Names to match Rodaidh and Isla - help!!!!

After (much) discussion with [name]Mike[/name], I think we’re going with:
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Mairead[/name] [name]Macrae[/name] and Rodaidh [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Macrae[/name] and:
[name]Eilidh[/name] Morainn [name]Macrae[/name] for a girl
Tearlaidh [name]Tomas[/name] for a boy

What do we think?

[name]Both[/name] are great.

good luck.

Was just thinking about the meanings of the names…

Lilidh [name]Ailsa[/name] means “lily (flower) island”

[name]Micheal[/name] Ronaidh means “he who resembles god ruler’s counsel” - that is funny - better not tell him - it’ll go to his head!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Mairead[/name] means “island pearl”

Rodaidh [name]Lucas[/name] means “red king from lucania” - that’s a little bit funny - poor Rodaidh - we really didn’t think that one through!

[name]Eilidh[/name] Morainn means “light, white sea” - kinda makes me love it more!

Tearlaidh [name]Tomas[/name] means “free man twin” hmm… not sure about [name]Tomas[/name] as mn now… Branan means"raven", [name]Taran[/name] means “thunder”, [name]Cailean[/name] means “young warrior”, [name]Conall[/name] means “powerful”, Alpin/Ailpein means “white”. What do you think?

[name]Kinda[/name] feeling sorry for the boys now!

Can’t decide between Tearlaidh Branan [name]Macrae[/name] or Tearlaidh [name]Tomas[/name] [name]Macrae[/name]… What do you think?

Def think going with [name]Eilidh[/name] Morainn for a girl - I know it’s close to [name]Isla[/name] but we love the name so much!

Oh and [name]Happy[/name] New Year to you all!

I really like [name]Taran[/name] followed by [name]Conall[/name], then [name]Cailean[/name] and Branan.

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Taran[/name] has a chance?

Maybe as mn… I think we’ve pretty much decided on Tearlaidh as fn… Although that may change depending on whether it suits or not!

I agree that Tearlaidh is a great first name, I meant [name]Taran[/name] as a mn. Is the flow okay, I can see why the T.T. may be too much but [name]Taran[/name] is a lovely name.

I agree that Tearlaidh is a great first name, I meant [name]Taran[/name] as a mn. Is the flow okay, I can see why the T.T. may be too much but [name]Taran[/name] is a lovely name.[/quote]

Well we have that with [name]Tomas[/name] anyway! Also [name]Tomas[/name] and Branan are [name]Mike[/name]'s fav names… so that’ll have to be a discussion with him! I do love [name]Taran[/name] too -

Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] [name]Macrae[/name] - TCHAR-lee [name]TAH[/name]-ran MAH-cray
Tearlaidh Branan [name]Macrae[/name] - TCHAR-lee BRAhn-nan MAH-cray
Tearlaidh [name]Tomas[/name] [name]Macrae[/name] - TCHAR-lee [name]TOM[/name]-as MAH-cray

I’ve put the best approximation to our pn with syllable which are accented in capitals. Which do you think sounds/flows best?

I agree that Tearlaidh is a great first name, I meant [name]Taran[/name] as a mn. Is the flow okay, I can see why the T.T. may be too much but [name]Taran[/name] is a lovely name.[/quote]

Well we have that with [name]Tomas[/name] anyway! Also [name]Tomas[/name] and Branan are [name]Mike[/name]'s fav names… so that’ll have to be a discussion with him! I do love [name]Taran[/name] too -

Tearlaidh [name]Taran[/name] [name]Macrae[/name] - TCHAR-lee [name]TAH[/name]-ran MAH-cray
Tearlaidh Branan [name]Macrae[/name] - TCHAR-lee BRAhn-nan MAH-cray
Tearlaidh [name]Tomas[/name] [name]Macrae[/name] - TCHAR-lee [name]TOM[/name]-as MAH-cray

I’ve put the best approximation to our pn with syllable which are accented in capitals. Which do you think sounds/flows best?[/quote]

I am biased but I think that the T names do have a better flow than Branan, of course my Scottish accent skills are nil but I like [name]Taran[/name] too because it sounds fresh and manly and has a ‘2010’ vibe as does [name]Charlie[/name]. It is my favourite.