Names with red meanings?

So I’ve been trying to find names with a meaning that either is or associated with the color red. I use these as honors for my mom because it hard to find honor names that I like for her, so I use red because that her fav color, her birth stone is a garnet and she’s a red head. I have a few on my list but some of them don’t have one solid meaning or the meaning is more open to interpretation, I don’t really mind that though. I’ll also take names that have fire associations/connotations too! I’ll take any and all ideas, boy or girl!

There’s a list here.

1 Like

Thank you for the list!

some that i feel fit your vibe:

adamina - “child of the red earth”
akako - “red”
aruna - “reddish brown”
carmine - “vivid red”
kamala - “pale red”
omaira - “red”
rogan - “redhead”
russ / russet - “reddish”
sorrel(l) - “reddish brown”

i especially love carmine & rogan for you!

2 Likes

Oh I love all of those! [name_m]Aruna[/name_m], [name_u]Carmine[/name_u] (can actually also honor my grandma [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] too), [name_f]Kamala[/name_f], [name_f]Omaira[/name_f] (also can me a honor for my dad Omar!) and [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u] especially!

1 Like

All my favorites are on the list previously linked. But maybee you could do RED initials? I know you said red meaning but maybe you could use something like: (I’ll pull names from your UC) [name_f]Ruelle[/name_f] [name_f]Evening[/name_f] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] w/ nn [name_u]Red[/name_u] or something! Might not be what you’re looking for but just an idea :heart:

1 Like

First thing that comes to mind is [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] since I knew a girl named [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] who had red hair and everyone called her [name_u]Red[/name_u]! Also Meredith has red hidden inside it! I’m using the name [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] for my daughter who’s due soon and there’s a very likely chance she will have red hair so I’m glad that the nickname [name_u]Red[/name_u] is always an option! Although [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] isn’t associated with the color red, it has [name_u]Red[/name_u] as a nickname!!

4 Likes

Oh yea I never thought of that!

@eleanore3 oh that’s nice!

my favorites are [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_u]Crimson[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f], [name_m]Hart[/name_m], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Vermillion[/name_f], [name_u]Roux[/name_u], Rouge, [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_u]Burgundy[/name_u], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], actually I like the name [name_u]Garnet[/name_u] for a boy or girl

1 Like

I think [name_u]Rory[/name_u] means son of the red haired or red haired king something which I think is cool

1 Like

Some of my faves with red meanings:

[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Carmine[/name_u]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f]

• fiery meanings:

[name_f]Hestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_f]Apolline[/name_f]
[name_f]Idalia[/name_f]
[name_m]Cymbeline[/name_m]

1 Like

@Amccrory [name_u]Crimson[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f], [name_m]Hart[/name_m], [name_f]Vermillion[/name_f] (that’s definetly interesting never would have thought of that one), [name_u]Roux[/name_u], Rouge (love love love), [name_u]Ember[/name_u] and [name_u]Garnet[/name_u] are all super cool!

@seawillow [name_m]Radley[/name_m] is kinda cool!

@anon25197097 I am a big softy to [name_u]Rory[/name_u], so dang cute :pleading_face:

@enwmn [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and all of the fiery one are just super awesome, gonna have to edit my thing to include fiery cause that’s definitely a word you can use to describe my mother :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I like crimson, but it’s a gp for me :slight_smile:

1 Like