Names with Bee as a nn?

Hey again, everyone!

After reading a suggestion from @Greyblue on my last topic, I’ve really fallen in love with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. I really like the nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f] (thanks, [name_f]Bee[/name_f] and Puppycat), and since 90% of the names on my list are honor names, I’d like to have a name for me. In addition to [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], are there any other names with the nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f] you’d like to suggest?

Also, could Bea work as a standalone name? Pronounced “bay-a” but nn Bee?

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

I think any name beginning in the letter B could have the nickname [name_f]Bee[/name_f]! But, of more specific names:
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Beata[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatta[/name_f]
[name_f]Bijou[/name_f]

1 Like

Good point! These are great names :smiley: Thank you!

1 Like

Phoebe!

I agree that any B name would work…

Behati
[name_f]Bryony[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Betony[/name_u]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]

Maybe also…

Abigail
[name_u]Albany[/name_u]
[name_f]Ebony[/name_f]
[name_f]Hebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Deborah[/name_f] (means :honeybee:)
[name_f]Melissa[/name_f] (also means :honeybee:)

1 Like

Ooh, these are great names! I really like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and I’ve been toying with [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]. Thank you so much :smiley:

1 Like

Thisbe
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_f]Hebe[/name_f]
[name_u]Catesby[/name_u]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]…[name_u]Abby[/name_u]…[name_f]Bee[/name_f]?
[name_u]Darby[/name_u] or [name_u]Derby[/name_u]
[name_f]Quenby[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinby[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Phoebe!!

3 Likes

Thisbe is so cool! I know the name from the tragic tale of [name_m]Pyramus[/name_m] and [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], which is essentially the Latin version of [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. I really dig it. [name_u]Catesby[/name_u] isn’t one I’ve heard before, but it’s very cute! And of course, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is lovely! Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

It could work, but I feel like that might get confusing since a lot of people pronounce [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as bee.

1 Like

That’s a good point. Secretly, I would love to have a [name_f]Bea[/name_f] pronounced “bee,” but I’m worried as an adult, she might have problems being taken seriously if I do. [name_m]Ty[/name_m]!

I’m glad you think so :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] seems to be more popular these days, so that’s my only hesitation.

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Bea[/name_f] (bey-uh) and until recently I didn’t realise that her full name was [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f], I think its lovely as a name on its own :blush: also I love it as a shortening of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is also pretty

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I agree that any B name could be called [name_f]Bee[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite B names are [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] & [name_f]Bryony[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Bea[/name_f] could stand alone for sure, but I would definitely pronounce it “[name_f]Bee[/name_f]” at first so you’d likely run into having to correct people now and again.

1 Like

I agree! Honestly I might go with the “bee” pronunciation! I think with the [name_f]Bea[/name_f] spelling, it takes away the overly cutsey factor of just spelling it [name_f]Bee[/name_f]. [name_m]Ty[/name_m]!

Elizabeth & [name_f]Sabina[/name_f] (suh-BEE-nuh) are names of people I know with that nickname

1 Like

Sabina and [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] are really cute!

it’s still in the upper 900s of the SSA list :joy: (but last year it wasn’t even in the top 1000 :sob:)
I am a [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] fanatic, and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Bee[/name_f] is an amazing nn for it!

I can’t think of anything that hasn’t been suggested yet, but I love [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_u]Darby[/name_u], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], and [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]!

1 Like

Beela

1 Like

I haven’t heard that one before! It reminds me of [name_f]Leela[/name_f] from Futurama. Kind of a fun name :slight_smile:

1 Like