Narrowed Down the list to 3 Names

We have narrowed down our list to 3 names:

• [name]Eliana[/name]
  • [name]Serena[/name]
  • [name]Karina[/name]

My husband and I are at a stand still trying to pick from the three. I’d appreciate any input or suggestions, as I can just not pick between them!! My only reservation about [name]Eliana[/name] is that it seems to be on the upward trend of becoming wildly popular. Also, my son’s name is [name]Harrison[/name], although I think all three names sound good with his so I’m not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance! :smiley:

My favorite by far is [name]Karina[/name]!

100% my vote goes to [name]Serena[/name]. So perfect [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Serena[/name]. …i’m in love with that! [name]Serena[/name] is very feminine yet laid back, just as [name]Harrison[/name] is very masculin yet laid back. My reservations with [name]Karina[/name] and especially [name]Eliana[/name] is that they are super feminine and frilly, which isn’t the best match with [name]Harrison[/name].
Here’s to [name]Harrison[/name] & [name]Serena[/name]!
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Although I love all 3 I was slightly leaning towards [name]Serena[/name], especially because I love the meaning of the name. But, then I heard the song “[name]Corrina[/name], [name]Corrina[/name]” (which sounds so similar to [name]Karina[/name]) and I started second guessing myself. I guess I should stick to my instinct. Now that you put [name]Harrison[/name] & [name]Serena[/name] side by side I think I love it too!

Thanks for both of your input ladies!

Here’s another vote for [name]Serena[/name]! I think it’s such a gentle but strong name with a beautiful sound and a beautiful meaning and it works very well with [name]Harrison[/name]. It’s in my own top 10 girls names!

I think [name]Eliana[/name] has that slightly made up feel although I know it isn’t, and it has a nice sound but maybe it’s overly frilly? Plus I feel it’d get lost in a sea of [name]Ellie[/name]'s, [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Elena[/name]'s, [name]Liana[/name]'s and [name]Ella[/name]'s! Especially because it kinda sounds like [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Ana[/name] pushed together.

[name]Karina[/name] has a harsh feel to me I’m not sure why, and again would get lost in amongst all the [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]'s etc.

So for me it has to be [name]Serena[/name] :slight_smile: it’s perfect! [name]Trust[/name] your gut on this one :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

I didn’t even think of all the [name]Eli[/name]'s out there. You are sooo right. Crossing that one off the list right now! And, I agree with you on the name having a made up feel. Thanks!

Definitely [name]Serena[/name]! [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Serena[/name] sound and look great together! :slight_smile:

[name]Glad[/name] i could help by putting [name]Harrison[/name] & [name]Serena[/name] next to each other! This is one of my favorite combo’s i’ve seen on here i must say!

It might bother you, or it might make you sway even more towards [name]Serena[/name], but another pulling factor of this name is the Gossip Girl character played by [name]Blake[/name] Lively named [name]Serena[/name]. Paired with [name]Harrison[/name], it seems so UES Manhattan-ite. But don’t get too scared with me saying that, I’m sure most people won’t make that connection! hehe

Oh, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Serena[/name]! My favorite hands down. I also really like [name]Karina[/name], but it is kind of “eh” to me next to [name]Serena[/name] :wink:

[name]Just[/name] love [name]Serena[/name] with [name]Harrison[/name]!

Definately [name]Serena[/name]. It’s effortless pretty and goes well with [name]Harrison[/name].

[name]Karina[/name] is bland in comparison - I don’t like it because it’s too close to [name]Karen[/name], which I dislike, not big on the sound. [name]Eliana[/name] feels like it’s trying to hard to be pretty and falls short. [name]Serena[/name] is a classic beauty and not too common either, I adore it:)

The only name my husband ever has had a strong opinion for and has mentioned wanting to use for a girl is [name]Karina[/name]. It’s growing on me, and I think it’s nice with [name]Harrison[/name].

1st choice - [name]Karina[/name]
2nd - [name]Serena[/name]
3rd - [name]Eliana[/name]

[name]Eliana[/name] has been completely crossed off the list. I’m still back and forth between [name]Serena[/name] and [name]Karina[/name]. Although I have been listening to [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name]'s song “[name]Corrina[/name], [name]Corrina[/name]” and I’m sort of liking that as an alternative to [name]Karina[/name]. We could call her [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Rina[/name] for short.

[name]How[/name] do you think the name [name]Corrina[/name] compares with [name]Serena[/name] and [name]Karina[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you like it more, less?

[name]Hi[/name]!

I do like [name]Serena[/name]. It sounds glamorous and feminine yet strong. It has a lovely meaning and an elegant sound. Paired with a classic in the middle (e.g., [name]Serena[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]), it would be stunning.

[name]Karina[/name], to me, is a little harsh in appearance, but overall I like the name. [name]Corinna[/name] is fine, too. That’s [kor-rin-nah], right, as opposed to [name]Karina[/name] being [kah-ree-nah], yes? Honestly, my favorite is a combination of the two - [name]Carina[/name]. It’s soft and elegant like [name]Corinna[/name], but I prefer the [name]Rina[/name] [ree-nah] ending, myself…

(Plus, [name]Carina[/name] rhymes with [name]Serena[/name], a bit, so you must like that sound!)

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Here’s a BIG vote for [name]Karina[/name] from the three you listed. The other two are distant seconds for me.

As opposed to a previous poster, I find nothing at all frilly about [name]Karina[/name]. It sounds strong and feminine and independent, but not frilly or girly. I think it is a name that will grow well with your little girl.

And I love the song [name]Corinna[/name] [name]Corinna[/name]! Please don’t let that stop you. An absolutely classic blues song that has been reinterpreted over the years (but you should know that I am a huge [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] fan and you might not be!) Who wouldn’t want a song after them, esp. since it is not as popular a “song name” as [name]Lola[/name] or [name]Delilah[/name] would be!

I’m a huge [name]Dylan[/name] fan!! My husband and I are big music buffs. There are so many amazing musicians who have covered the song: Grateful Dead, Phish, Muddy Waters, etc. I like the idea of naming her after a beautiful song. If we were going to have another boy his name would have been [name]Jude[/name]!

So, we have officially decided to name our daughter [name]Corrina[/name] (Kor-reen-ah). Now on to the middle name…

What do you ladies think of [name]Corrina[/name] [name]Lee[/name]? [name]Lee[/name] is a family name and if possible I’d really like to honor a family member.

Other family names include: [name]Mary[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Jean[/name], [name]Hazel[/name]…

I know [name]Lee[/name] is unisex, but to me it’s a boys name, and also I think it’s the male equivalent of filler middle names like [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name] so I don’t love it, but the flow is nice.

By the way, for some reason, spelt [name]Corrina[/name] I love this name so much more than I like [name]Karina[/name]!! Funny that lol. And I love the song [name]Corrina[/name] [name]Corrina[/name], and the Whoopi Goldberg and [name]Ray[/name] Liotta film of the same name which is where I first heard the song as a little girl :slight_smile:

I think it’s probably because that spelling reminds me more of [name]Cora[/name] than [name]Karen[/name].

Anyway middles…you have some fantastic family names there to use! I guess it depends which name would mean most to you but my personal favourites are (in order):

[name]Corrina[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Corrina[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Corrina[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Corrina[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Corrina[/name] [name]June[/name]

I’m not keen on the flow of [name]Jean[/name] or [name]Anne[/name] with [name]Corrina[/name]. I’m also not sure about the flow of [name]June[/name] with it, it seems slightly hard to say when I say it out loud but that may just be me…that’s why I put it last but I do love the name [name]June[/name]! [name]Hope[/name] that helps :slight_smile:

[name]Corrina[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is so so beautiful…best of luck :slight_smile:

I love [name]Serena[/name]! [name]Karina[/name] is okay, but [name]Serena[/name] is beautiful!