Names you're considering outside of "your box"

Does anyone like any names that are totally out there compared to the others on your list? A name that just doesn’t jive with the general style you look for?

Example…
Hubby and I love [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Vincent[/name], [name]Elliott[/name], and [name]Bram[/name]. But we also love [name]Lennon[/name] for a girl–not at all like the others!

Hm, I can’t say that I have names that are outside of my box-- I don’t seem to have a box really! :smiley:
However, I’m reigned in by my much more conservative husband (which is not a bad thing-- it forces me to get creative and helps me narrow down the choices!)

Here are some that are either too out-there for me to actually use or would never pass with my hubby (most are word names come to think of it):
[name]Winter[/name]
[name]Snow[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]North[/name]
[name]Dove[/name]
[name]Wren[/name] (love but always sounds like [name]Ren[/name]… ala [name]Ren[/name] and Stimpy in case anyone remembers that show…)
[name]Lark[/name]/[name]Larkin[/name] – would use in a heartbeat if DH liked it
[name]Poet[/name] – likewise

On the other hand, there are a few really popular names that I love that I would never use because of their popularity and their inconsistency with our chosen naming path:

[name]James[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]

Most of mine fit together roughly but sometimes I am drawn to something a little outside of my usual style.

I like [name]Dolores[/name] despite the fact I usually dislike all the names that make me think of old ladies ([name]Vera[/name], [name]Agnes[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Ethel[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] etc).

I also really like [name]Sailor[/name] right now and I usually hate occupational names. But [name]Sailor[/name] makes me think of [name]Sally[/name] which is cute and spunky and I do love tomboyish girls so it feels like a boyish girls name in a way.