Names

[name]Just[/name] a nice list of names i found, what do you think of them?:slight_smile:

[name]Iwona[/name]
[name]Lu[/name]
[name]Lake[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
Benedicte (girl)
[name]Celine[/name]
Alber
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Shan[/name]
[name]Robyn[/name]
[name]Cali[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Mattie[/name]
[name]Fae[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
Thais
[name]Marcella[/name]
Levitt

My favs of those are [name]Violetta[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name]…thanks for posting this!

Hmm . . .

[name]Iwona[/name] - This sounds a little made-up.
[name]Lu[/name] - I like this as a nickname for [name]Louisa[/name] or [name]Lucia[/name].
[name]Lake[/name] - I like names that mean lake more: [name]Meara[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name] - A beautiful, uncommon Bible name for girls.
Benedicte - This sounds like the boys’ name [name]Benedict[/name].
[name]Celine[/name] - Sweet, silky, French name. [name]Do[/name] you pronounce it [name]SAY[/name]-leen or sah-LEEN?
Alber - I feel compelled to add a “t” and make it [name]Albert[/name].
[name]Miranda[/name] - My favorite on this list. Strong and gorgeous!
[name]Camilla[/name] - Very pretty.
[name]Ailsa[/name] - Exotic-feeling, but seems destined to mispronunciation.
[name]Shan[/name] - I want to add an “e”.
[name]Robyn[/name] - This could be a revival possibility. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Robin[/name]?
[name]Cali[/name] - I like this as a nickname for [name]Calandra[/name] or [name]Callista[/name] (or [name]Calixta[/name]).
[name]Violetta[/name] - Pretty and Victorian. Like.
[name]Zara[/name] - Short, exotic, and cute.
[name]Mattie[/name] - I like this as a nickname for [name]Martha[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name].
[name]Fae[/name] - This is so cute and retro! I like the [name]Fay[/name] spelling best.
[name]Ida[/name] - I like this! Old-fashioned and spunky.
Thais - Cool and antique-sounding. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Thaisia[/name] or [name]Thaisis[/name]?
[name]Marcella[/name] - Pretty and classy name, but the sad of possibility of [name]Marcy[/name] for a nickname.
Levitt - This sounds very masculine to me.

Good luck!

I really like:
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]/[name]Fay[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]

I love:
[name]Celine[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Robyn[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Ida[/name] *
[name]Marcella[/name]

:slight_smile:

Oh i love the name [name]Tallulah[/name] as a full name for nn [name]Lu[/name]. And [name]Dinah[/name] is a name I would consider using as a mn in th efuture as its a family name. Yes I do like the name [name]Robin[/name], that and [name]Fable[/name] are my favourites at the moment:)

[name]Celine[/name] is pronounced Sell-Leen.

[name]Cali[/name] sounds really cool and laid back name, don’t really like the name [name]Callista[/name] despite lovely meaning, just wondering if there is any alternative to get nn [name]Cali[/name]?

Levitt is growing on me as a boys name, to me its quite unheard of and love possibility of [name]Levi[/name] as a nn.

Okay, here’s an idea for finding more “cali” names. At the Nameberry main page, look under “search names by” and click “initial”. Once you get to the search page, type “cali” in the “stars with” box and do the search. The results will show girls’ and boys’ names, but you can change that in the “gender” box to the right of the results.

I hope you find something!

[name]Iwona[/name] - I want to say [name]Iona[/name], or even Iowa.
[name]Lu[/name] - a spunky but sweet nn for [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Lake[/name] - the sentiment is nice, but it’s not particularly imaginitive.
[name]Dinah[/name] - seems 80s to me … I much prefer [name]Diana[/name], although that does make me think of car crashes, conspiracy theories and the overbearing statue in Harrods …
Benedicte - how unusual! I really like this one, with the spunky nn [name]Bennie[/name].
[name]Celine[/name] - quite pretty, but also very [name]Dion[/name].
Alber - I feel like it should be [name]Albert[/name] (which I think is quite handsome, and definitely interesting).
[name]Miranda[/name] - satisfying to say, and quite pretty.
[name]Camilla[/name] - I’m actually not a huge fan of this, although I know a lot of others love it.
[name]Ailsa[/name] - so vintage, pretty and charming, but I also a little spunky; I love this one!
[name]Shan[/name] - seems a little … short.
[name]Robyn[/name] - a trendy spelling coupled with a somewhat dated name, makes an unhappy Twinkle :frowning:
[name]Cali[/name] - as a nn for [name]Calliope[/name], [name]Calanthe[/name] et cetera, I quite like this one.
[name]Violetta[/name] - pretty, but I prefer the gorgeous [name]Violet[/name].
[name]Zara[/name] - [name]Phillips[/name].
[name]Mattie[/name] - a spunky nn for [name]Matilda[/name], which I adore.
[name]Fae[/name] - I love the fairy association, but not so much the name itself.
[name]Ida[/name] - I love this unusual, pretty yet simple choice.
Thais - gorgeous.
[name]Marcella[/name] - quite nice.
Levitt - I’m not sure … I prefer [name]Everett[/name].