[name_m]Little[/name_m] man has been pretty opinionated about his name and there have been very few that I like that also seem to pass his vibe check. I think I have my choices down to two, with a possible third.
I’m a big lover of surnames as first names, names that sound familiar but aren’t overly used, and names that will grow up with him (so playful while he’s little, but perfectly functional when he’s grown).
[name_m]Lowen[/name_m] I like because it has the familiar sound of Owen/Cohen/Rowan/Bowen but I haven’t heard used a ton. I also like the nickname [name_f]Lowe[/name_f]!
[name_f]Meyer[/name_f] makes me think of the lemon and of a teacher I had with a similar surname that I adored. I also loved [name_m]Miller[/name_m] but unfortunately had to take it off the list, so I like that [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] scratches that same itch.
[name_m]Stetson[/name_m] I really like but I know a few girls who have or are having little Stetsons and while I’m not close enough to any of them for that to be a deterrent, it’s just started to seem like every other little boy is a [name_m]Stetson[/name_m]!
[name_f]Parks[/name_f] is an old family name and I’m absolutely sold on it so just lie to me if you don’t like it lol
I love all of these options! [name_m]Lowen[/name_m], [name_f]Meyer[/name_f], and [name_m]Stetson[/name_m] are all so charming! My favourite option is [name_m]Stetson[/name_m], personally, in my area at least, there aren’t that many, so I don’t think it’s becoming super popular. However, if you like [name_m]Stetson[/name_m], but can’t use it, have you considered [name_m]Truett[/name_m], [name_m]Pruitt[/name_m], or [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m]? Also, similar to [name_f]Meyer[/name_f], with the surname aspect you might like, is [name_f]Mercer[/name_f]. Anyways, [name_m]Stetson[/name_m] [name_f]Parks[/name_f] is lovely, and definitely my favourite. Good luck!
I’d go with [name_m]Lowen[/name_m]! It feels familiar without being too common, and I really like [name_f]Lowe[/name_f] as a nickname. [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] [name_f]Parks[/name_f] has a great surname-y feel without sounding overly trendy. [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] is nice too, but [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] feels more distinctive and has a little more warmth to me. And I actually really like [name_f]Parks[/name_f]! It works especially well with [name_m]Lowen[/name_m].
I didn’t get to respond to your first thread, but I’m glad you’ve found a few names you really love! My heart is most drawn to [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] [name_f]Parks[/name_f], I think, though I adore [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] and love that [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] shares those vibes. (Honestly, I’m smitten with [name_f]Parks[/name_f] and would’ve done [name_f]Parks[/name_f] [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] or [name_f]Parks[/name_f] [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] myself!). I was sad to see that you weren’t able to use [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] that you’ve loved so long, but you’ve come up with some wonderful options! (I adore [name_m]Stetson[/name_m] too but agree on your assessment of his popularity!)
[name_f]Meyer[/name_f] [name_f]Parks[/name_f] is my favorite, followed by [name_m]Stetson[/name_m], then [name_m]Lowen[/name_m]. I like them all actually, but [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] feels the most versatile, wearable, approachable and ageless to me. Also, the most upbeat and friendly.
Someone else mentioned this, but I also really like [name_f]Parks[/name_f]! [name_m]Like[/name_m], as a first name! It’s also great in the middle spot, but extra fun in the first name slot.
As for [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] vs. [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] vs. [name_m]Stetson[/name_m], it seems that the people on this site aren’t too keen on [name_m]Stetson[/name_m]. I don’t know why, but I also don’t love it.
[name_m]Lowen[/name_m] and [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] are both very cool. [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] has a lot of fun rhyming potential (fire, hire, buyer, liar, dire, cryer, flier, etc.) This could be good or bad for you lol. [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] has a very familiar sound as you point out, and I also agree that [name_f]Lowe[/name_f] is a sweet nickname. One downside to [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] is that adults might hear your son introduce himself as “Lowen” and then just assume that his name is “Rowan” but that he can’t say his R’s. [name_m]Not[/name_m] a deal breaker, but something to think about.
Between those two names, I probably lean toward [name_m]Lowen[/name_m], but both fit all your criteria in my opinion!
I don’t hear a lot of surnames as first names around me so sometimes they feel a bit awkward or stiff to my ear – I would put [name_m]Stetson[/name_m] in that category. I think if you it’s gaining a lot of momentum around you and that’s putting you off a little, I would listen to that feeling and cross it off. [name_m]You[/name_m] want to go into the decision without any reservations if possible and for the name to still have it’s shine.
I’m a bit torn between [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] and [name_f]Meyer[/name_f]. They both have great qualities. I like the calm, gentle sounds in [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] but occasionally when I hear it, my brain focuses on the ‘low’ part as in feeling low – a little ironic given the meaning ‘joy.’ [name_f]Meyer[/name_f], on the other hand, has a brighter sound and more lively energy from the ‘er’ ending sound. I think I’m actually leaning towards [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] now.
One more positive for [name_f]Meyer[/name_f] – it clearly reads as the tailored/preppy/sporty surname style you typically enjoy whereas [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] sounds like a regular first name to me. Perhaps others read [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] differently? Might be something to consider.
I prefer [name_m]Lowen[/name_m] to [name_f]Meyer[/name_f], it feels more natural as a first name, it’s unique but familiar, there’s nothing wrong with [name_f]Meyer[/name_f], it just doesn’t feel like a first name to me and it feels like it could end up sounding like a law firm when combined with parks and a surname. IMO I would scrap [name_m]Stetson[/name_m] it feels too branded and associated with the hat and [name_m]Texas[/name_m] culture.