Names you love that most people don't get

Edited for privacy.

I love [name]Hugo[/name], partially because my grandfather’s name is [name]Hugh[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] would be a great namesake.
And for girls: [name]Phoebe[/name]! [name]Favorite[/name] slightly out-there name(:

Im in love with the name [name]Irving[/name], but everyone hates, i justove how old it is and i really do love the sounds i think it soubds strong and handsome, i also love fleurette, and everyone i know think its appalling, i dont know if i would use fleurette, but i do think its bery pretty!

Sorry for the errors!!!

I love Everleigh, Emberley, [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Persephone[/name], [name]Artemis[/name], Harpreet,[name]Isolde[/name], [name]Millicent[/name], [name]Calliope[/name], [name]India[/name], and so many more!
For boys I like: [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Appollo[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], Finnick, [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Santiago[/name], [name]Hemingway[/name], [name]Frost[/name]…

Girls
[name]Alyss[/name] - ([name]Alice[/name]) I’m in love with this name but I feel so guilty about the unique spelling
Perenelle nn [name]Nellie[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name] nn Prim
[name]Sabine[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Cambria[/name]
[name]Weaver[/name] - This the only occupation name I like and I can picture it on a really smart, pretty girl but I think I’m the only one who sees that…
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Albion[/name]

Boys
Matthieu - I love the French versions of boys names but no one gets why I don’t just use the English version
[name]Etienne[/name]
Tarrant
[name]Oxford[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name] nn [name]Alfie[/name]
Lir
Domovoi
[name]Alexander[/name] - I would love this name but my Mum is Russian and would use the nn [name]Sasha[/name]

[name]Alexia[/name]
[name]Averie[/name] - People think it’s a made up spelling, but alas, it’s just the French version.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] - Lots of people irl don’t like it much.
[name]Gabriela[/name] - They don’t get why I’d use only one L.

[name]Marilla[/name]
I absolutely LOVED [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables’ books growing up (still do, actually) and love the nn [name]Rilla[/name]. My husband finds it an awful name.
I mention the name every so often to see if my husband has started to come around but, each time, he starts singing, “[name]Marilla[/name] the Gorilla” (to the tune of Bananas in Pyjamas)!..no love for [name]Marilla[/name] in my house : (

@nymphalis I think [name]Dinah[/name] is super cute, and I like [name]Narcissa[/name], [name]Pandora[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name] and [name]Fairuza[/name].
@lnxn09 [name]Odette[/name] is gorgeous
@rhiatayler I like a lot of yours! [name]Andromeda[/name], [name]Arwen[/name], [name]Bellatrix[/name], [name]Sterling[/name], [name]Seren[/name], [name]Indigo[/name], [name]Isis[/name], [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Callista[/name]
@greyer I love [name]Cressida[/name], [name]Artemis[/name] (although I like [name]Artemisia[/name]), [name]Persephone[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Millicent[/name], [name]Odetta[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Pandora[/name], Jennaviva, [name]Coraline[/name], [name]Prudence[/name] - love NN [name]Prue[/name] but not the actual name itself (I agree), [name]Andromeda[/name], [name]Cassiopeia[/name] and [name]Oberon[/name] is to die for.

Most people react strangely to my entire list. [name]Minerva[/name], [name]Guinevere[/name] in the middle spot, [name]Freya[/name], [name]Fiorenza[/name], [name]Fairuza[/name], [name]Fenella[/name], [name]Arianwen[/name], Aerowen/[name]Aeronwen[/name], [name]Elva[/name], [name]Thalassa[/name], Nausicaa (which I’m not brave enough to use), [name]January[/name], Sunniva, [name]Gwendolen[/name], and more recently I was wondering if Arrietty would make a cute middle name.

My favorite name is [name]Ever[/name] - no one gets it. It’s unusable with my last name though so, although I feel brave enough to use it I still can’t :frowning:

[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Thomasina[/name]

Donegan
[name]Alistair[/name]/Alastor

[name]Love[/name] [name]Damien[/name] and [name]Odette[/name]. Unfortunately for any of these names to make it onto one of my children, I would need to find a new husband. :slight_smile:

[name]Harold[/name] and [name]Hilary[/name] (nickname Hillie) are my two. No one else seems to dig them.

I have a few that most people just can’t appreciate…

My all time favorite that gets the most vetoes…the girls name [name]Mavis[/name]! I think this name is stunning and underused. However, not a single member of my family and not one friend agrees with me.

I have finally convinced my hubby that [name]Millie[/name] is the perfect name for baby # 2, but that was quite a little bit of a battle. Not many other people are in love with it either, but I’m keeping it!

Other girls names:
[name]Isla[/name] (pronunciation issues)
[name]Effie[/name]
[name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Landry[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Neva[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Remi[/name]
[name]Birdie[/name]

Boys:
[name]Harvey[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] this one!)
[name]Brenner[/name]
Kiptyn
[name]Courtland[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]

[name]How[/name] funny! My husbands name is [name]Thomas[/name] and he loves the idea of [name]Thomasina[/name] and would love it if I was willing to use it!!! But, he’d need a new wife to get that one!!! :slight_smile:

I really love most of the names you guys have listed! The reason you are getting so many negative reactions is because the people you are talking to are not berries!

Mine: [name]Coralie[/name], [name]Vera[/name], [name]Eileen[/name], [name]Alonna[/name], [name]Carolina[/name], [name]Juna[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Ailsa[/name], Aslan, [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Seamus[/name], [name]Gulliver[/name], [name]Whittaker[/name], and [name]Topher[/name].

[name]Topher[/name] gets almost unanimous vetoes. :frowning: