Naming my baby twins

I am due with boy/girl twins in early august. I want to name my girl [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Callie[/name] and the boy [name]Carter[/name] [name]Landon[/name]. The last name is [name]Platt[/name]. Tell me
what you think and why or why don’t you like them.

[name]Carter[/name] [name]Landon[/name] is nice. [name]Lillia[/name] and [name]Callie[/name] are both nice but together they are very L heavy.

[name]Hi[/name] there!
I think it’s nice that their initials mirror one another – a nice subtle way to tie them together.

I also like that [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Callie[/name] are current and trendy while [name]Landon[/name] and [name]Lilia[/name] are more established.

[name]Carter[/name] is not my personal style – but I love [name]Landon[/name]!
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Callie[/name] is a little L-heavy although that doesn’t bother me as much as the fact that it makes me think you are naming her directly after the calla lily.

Overall though, I think they are very nice names that work well as a twinset! Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name]!

Congratulations on your twins! I’m a twin - identical - and it is pretty neat!

As for your names, I really like both [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Landon[/name]! I don’t recommend matching first initials, so I’m glad you haven’t used them. Reverse initials is very cute, though.

[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Callie[/name] has too much of the same sounds - L and EE - for my liking. sorry! Also, next to the elegant [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Callie[/name] looks - and is - a nickname, insubstantial and out of place. I’d recommend:

[name]LILIA[/name] [name]CALLIOPE[/name] - still has a lot of the same sounds…
[name]LILIA[/name] [name]CATHERINE[/name] - beautiful and elegant…
[name]LILY[/name] [name]CASSANDRA[/name] - feminine and romantic…

As for your boy name, [name]Carter[/name] [name]Landon[/name] is handsome, but I think [name]Carter[/name] sounds very modern and unisex in comparison to the feminine and relatively classic [name]Lilia[/name]! I would suggest [name]Landon[/name] [name]Carter[/name], but then you’d end up with the same initials, and that is way too cutesy for me! I’d suggest a different C name, such as:

[name]CHRISTOPHER[/name] [name]LANDON[/name] - strong, handsome name…
[name]COOPER[/name] [name]LANDON[/name] - very surname heavy, but nice…
[name]CORBIN[/name] [name]LUCAS[/name] - different name altogether…

Personally, I would choose [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Landon[/name]! [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] pair beautifully, and if you don’t want to use their full names, nicknames abound. [name]Lilia[/name] can be [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Lia[/name] (said like [name]Leah[/name]) and [name]Christopher[/name] can be [name]Chris[/name] or [name]Topher[/name]. I quite like the pairing of [name]Lia[/name] and [name]Topher[/name] for nicknames, as they are far less common than the standard [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Chris[/name]. Either is spunky and fresh, though!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I think [name]Carter[/name] [name]Landon[/name] is very handsome, and though I do agree that it perhaps isn’t the most ‘fitting’ fit with [name]Lilia[/name], I wouldn’t let that stop you if you love the name (which I do)

I also agree that [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Callie[/name] does not seem to have the best flow and it reminds me of calla lillies

I absolutely love [name]Lilia[/name]! [name]Carter[/name] is handsome as well and they’re quite nice together.

[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Callie[/name]- This has a lot of ‘l’, especially with the last name [name]Platt[/name]. Also, [name]Callie[/name] feels quite nicknamey to me with the full and beautiful [name]Lilia[/name].

[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Calypso[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Cassidy[/name] (love [name]Cassandra[/name] too, which [name]Lemon[/name] suggested!)
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] (already suggested but beautiful!)
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Callisto[/name]/[name]Callista[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Caterina[/name]

[name]Carter[/name] [name]Landon[/name]- [name]Carter[/name] is nice, as is [name]Landon[/name]. They flow quite well too. Some other ideas are:

[name]Carter[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Carter[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Carter[/name] [name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Carter[/name] [name]Leo[/name]/[name]Leopold[/name]/[name]Leonardo[/name]
[name]Carter[/name] [name]Lucien[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I second lilli23’s [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Calypso[/name]–I like how they end on different vowels. Maybe consider [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], as that is what [name]Callie[/name] can be a nn for. As for [name]Carter[/name] [name]Landon[/name]: [name]Carter[/name] is okay, but I’ve heard it used for girls, too, and it is far too trendy for my liking. [name]Landon[/name], however, is a great name! I would suggest to switch it around to [name]Landon[/name] [name]Carter[/name], although I don’t know if you would find the two L’s matchy-matchy. When I try to think of a name that sounds like [name]Carter[/name], [name]Gardener[/name] comes up; they have similar sounds. [name]Gardener[/name] [name]Landon[/name] and [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Calypso[/name]? That would be such a handsome twinset, I do think!

If you are set and secure than I am happy for you! I just want to point out one thing about your name that you may not take as a negative at all, though it is something to consider-

Your daughters name, flip the first and middle and you have yourself a [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lilly[/name].

[name]Both[/name] names are great, yes L heavy, but if you love them that’s what counts, there’s nothing ugly or unseemly about them!

I prefer [name]Lila[/name] or [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Delilah[/name] to [name]Lilia[/name] it’s too frilly for me. I would also choose a longer middle name ending in a different letter. I prefer [name]Landon[/name] to [name]Carter[/name]. But wouldn’t give twins same initials.