Naming our 2nd baby boy.

Hello,
My husband and I are expecting a baby boy in 2 months. We have a 14 month old son, and while we weren’t planning on having another one so soon, we’re thrilled! For our first child, the name came so easily! We agreed on it as soon as we found out about him. For this one, however, the name has been more of a challenge. We’ve been mulling it over, and are now freaking out that he might decide to show up early (Our son came 2 1/2 weeks early).
My husband’s name is [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] (he goes by [name]Josh[/name]). His middle name came from his grandfather. We wanted to use it, but his sister named her son [name]Oliver[/name], so it’s off the list.
My name is [name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Brandon[/name].
Our son’s name is [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] ([name]Luke[/name]).
We made it a point to avoid a J name - we’re not themey people. We’d also like to avoid L names.
My husband is the youngest of 5 so there are a lot of names already taken. He has 7 nephews and 4 nieces, most with names that we would consider had they not been taken. I’m including them because they are our taste (they’re in sib sets)
[name]Oliver[/name], [name]Alice[/name], and [name]Emilia[/name]. [name]Logan[/name], [name]Ryan[/name], and [name]Tyler[/name]. [name]Mathew[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]. [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Some names we’re considering: [name]Christopher[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Zachary[/name]
We don’t have any that we love, and really need suggestions!
Thanks!
[name]Jane[/name]

P.S.
We tend to like classic names, and popularity isn’t a huge issue for us.

[name]Christopher[/name] is a great name, but I personally don’t like [name]Chris[/name] as a nn.
Some of my faves are:

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Paul[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]

I love [name]James[/name] but does that mean its out because Dad has a J name? If so then [name]Harrison[/name] [name]James[/name] is very handsome, otherwise [name]James[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] and yes you must use it as it is Dad’s middle name whether someone else has an [name]Oliver[/name] or not.

PS In an obscure way because you are [name]Jane[/name] I love that you may have a son named [name]James[/name], so similar but not and yet a nod to Mom.

best wishes, rollo

[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Francis[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Nathan/name
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]

Ooo congrats! I really like [name]Luke[/name] and I think [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] flow nice. Here are some names I hope you like:

[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Clint[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Dustin[/name]
[name]Saul[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Alexi[/name] (might be too close to [name]Alexande[/name] though)
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Toby[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Thanks for all the feedback!

~ blondnblue ~
I agree with you on the nn Chirs. I’m not crazy about it. But I love the sound of [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Brandon[/name].

[name]Andrew[/name] - It’s alright, but I don’t like the NNs [name]Andy[/name] or [name]Drew[/name]”
[name]Jacob[/name] - We really like this, but want to avoid a J name
[name]Caleb[/name] - [name]Just[/name] not us
[name]Jeremiah[/name] - Too out there
[name]Gavin[/name] - My friend’s baby
[name]Gabriel[/name] - Always seemed feminine to me - best friend as a child was [name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Paul[/name] - We’re indifferent- don’t love it, don’t hate it
[name]Thomas[/name] - added to the list!

~ rollo ~

[name]James[/name] - We really like it, but want to avoid J names. It’s not completely off the table though.
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]James[/name] - adorable! But I think that [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] sounds weird. Maybe the double -on ending? Maybe that don and son rhyme?
[name]Oliver[/name] - We might use it as a middle name. We do kind of feel like it was ‘ours’.

~ mischa ~
[name]Ethan[/name] - We like this! But does [name]Ethan[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] sound weird? And we don’t like that there aren’t any real NNs
[name]Francis[/name] - my high school chemistry teacher - forever ruined for me
[name]Anthony[/name] - I don’t know why, but I don’t like it
[name]Daniel[/name] - Sort of blah for me
[name]Benjamin[/name] - love! [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] is adorable! Gotta love alliteration!
[name]Noah[/name] - a possibility”
[name]David[/name] - blah
[name]Edward[/name] - Twilight association is too much for me”
[name]Theodore[/name] - [name]Teddy[/name]'s cute. But seems too formal for us
[name]Charles[/name] - a possibility
[name]Leo[/name] - hubby hates it
[name]Nicholas[/name] - liking this one! Like the sound of [name]Nicholas[/name]/ [name]Nick[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]. But would we get stuck using names that end in -as for future kids? [name]LucAS[/name]. [name]NicholAS[/name].
[name]Christian[/name] - I just think of the religion. A Catholic named [name]Christian[/name]? Too much!
[name]Benedict[/name] - all I think of is [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Arnold[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] - I hate this name. And [name]Oscar[/name] too. I have no idea why!
[name]Nathan/name - cousin’s name is [name]Nathan[/name].
[name]Richard[/name] - sounds like a old man to me - maybe cause I have a great uncle [name]Richie[/name].
[name]Patrick[/name] - We like it, but wouldn’t want to use [name]Pat[/name] or [name]Rick[/name] as nicknames, and want a name with a nn.
[name]Robert[/name] -maybe ”
[name]Thomas[/name] - we like this!
[name]Vincent[/name] - the name of an dirty old resturant in our town
[name]Samuel[/name] - like this!
[name]Tobias[/name] - not feeling this one
[name]Adrian[/name] - a girl’s name to me
[name]Sebastian[/name] - not really our style. Seems very formal
[name]Simon[/name] - blah
[name]Edmund[/name] - old man’s name to us
[name]George[/name] - I can’t imagine a little boy with this name
[name]Arthur[/name] - [name]Just[/name] think of [name]Arthur[/name] and DW
[name]Frederick[/name] - too formal
[name]Gregory[/name] - like this! [name]Gregory[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] is nice, and [name]Greg[/name] is cute.
[name]Hugh[/name] - I just think of [name]Hugh[/name] [name]Grant[/name] - not that that’s a bad thing :slight_smile: but it’s not on the list.

~ lemonlime128 ~

We’re really like [name]Christopher[/name] too!

[name]Josiah[/name] - we want to avoid a J name
[name]Clint[/name] - prefer [name]Clinton[/name], but that’s the name of a nearby town
Elijiah - We don’t like it
[name]Isaiah[/name] - indifferent
[name]Charlie[/name] - prefer [name]Charles[/name] - maybe
[name]Duncan[/name] - reminds me of Dunkin Donuts
[name]Evan[/name] - doesn’t feel classic
[name]Emmett[/name] - my neighbor’s dog’s name - now I can’t imagine a person with the name
[name]Henry[/name]- cute, but seems kind of formal
[name]Dustin[/name] - not classic enough
[name]Saul[/name] - not us
[name]Harry[/name] - Like this! [name]How[/name] does [name]Harry[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] sound? Does it sound like [name]Brandon[/name] is hairy?
[name]Alexi[/name] - too close to [name]Alexander[/name]”
[name]Milo[/name] - Seems like a nn to me
[name]Max[/name] - prefer [name]Maxwell[/name]. It’s a possibilty.
[name]Toby[/name]- not our style
[name]Harris[/name] -[name]Harris[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] sounds like a law firm to me
[name]Aarron[/name]- our neighbor’s son’s name”

thanks again for all of the suggestions! Sorry we’re so picky.

Sorry for the long post above! I’ll try to keep it short.
Names we’re liking ~ we’d love your thoughts/ opinions/ suggestions!

[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]James[/name] - would [name]Luke[/name] feel left out? ”
[name]Ethan[/name] - any nn suggestions?
[name]Benjamin[/name] - is [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] cute? Or too much?
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Harry[/name] - does it sound alright with [name]Brandon[/name]?
[name]Maxwell[/name] - too trendy?
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]

Thanks!

Out of the list I like:
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]James[/name] (I think [name]Luke[/name] might like breaking the pattern, and it won’t be an issue if you have any more kids)
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] (if it’s too trendy you can try [name]Maximilian[/name])
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]

Thank you lemonlime128! We really appreciate your opinions!
We’ve decided to eliminate [name]James[/name]. Maybe if we have another boy, but we don’t want to take any chances with [name]Luke[/name] feeling left out.
We’ve narrowed it down a lot - down to four in fact.

What we’re considering:
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]

we’d love it if everyone would rate them, your favorite being #1, least favorite #4.

We were also wondering, what does everyone think of the nn [name]Kit[/name] for [name]Christopher[/name]? We’d only call him it as a baby/ little kid, and then switch him to [name]Chris[/name] for school. We’re not set on it - it’s just a thought.

[name]Lucas[/name]/[name]Luke[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] AND:
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Scott[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]/[name]Drew[/name]

[name]Christopher[/name] - 3th
[name]Timothy[/name] - least favourite
[name]William[/name] - favourite!
[name]Benjamin[/name] - (very close) 2nd

[name]Hi[/name]! Congrats on expecting. [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] is great. Could you use [name]James[/name] as a middle name? I like that it is similar to your name, [name]Jane[/name], and it continues the J theme in the middle which is subtle but special. I think all the names you listed could work as a brother for [name]Lucas[/name]/[name]Luke[/name]. [name]Christopher[/name] is my favorite off your list, it’s strong and masculine and has a variety of nicknames to chose from ([name]Chris[/name], [name]Topher[/name], [name]Kit[/name], [name]Kip[/name], etc- btw [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Kip[/name] are my two favorite nicknames for [name]Christopher[/name], they are so sweet!). [name]William[/name] is very popular but also very classic, and due to it’s popularity I’d say it’s my second favorite. I love [name]Liam[/name] as a nickname and think [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] would make a fabulous sib set. [name]Zachary[/name] is a bit dated to me- it just feels a bit overused because I know so very many Zacharys.

I’m not going to suggest that many names since you’ve gotten a lot of suggestions. One name that I like a lot is [name]Peter[/name]. It’s sweet and strong and it sounds nice with your last name- [name]Peter[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]. You could call him [name]Pete[/name], or just stick with [name]Peter[/name]. Another name I like a lot for you is [name]Timothy[/name]. I see it’s been mentioned, but I just want to say how much I love this name. It’s masculine and it’s cool, but it’s so down to earth and friendly. Can you imagine a bad guy named [name]Tim[/name]? [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] just sounds so sophisticated. Okay, another name I’m loving for you is [name]Samuel[/name]. It’s so strong and classic and I think it works wonderfully with [name]Lucas[/name], both are Biblical and timeless, plus [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Sam[/name] are great together. The last name I’m suggesting is [name]Asher[/name]. It’s just such a fun happy name, it’s Biblical and it has the awesome nickname of [name]Ash[/name]. It’s a bit off-beat but not unheard of and it sounds nice with your last name.

Okay, I hope that helps and wasn’t too long winded!

1. [name]Benjamin[/name]
  2. [name]William[/name]
  3. [name]Christopher[/name]
  4. [name]Timothy[/name]

That is how I would rank them. [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] seem like a very natural combination. I love [name]Kit[/name] as a nn for [name]Christopher[/name] also.

Others:
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Collin[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]

sorry for repeats

I like [name]Harry[/name] very much and it looks good with [name]Brandon[/name].

[name]Harry[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]

[name]Harry[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]

[name]Harry[/name] [name]Michael[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]

[name]Harry[/name] [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]

[name]Harry[/name] [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]

[name]Harry[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]

[name]Harry[/name] [name]Levi[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]

[name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] (I still like [name]James[/name] in the mix)

rollo

I appreciate all of the feedback.
My husband and I have made a decision for the first name. It will be [name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Ben[/name]. We love the way [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Ben[/name] sound together and love the sound of [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Brandon[/name].

We need help with the middle name though.
I love the suggestionb of using another J name in the middle, and like the name [name]James[/name].
But, does [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]James[/name] sound weird? [name]Do[/name] the Js run together?
Does anyone have any other middle name suggestions?
Thanks!

Oh what a great pair - [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Ben[/name]! I like [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Brandon[/name] too! Some other middle names for your consideration.
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Silas[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Vaughan[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Laurence[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Jude[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Heath[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
Best wishes to you and your family!