Naming a sibling for Simon

Expecting baby #2 due in [name_u]December[/name_u]. Right now we both agree on three girl names and two boy names. Boy names were significantly harder for us to agree upon. I did not include middle names yet because I don’t want that to affect your judgement of the first name. Which girl name and which boy name do you like with brother [name_m]Simon[/name_m]? Our last name is one syllable and very common. Thank you for your feedback!

Girls:
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] (Not short for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but we still worry about the chipmunk connection).
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

I really like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] together! So sweet and they sound good as a sibling set.

I agree with the chipmunk thing for your boys, unfortunately. It was the first thing I thought of when I thought “[name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]”. Now, that’s not a bad reference or anything embarrassing, but since kids always find a reason to tease, I might avoid that one. Especially since [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] are lovely!

I really like all 3 girls names, and love [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. My favorite with [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is [name_f]Clara[/name_f], but love love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], too. I think [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] works well too but is less exciting.

As for boy names, if I am honest, I really dislike both with [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. If I were to pick between the two I would go with [name_u]Theo[/name_u], although together they do bring to mind [name_m]Alvin[/name_m] and the chipmunks.

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]

I love, love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] together!
As for the boys, [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] is the better of the two, but I adore the name [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] from your signature! I think [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] sound really cute together.

I love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] together, though [name_f]Clara[/name_f] really works too
From your boys, I really love [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]!!

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] would be an adorable sibset.
For brother I like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] best.

These suggestions have been very helpful, particularly for the boy names! [name_m]Yuma[/name_m], I actually love all of the names you recommend; but sadly we cannot use any of them for various reasons. Mostly, they’ve already been taken by our friends. Trulybrilliant, [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is one name that we could reconsider; thank you for bringing it back to my attention. I just have to convince hubby to forgive the [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] Brothers association (which in my mind is not a big strike against the name). To choose a girl name, we may just have to roll a dice (j/k), because I think we would be happy with any of them, and so far the opinions are varied. Keep the feedback coming! This is helping a lot!

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] with [name_m]Simon[/name_m]

Other ideas

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] & ______:

[name_m]Malcom[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]/[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] “[name_f]Mia[/name_f]”
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Loralei[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] “[name_u]Romy[/name_u]”

My favorite girls’ name for you is [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], although I quite like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] too. I would hesitate on [name_u]Theo[/name_u] because of the chipmunks, although I don’t know how popular they still are. From your signature, I think [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] works best with [name_m]Simon[/name_m], although I also like [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] and would suggest [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

Hello again! Wilkie8709, I like your suggestion of [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]! I think she would fit perfectly in our family; the only trouble is we know two Tabithas already. [name_f]Erin[/name_f] beth, thank you for suggesting [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]! I have been trying to sell my husband on this name, but have not been successful. But my husband is okay with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] now, Thanks again Trulybrilliant; I love it too!

The newest idea I’m playing with is combining all three of my girl names together by giving my daughter two middle names. I was thinking of using [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (in full or diminutives) in the middle since those are my two honor names. Thoughts on this idea, if anyone is still reading this thread?

What about…[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]?

Thank you for your opinions!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is a gorgeous combo! It’s got great flow and sounds perfect with [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m]! I may be a bit biased though, as both [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are on my own list lol
Hooray for the win on [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]! [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] or [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] would be cute name combos for a boy, if you’re looking for a middle.