Narrowed it down to 3, due in 2 weeks!

[name]Hi[/name] -
I think we’ve finally narrowed our names down to 3. The middle name will be [name]Amanda[/name], my grandma’s middle name. Our last name is 2 syllables, starts with L. Our 2 other children are [name]Ainsley[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]. Here are the final 3 choices we agree on:
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
Telleson (Telleson is my other grandmother’s maiden name - I’m having the hardest time with nicknames, any suggestions would be appreciated!)
Thanks!

Hmm, I think I like Telleson best! I like the family meaning, and it’s nice with your other children. I think Tellie would be a cute nickname. You could even use [name]Ellie[/name] if you wanted to.

My favourite hands down is [name]Tess[/name]. I know a variety of baby [name]Tess[/name]'s and older children named [name]Tess[/name] and it’s just adorable.

I also like Telleson with the Tellie nickname! very cute :slight_smile:

Oh, you could even use [name]Tess[/name] as a nickname for Telleson.

[name]Tess[/name] is my favourite here :slight_smile: [name]Bryn[/name] [name]Amanda[/name] sounds a little dated together, and Telleson reminds me a bit too much of television personally, but I could see it on a little girl!

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Amanda[/name] is lovely and flows well, and is grounded and feminine. I can see it aging well also.

As lyndsay mentioned, you could probably use [name]Tess[/name] as a nn for Telleson too!

Telleson sounds a lot like [name]Taliesin[/name] which is a Welsh name that means “shining brow”. I really love it. It was the name of two of [name]Frank[/name] [name]Lloyd[/name] [name]Wright[/name]'s residences, one in Wisconsin and the other in [name]Arizona[/name]. If I were you, I would name my little daughter either Telleson [name]Amanda[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Taliesin[/name] [name]Amanda[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name]. I do think [name]Taliesin[/name] is prettier than Telleson, and it is a real name. Telleson is very different though and the most cool thing of all is to name children after relatives, especially grandparents [name]IMO[/name]. But I think [name]Taliesin[/name] is so similar to Telleson, that it would be practically naming her Telleson. Telleson does sound a lot like Television. [name]Taliesin[/name] sounds like television, too, but it flows so nicely.

I like [name]Tess[/name]. Telleson is nice too, I guess, aeven more so if it has family significance, but it has “son” at the end. [name]How[/name] about Telleson as a second middle name? [name]Tess[/name] [name]Amanda[/name] Telleson?

great idea!

Thanks, everyone, for all your opinions! I also thought [name]Tess[/name] could be a nickname for Telleson, glad some of you agree! And I really like the name [name]Taliesin[/name], I could go with the nickname [name]Tallie[/name]/[name]Tally[/name], which is cute.

I’m open to more opinions/suggestions, this has been very helpful!

I vote for [name]Tess[/name]. I love the sentiment behind Telleson, but the [name]Telly[/name] nickname reminds me of [name]Telly[/name] Monster, the neurotic, worrying mess of a muppet on [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name]. :frowning:

Have you thought of updating [name]Amanda[/name] with [name]Amandine[/name]? I think [name]Tess[/name] [name]Amandine[/name] is gorgeous.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] to add to the confusion - what do you all think about the name Gracyn/Gracen/[name]Gracelyn[/name]? I really like [name]Grace[/name] but not the popularity, and I like [name]Grayson[/name] but don’t want her to be mistaken for a boy. Is it better than my other options? My husband is going to kill me, this is baby #3 and always in the last few weeks I change my mind about names I’ve liked the whole pregnancy!

In all honesty, Gracyn/Gracen/[name]Gracelyn[/name] are trendy, downmarket “invented” names that don’t have the class of the classic [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Grace[/name]. :frowning: The names you’ve listed are right in line with “made up” names like [name]Jacelyn[/name], [name]Jalyn[/name], [name]Kaelyn[/name], and [name]Braylyn[/name].

I think [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] are great, though! :slight_smile:

If you’d like something trendier to work with [name]Ainsley[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name], here are some more ideas (not all of them work with [name]Amanda[/name], but you may have some other middle name ideas):

[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Cambrie[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] (the ley ending is close to [name]Ainsley[/name], though)
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Macy[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Wynn[/name]

I think [name]Maeve[/name] would work well, too. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Oooh, definitely do not like Gracyn/Gracen. I second everything [name]Jill[/name] said about it. Absolutely not recommended. I like [name]Grayson[/name] for a boy, and [name]Grace[/name] for a girl.