Naming 3rd Girl

We have 2 girls with longer, classic names and usually call them a shorter version.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] “[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]”
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] “Livi”

I love their names but I think with the third I may want to break our mold a little bit. I would like something short, uncommon but not strange, and slightly feminine. The top of that list right now is…

[name_f]Corie[/name_f]

I am also pulled toward names like we have already chosen. [name_m]Long[/name_m] with a nickname, feminine, classic. The top of that list right now is…

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] “[name_u]Joey[/name_u]” or “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]” ([name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is a family name on both sides)

Thoughts? Much appreciated.

Short, uncommon but not so uncommon to the point where it’s strange… I’d suggest:

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]/[name_f]Clio[/name_f] - Not entirely common, but has many variations
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] - [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] is on the rise and some consider it boyish, but I think it’s perfect for a girl
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]/[name_f]Fflur[/name_f] - Means flower in [name_m]French[/name_m], it’s rather feminine but I like the vintage feel to it

I like the name [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] because there are infinite possibilities for nicknames. I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Corie[/name_f] mainly because I know so many female [name_f]Corie[/name_f]'s. Otherwise, I have nothing against [name_f]Corie[/name_f], it’s just not a personal preference.

I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] for you because it’s classic and has plenty of short nicknames, like your other girls’ names. It fits spectacularly well.

ETA: [name_f]Corie[/name_f] is fine, but fits oddly with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Cora[/name_f] or [name_f]Coraline[/name_f]? [name_m]Both[/name_m] could have nn [name_f]Corie[/name_f] and [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] could have other nicknames as well.

[name_f]Josephina[/name_f] ([name_u]Josie[/name_u]) is very sweet.

[name_f]Corie[/name_f] seems or close too [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] for me. I love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], Livi, and [name_u]Josie[/name_u].

If you want a short, feminine name that works with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], why not consider

[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

[name_f]Aya[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], [name_f]Daina[/name_f]

I love [name_u]Josie[/name_u]!!

I’m also a fan of coral or coralline.

[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] also sound good

What about [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] it fits with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and could be shortened to [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]. Plus if you want something a bit different, you could have [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Edeline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] (ee-dee). I think its so sweet! :slight_smile:
It fits with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but its not as common. Yet it is still fairly long, pretty and girly :smiley:

What about [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], or [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] nn [name_u]Corrie[/name_u]?
I’ve also met a [name_f]Corissa[/name_f]. You could probably even do [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] nn [name_u]Corrie[/name_u]

Ooh thank you all for the awesome comments and suggestions!! I’m glad I’m not the only one having a hard time with [name_f]Corie[/name_f]. I am also happy to hear that most of you do not think going with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]” would be a good fit.