Names you should like but don't

The main one that comes to mind for me is [name_f]Margo[/name_f] / [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I like all the names that pair well with [name_f]Margot[/name_f], I just don’t like the look or sound or really anything about [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

I’m sure there are others, but [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is the main one for me.

Probably tons but the only one I can think of is [name_m]Alonso[/name_m], has the A, ends with O, Spanish, distinctive, fits everything for me but I just can’t get into it, I love it for other people but just not for me

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] style is Cottagecore-esque vintage and botanical names… But I’m not a fan of the names [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] literally makes me cringe, if I had to choose my least favourite girls name, that would be up there.

And I love the idea of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] but when people say it, all I hear is “Violent”.

I’m terms of boys names, I wish I liked the name [name_m]Silas[/name_m], but I just don’t for some reason…

It’s funny how there are some names that fall perfectly into your “category” that just don’t do it for you at all!

1 Like

Some names that seem so much like my style but just can’t see myself using/don’t love:

Charlotte
Maeve
Saskia
Bronwyn
Clara
Delphina (ok I love Delphine but can’t see myself using it and for some weird reason I don’t like Delphina?)
Evangeline
Stella (though I love Estelle/Estella and I do like the name Stella, for some weird reason I can’t picture myself using it and I just don’t LOVE it!)
Olive (UGH I SHOULD LOVE HER!! I love cottagecore, word, color, charming, classic names! :grin:)
Gianna
Indigo (for some reason, I can only see this on a boy!)
Helen (though I love Helena!)
Victoria
Veronica

same!!!

Silas
Bodhi
Benjamin
Nathan (I love Nathaniel tho!!)
Christopher (I love classic, long-ish, timeless, handsome, romantic names!)
Reuben
Amos
Rhys (love but can’t see myself using it…maybe bc it sounds just like Reese? I guess I love it mostly for the spelling :joy:)
Enzo
Jack
Francis
Gideon

1 Like

Also…
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

atlas, cecilia, beatrix, george, margot (but i love margaux) :sob::sob:

A few weeks ago I would have said Reuben/Ruben, but I’ve finally come around to it.

I feel like I should like [name_m]Felix[/name_m], but don’t.

[name_m]Kevin[/name_m]

I usually like names with those sounds like [name_m]Kelvin[/name_m], [name_u]Devin[/name_u], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], etc. and I also tend to appreciate names that are slightly older like that e.g. [name_u]Scott[/name_u], [name_u]Kyle[/name_u], etc., but just not this one.

Eleanor, Jane, Catherine, Josephine(accceptable as a middle), Madeleine, Stella, Agnes, Matilda, Claire, Elowen, Isabella, Penelope, Phoebe, Charlotte, Winifred, Sylvia, Maeve, Maude, Willa, Willow

I really do love clunky, fusty names
…but not the usual clunky fusty names. :sunglasses: ie…

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]