Nanala Frances

What do you think of the name Nanala [name]Frances[/name]?

Sorry, I don’t really like it. At first it seemed pretty close to [name]Katherine[/name] Hiegl’s new baby, Naleigh. Then I saw the word [name]Nana[/name], which a lot of people use as an endearing term for “grandma.” That might be a lot for a child to handle. Lastly, I noticed that “anal” is in the middle of the name. That one really did me in… :frowning: I do like [name]Frances[/name] in the middle, though :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, I don’t remember specifics on what you’re looking for. I’ve never heard of Nanala before, and nameberry didn’t have any information on it. So I didn’t really know how to suggest things similar to Nanala’s history. Here are a few with similar letters.

[name]Nanette[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Frances[/name] nn [name]Addie[/name]
[name]Amidala[/name] [name]Frances[/name] (VERY [name]Star[/name] Wars…it is pretty, though)
[name]Micheala[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Antoinella[/name] [name]Frances[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]?
[name]Briella[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Gisella[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Luciella[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Nila[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Nola[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Quilla[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Nakita[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Noemi[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

I have to say, I love it! Although I have had a bad personal experience with someone named frances and so would not use it myself, it is a really nice name and i think it goes really well with nanala.
how would you pronounce it?
good luck :slight_smile:

Nanala was just mentioned in yesterday’s blog post.

Nanala – never heard of it before, so don’t quite know what to think. [name]How[/name] about [name]Grania[/name]? [name]Just[/name] learned about that name, too, but feels a bit more familiar, somehow.

Others …

Zinnea
[name]Zina[/name]
[name]Zenobia[/name]

[name]Zanthe[/name]
[name]Zandra[/name]
[name]Winona[/name]
[name]Waneta[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Verona[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Trinity[/name]
[name]Tianna[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name]
[name]Tamora[/name]/[name]Tamara[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Santana[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Roxanna[/name]
[name]Pamela[/name]
[name]Noemi[/name]
[name]Nannette[/name]
[name]Naoma[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name]
[name]Modena[/name]
[name]Melanie[/name]
[name]Leandra[/name]
[name]Florentina[/name]
[name]Calantha[/name]

I’m sorry, I don’t really like Nanala because it sounds like [name]Nana[/name] which means Grandmother to me, and banana. I love [name]Frances[/name] though. It’s one of my faves.

Hmmmmmm . . . . . . not really sure about Nanala.

I have a penfriend in [name]Sydney[/name] Australia who is called [name]NOLA[/name] [name]FRANCES[/name] though!

My girls call their grandma [name]Nana[/name], so that’s what I first l think of. [name]Nala[/name] by it’s self is pretty. [name]Nala[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is nice. I like [name]Frances[/name] a lot.
Redridinghood’s friend [name]Nola[/name] [name]Frances[/name] has a great name!

It’s pronounced nah NAH lah.

Btw this name reminds me of [name]Mahala[/name], which shows up in my family tree twice, a mother and daughter. I’m not sure the origins of this name. I’ve found it to be a Native American name as well as Hebrew name. Anyway, it reminded me of Nanala.