Names to use in a collection of short stories

Hey guys!
I am writing a collection of short stories called ‘En række tilfælde skæbner’ (losely translated to ‘A series of accidental fates’)
It is about a series of young people each in a different dilemma. As they tell their story, they bump into each other crisscross and without getting to know each other, they still somehow change their lifes.

So, I have come up with 10 young people from all over Europe. They all have a different problem and personality, now I just need the names. They are somewhere between 18 and 23 years old

1. She was raised in Spain and her parents are respectively from Spain/[name_f]Italy[/name_f] and [name_f]Scotland[/name_f].
    Appearance: Skinny with straight darkbrown hair and beautyfull brown doe eyes.
    Dilemma: She is involved in petty crime and is afraid it will hurt her fathers political career.
    Name: I think I will name her [name_f]Rosalba[/name_f] Suarez, but I not 100% sure. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it will suit her?

2. She was raised on Iceland from age 1-7, then her family moved to Great [name_m]Britain[/name_m]. Her mother is from Iceland, the father from [name_f]Ireland[/name_f].
    Appearance: Fair skin, flaming red hair (natural) and green eyes. Tall and delicate.
    Dilemma: Her mother is in prison for murder and she (Elísabet) is affraid what people will think of her, if they found of she is the daughter of a murderer.
    Name: I like the name Elísabet [name_u]Day[/name_u]

3. [name_m]Born[/name_m] and raised i Denmark. Both of her parents are Danes but her mother was adopted from Spain at the age of 8/9
    Appearance: [name_u]Light[/name_u] brown hair and eyes and tanned skin. She is normal height and a little skinny
    Dilemma: She is the typical pretty girl with good grades and a lovely boyfriend. Unfortunately she is in love with her best friend (girl).
    Name: I was thinking about the name [name_f]Martha[/name_f] Zachariasen, I like the flow

4. [name_m]Born[/name_m] and raised in [name_f]Russia[/name_f]. Both of her parents are Russians as well
    Appearance: Dark hair, sharp cheekbones and deep-set, grey eyes. She is tall with an athletic bodytype
    Dilemma: She is a figure skater and model. Most people might find her spoiled, snobbish and arrogant, but only a few know she has a abbusive boyfriend
    Name: I would like a Russian name with an international sound. I have considered names such as [name_f]Evgenia[/name_f] and [name_f]Adelina[/name_f]

5. and 6. Twins (5 is a girl, 6 is a boy) born and raised in [name_f]France[/name_f] with two [name_u]French[/name_u] parents
    Appearance: 5. [name_f]Strawberry[/name_f] blond hair and blue-ish eyes. Short and brawny. 6. tall and fragile. [name_u]Auburn[/name_u] hair and bright blue eyes.
    Dilemma: [name_m]Even[/name_m] though they are twins, they are like day and night. 5 is bubbling and frank, 6 is reserved and shy. 6 desperately wants to step out of his sisters shadow and 5 is willing to do anything to not let it happens
    Names: I quite like the names [name_u]Antoine[/name_u] and [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] but I’m open to all suggestions

6. [name_m]Born[/name_m] and raised in Croatia by his mum
    Appearance: Dirty blond hair, freckles and vivid, green eyes. A little short
    Dilemma: He has his head full of dreams but is afraid he won’t be able to live life the fullest because he is mute
    Name: …

7. [name_m]Born[/name_m] and raised on a small Greek island
    Appearance: Tall and muscular. He has grey eyes, a charming smile and dark stubbles.
    Dilemma: He is inlove with ‘the girl nextdoor’… but she is married and 10 years older than him

8. [name_m]Born[/name_m] and raised in [name_m]Germany[/name_m]. He has 4 younger siblings, his mother i [name_m]German[/name_m] an his father is from Pakistan
    Appearance: Medium dark skin with golden undertones, black hair and dark eyes. He has a warm smile and is a little chubby
    Dilemma: He is very intelligent and dreams of working with fashion, but his parents want him to be a dentist

9. Raised i Norway. I still haven’t decided on the parens ethnicity but I assume they will be Scandinavian
    Appearance: Fair-haired with light blue eyes. He is tall and has a scar on his left cheek
    Dilemma: When he was 18 he got drunk, stole a car and ran down a dog. He was never caught

I am open to all suggestions, but I would prefer if the names matched with their nationality to make it more realistic. :smiley:

1. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] (I think [name_f]Rosalba[/name_f] is nice, and I’ve never heard it before!)
  2. I like [name_f]Elisabet[/name_f].
  3. You could also consider [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], which may be good for her mother raised speaking Spanish.
  4. [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f], [name_u]Maria[/name_u] are all nice and easy to pronounce in a number of languages.
  5. I like [name_u]Antoine[/name_u] and [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], but I also like [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] fo the girl and [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] for the boy.
  6. [name_m]Luka[/name_m] or [name_m]Mateo[/name_m]?
  7. [name_m]Adrian[/name_m], [name_m]Basil[/name_m], [name_m]Alec[/name_m].
  8. [name_m]Ben[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Hans[/name_m].
  9. [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_m]Martin[/name_m].

Good luck!

1 Like
  1. I like [name_f]Rosalba[/name_f]! Different but intuitive.
  2. [name_f]Elisabet[/name_f] is nice!
    3.[name_f]Martha[/name_f] seems a bit old-fashioned (in the US where I’m from) but it might be more common in Denmark. I like the suggestion of [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] by @almostactually
  3. [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] is pretty! I also like [name_f]Annika[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Irina[/name_f], [name_f]Katerina[/name_f], [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], [name_f]Yelena[/name_f]
  4. I like [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] for the girl but I would prefer another boy name, maybe: [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] or [name_m]Étienne[/name_m]
  5. [name_m]Luka[/name_m], [name_u]Nikola[/name_u], Davorin
  6. [name_m]Anastasios[/name_m], [name_m]Cyril[/name_m], [name_m]Kostas[/name_m], [name_m]Nikolas[/name_m] “[name_u]Niko[/name_u]”
  7. [name_m]Amir[/name_m], [name_m]Talha[/name_m], [name_m]Kamil[/name_m], [name_m]Naviyd[/name_m]/[name_m]Naveed[/name_m]
  8. [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_m]Kristoffer[/name_m]