also work.

One of her acolytes was [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], who [name_f]Diana[/name_f] turned into the flower baring her name so that she could avoid the gropey attentions of [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is therefore a really lovely association.

Other close followers of [name_f]Diana[/name_f] were [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f], [name_u]Orion[/name_u] (really only works on a boy).

[name_m]Apollo[/name_m] was [name_f]Diana[/name_f]'s twin brother. THerefore the feminine [name_f]Apolline[/name_f], Apolllina would have a connection

Then you could go with names connected to the symbols of [name_f]Diana[/name_f] - the cypress tree or the deer. As the immortal Virgin, [name_f]Virginie[/name_f] or [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] or Virgo are all names that would also work.

Another anagram of [name_f]Diane[/name_f] is [name_f]Edina[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Edina[/name_f] is pretty

[name_f]Dinae[/name_f] or [name_f]Danie[/name_f] as well.

I think [name_f]Diane[/name_f] itself is the obvious choice…classic, yet fresh again and ready for a return. [name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] both sound very beautiful.

Maybe [name_f]Andie[/name_f] or [name_f]Ann[/name_f]? I like the suggestions of [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] too.

Similar in sound and / or meaning (moon): [name_f]Livana[/name_f], [name_f]Dillian[/name_f], [name_f]Lucine[/name_f], [name_f]Dia[/name_f], Magena, Miakoda, [name_f]Monday[/name_f], [name_f]Ayla[/name_f], [name_f]Aylin[/name_f], [name_u]Dione[/name_u], [name_f]Kamaria[/name_f], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Dinah[/name_f], [name_f]Dina[/name_f] / [name_f]Deana[/name_f], [name_f]Dee[/name_f], [name_f]Indu[/name_f], [name_f]Chandra[/name_f], Cherika, [name_f]Hala[/name_f], [name_f]Dita[/name_f], Hilal, Kamra, [name_f]Sahar[/name_f], Levanah, [name_f]Diandra[/name_f], [name_f]Diantha[/name_f], [name_u]Diaz[/name_u], [name_u]Dillon[/name_u], [name_f]Deanna[/name_f] / [name_f]Dianna[/name_f], [name_f]Mona[/name_f], Luan, Lunasa, Mimiteh, Mahru, Mahta, Senay, Mahin, [name_f]Levana[/name_f], Chandrani, [name_f]Lunette[/name_f], [name_f]Lunetta[/name_f], Tukiko, Tsukiyo, Tsuki, [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

Names of moons: [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_f]Mab[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_u]Dione[/name_u], [name_f]Rhea[/name_f], [name_f]Margeret[/name_f], [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], [name_f]Io[/name_f], [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], Amalthea, [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], [name_f]Leda[/name_f], Thyone, [name_f]Helene[/name_f], [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], [name_u]Oberon[/name_u], [name_f]Titania[/name_f], [name_f]Naiad[/name_f], Nereid, [name_f]Larissa[/name_f], [name_f]Galatea[/name_f], [name_f]Belinda[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Perdita[/name_f].

Lunar deities: Avatea, Elatha, Mayari, Mahina, Hina, [name_f]Lona[/name_f], Marama, [name_m]Mani[/name_m], [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_f]Jaci[/name_f], Menily, Nikkal, Losna, [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f], Jarilo, [name_f]Indu[/name_f], [name_f]Chandra[/name_f].

Good luck!

I love the idea of using a moon inspired name! [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Selene[/name_f] would be stunning choices. I also think [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] would be cute paired with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] (a little too rhymey with [name_f]Mira[/name_f]). Best of luck, I hope you find a name you love!

[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Deanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Deanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Dana[/name_u]/[name_f]Danna[/name_f]
Dayann
[name_f]Dona[/name_f] - as in Italian for Lady
[name_f]Dorianne[/name_f]

I’m a big fan of [name_f]Louise[/name_f] as a middle name. If your husband doesn’t like it maybe he’d like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], or [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]? Personally I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is lovely!