Narrowed it down to 2 names...

I am being induced tomorrow with my third baby, a boy. It’s been a very long 9 months of trying to come up with a name. We thought we were all set to name him [name]Griffin[/name] a few weeks ago, but recently my husband wanted to revisit my original first choice, [name]Jasper[/name]. Now we are both completely stuck on the fence between the 2.

I think we both like [name]Jasper[/name] a bit better and feel like it goes with our other son’s name, [name]Maxfield[/name] (both famous artists) but we are a bit concerned about it being too “out there” for family and friends to accept. And we were recently tipped off about the character in Twilight with the name, so I wonder if it’s going to suddenly surge in popularity.

Any thoughts? I guess [name]Griffin[/name] seems like a safer choice to me, but I like [name]Jasper[/name] better. Should we take a leap and use it? We only have 2 days to decide!

I love [name]Jasper[/name]. If it weren’t the name of a city in my state, I would totally use it.

I love the name [name]Jasper[/name]! It has a lot of fun sounds, and I love names that end in “er”. It’s a nature name-a kind of quartz. Plus it’s so neat that it’s an artist’s name. [name]Say[/name] both [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] a whole bunch of times and see which one you like saying the most. You can write them a bunch of times, too.
I like [name]Griffin[/name], too, but I love [name]Jasper[/name] the most.

Another vote for [name]Jasper[/name]! [name]Maxfield[/name] is a fantastic [name]Max[/name]- name and because of [name]Parrish[/name], feels artsy without really trying. Japser feels rather artsy too and because of that, makes an awesome brother for [name]Maxfield[/name]. [name]Griffin[/name] feels surnamey and reminds me of “Family [name]Guy[/name]” becuase of that. Blah. [name]Jasper[/name] gets my enthusiastic vote!

[name]Jasper[/name]!!! Go with what you love most!

Thanks for all the encouragement! Ok, now we need a middle name. My husband’s name is [name]Paul[/name] and I like it for a middle name, but my husband is not so sure. Any other ideas? Our last name has 2 syllables, so I was thinking something with 1 or 3 or 4 syllables would be best. We don’t really have any other family names to use (we already used my dad’s name, [name]Alexander[/name], as my other son’s middle name). Thanks for any suggestions!

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Duke[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Ferdinand[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] - oooh! I just love this.
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Clive[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Brice[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name] - I love the name [name]Paul[/name]!

I like [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name]. Since your other son has a family name in the middle, I think it would be good for equality. And I agree that a non-two syllable name works best --to my mind, a simple one. I can understand why you were torn between [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name], which really are two pretty similar names. I like them both; I think I’d be torn too! But like you, I like [name]Jasper[/name] a bit better --though I think [name]Max[/name] and [name]Griff[/name] sound good together.

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name] sounds wonderful to me!

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name] is pretty “p” heavy, but if that doesn’t bother you, you should use it. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jasper[/name], and love it even more with [name]Maxfield[/name]. Plus, YOU love it more than [name]Griffin[/name], and that’s what matters most! :slight_smile:

Some more ideas for [name]Jasper[/name]:
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Elias[/name] (I love this!)
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] (I love this!)
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Phineas[/name]

Best wishes!

Yes, I think our only misgiving about using [name]Paul[/name] as a middle name is the double “p” sound. But as another poster said, since my other son has a family middle name, it would be nice for this baby to have one also. So now we are leaning full-tilt toward [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name]! A few more hours until I leave for the hospital…

Thanks everyone!

Best wishes! Be sure to let us know when he arrives. :slight_smile:

I love both [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name]. ([name]Griffin[/name] is the name of my cat and I somewhat regret not saving it for a baby now) I think [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name] sounds very handsome (Im married to a [name]Paul[/name] too) Best wishes for your new baby.

Absolutely love the name [name]Jasper[/name]. Go for it! I think that [name]Max[/name] and [name]Jaz[/name] would make the cutest sib-set ever - all the best!

Thanks everyone! [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name] was born on [name]Wednesday[/name]! He is beautiful and we have gotten so much positive feedback from friends and family on his name. Thanks for helping us decide!

Congratulations! [name]Welcome[/name] to the world, little [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name]. You have a very handsome name, and I’ve got to say that I just love the name [name]Paul[/name]. I love [name]Jasper[/name], too, but [name]Paul[/name] makes me feel weak in the knees!

Congrads!!!

[name]Welcome[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name] and congrats, mom & dad. He’s going to love growing into this name! :slight_smile:

Congrats mom & dad! [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name] is a fantastic choice, he’s going to love it! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on little [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Paul[/name]! :slight_smile: