names too macthy?

So I’m almost (not 100% set) on [name]Cormac[/name] for a boy. thoughts?
but the name im almost set on for a girl is [name]Keira[/name] ([name]Keer[/name]-uh) too similar in sound? different styles? what do you think of [name]Cormac[/name] and [name]Keira[/name]?
*cormac will probably get the nn of [name]Mac[/name].
other suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

The only similarity I can hear is that they both begin with a “kuh” sound. They have different initials so that’s a plus. I think they would be wonderful for siblings.

I don’t think they are too matchy. I do like [name]Cormac[/name], but I always end up thinking of the harry potter character. :slight_smile:

I Highly recommend [name]Cormac[/name]! I [name]Love[/name] the name and even though it’s [name]WAY[/name] matchy with our first son, we couldn’t help but use it. We picked out either [name]Cormac[/name] for a boy or [name]Cordelia[/name] for a girl when we found out we were expecting again. Then, it turned out to be boy/girl twins. I didn’t like the idea of having three names That similar, but no matter how much we poured over other names, nothing struck us like our original picks, so I finally gave up and gave in to using them (my husband never wavered).

So funny, ours will probably be [name]Mac[/name] also, and CJ or Deelee (family nn) for [name]Cordelia[/name].

I don’t think it’s matchy with [name]Keira[/name] at all, especially in comparison to ours! :slight_smile:

Actually, since we’re living in [name]Ireland[/name] and [name]Cormac[/name] is a Very Irish name, for a girl I’d go with the Equally Irish spelling of [name]Keira[/name], which is [name]Ciara[/name].

Me too! But it does have a nice sound…

for a girl I’d go with the Equally Irish spelling of [name]Keira[/name], which is [name]Ciara[/name].

unfortunately, where i am from, [name]Ciara[/name] gets pronounced [name]Sierra[/name], not keer-uh, as i would prefer.

Not matchy at all!