Naming My New Ethiopian Daughter

See the results of this poll: Naming My Toddler

Respondents: 13 (This poll is closed)

• Evelyn Ruby Almaz Howard: 1 (8%)
  • Evelyn Elizabeth Almaz Howard: 1 (8%)
  • Miranda Grace Almaz Howard: 2 (15%)
  • Miranda Charlotte Almaz Howard: 2 (15%)
  • Naomi Winter Almaz Howard: 3 (23%)
  • Naomi Charlotte Almaz Howard: 4 (31%)

[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz is absolutely gorgeous! I love [name]Miranda[/name], too, but [name]Naomi[/name] just seems to fit better. [name]Evelyn[/name] just doesn’t have any spark-- I just find it such a boring name. [name]Emerson[/name] is awful and trendy, and in ten years you daughter will find this name list and wonder why she was given a masculine, trendy surname meaning ‘son of [name]Emery[/name]’ instead of such gorgeous alternatives. I really love [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz, it flows wonderfully and all three names are perfect.

It was a hard choice because there are several beauties on your list. My favorite is [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name]. It’s truly beautiful!

I do not recommend [name]Emerson[/name], but the other combinations you listed are very nice.

[name]Edit[/name]: As explained in my post on your other thread this morning, I love your use of Almaz!! The whole idea of including the name, plus the name itself, are wonderful!

[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name] is my pick.

I adore [name]Miranda[/name] - it is definitely my favourite of your first name choices. I chose [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz, due to the massive popularity of [name]Grace[/name] as a mn at the moment … it is starting to feel like a throwaway name to me.

I also like [name]Evelyn[/name] - my pick would probably be [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Winter[/name] Almaz.

Good luck!

I think that a little girl from Ethiopia, who likely has darker skin, would be best suited to either [name]Naomi[/name] or [name]Miranda[/name]. I think [name]Naomi[/name] more so than [name]Miranda[/name], though. [name]Evelyn[/name] I picture as more of a blond, porcelain-doll-type little girl, whereas [name]Emerson[/name] is a sporty girl with dirty blond, or brown, hair. I think [name]Naomi[/name] or [name]Miranda[/name] are great names!

[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name] or [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name] are my picks. Good luck!

OK, I’ve updated the poll to remove [name]Emerson[/name]–I agree once I was reminded that I don’t really like what it means. Also removed one other (can’t recall now)

thx!

All your choices are nice, but I like them in this order:

(1) [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name]
(2) [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name]
(3) [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Winter[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name]
(4) [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name]
(5) [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name]
(6) [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name]

I chose [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Winter[/name]…it has such a beautiful flow and while it is a familiar enough name so people will always pronounce it correctly, it does sound slightly unique and even exotic. I really just love it! And just a side note - [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] reminds me of half of the friends from Sex and The City - is that on purpose…?

Congratulations on bringing your little girl home! This must be such a wonderful and exciting time for you!

lol. no, miranda charlotte has nothing to do with SATC although i loved that show! but, since you mentioned that, it’s out! thx for pointing that out!

I love the name [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Almaz [name]Howard[/name]. [name]Miranda[/name] has a special appeal for me as it’s the name of my 2-year-old granddaughter, who is mostly called by her nn [name]Mira[/name]. I’m glad you’re including Almaz in her name. I think at 20 months she’s not too old to get used to a new first name if you prefer to call her by the first name you choose for her – perhaps using both names – eg. “[name]Miranda[/name] Almaz” – until she gets used to her new name.

It was so hard to vote for just one! :slight_smile: I love the [name]Miranda[/name] combos (I love the flow of [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], but it’s Sex and the City to me), and I love the flow of [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Almaz (I also love [name]Ruby[/name], because she’s your little gem). :slight_smile:

It was between [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] Almaz and [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz for me, and while I honestly love them both equally, I voted for [name]Naomi[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Almaz.

Whichever you choose, I honestly think they’re all beautiful. :slight_smile:

Good luck!