Narrowing our list!!

We have narrowed it down to four names.
We’re determined that we’re going to decide by the end of the week so we can finish all [name]Mei[/name]-Ling’s paperwork on monday!

finally talked dh out of [name]Alexia[/name]… I’d like to thank whoever suggested [name]Anastasia[/name]… he fell in love with that name!! so [name]Alexia[/name] got replaced by [name]Anastasia[/name] on the list!!

I wanted to share a picture of our daughter for two reasons…
(1) You guys have been amazingly wonderful in helping with this decision, and i think it might help with the final decision if you all can tell us what name you think fits best.
(2) She’s so beautiful, i want to show her off!! blush what can i say… i’m proud!!

these are the ones we’ve narrowed it down to:
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling (nn [name]Lili[/name])
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling (nn [name]Tansy[/name])

once again… thanks so much for all your help!!

She’s absolutely gorgeous! Huge congratulations!

Honestly, she REALLY doesn’t look like a [name]Dahlia[/name] at all, or a [name]Daphne[/name] for that matter. Maybe it is something about the D names that don’t suite her. [name]Liliana[/name] is cute, and she does sort of look like a [name]Lili[/name] to me, actually, but not really a [name]Liliana[/name]. For [name]Anastasia[/name], while she sort of looks like an [name]Anastasia[/name] to me, she looks more like an [name]Annie[/name] (not a [name]Tansy[/name] at all!). This could just be because I once babysat a beautiful Korean girl named [name]Annie[/name] ([name]Anna[/name]) who looks very much like your daughter…

I just wanted to add that, while looking at your daughter, the names [name]Genevieve[/name] ([name]Genni[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name]), [name]Sarah[/name] ([name]Sari[/name]), and [name]Lucy[/name] came to me as names that really FIT her! I like that [name]Mei[/name]-Ling means beautiful and delicate, but I love that [name]Genevieve[/name] means woman of the people (she looks very confident and social), [name]Sarah[/name] means princess, and [name]Lucy[/name] means light - bright, cheery, happy meanings!

I’m assuming that you aren’t willing to reconsider names at this point, but these names look more HER to me than your other four choices…

Oh, I missed the initial conversation, but is [name]Mei[/name]-Ling her name given to her before adoption?

She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!
I would have said [name]Dahlia[/name]…
but looking at her, i’m going to have to go with [name]Anastasia[/name]…
It just fits!!

I think she looks like an [name]Anastasia[/name] :slight_smile: However I’m not sure about [name]Tansy[/name]. I think [name]Annie[/name] would be a way cuter nn for her :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!!
I think she’s possibly the prettiest little girl on the planet… maybe every mom feels that way about her daughter… but i think i’m on to something here… lol.

Yes, [name]Mei[/name]-Ling was the name that was given to her by her birth mom… this woman blessed me with a beautiful daughter, i wanted to do her the honor of allowing [name]Mei[/name]-Ling to keep the name she wanted her to have.

Oh, she’s precious! What a little sweetheart! :slight_smile: To me, she looks most like a [name]Dahlia[/name] or [name]Liliana[/name].

Best wishes! :slight_smile:

Well, her birth mother chose the perfect name to suite the perfect little girl, since [name]Mei[/name]-Ling means “beautiful and delicate.” There is no better way to describe her! The name [name]Camila[/name] means “perfect”, and [name]Mila[/name] (MEE-lah) would be a cute nickname! I’ll stop suggesting now. Good luck with her!

I love all the names on our list… but there is one that i just keep coming back to…
i keep thinking [name]Dahlia[/name]…
[name]Just[/name] something about her face… she looks like a little flower to me… the only reservations i have have about [name]Dahlia[/name] is the possible nn [name]Dolly[/name]. i REALLY dislike that name…
would [name]Leah[/name] work as a nn for [name]Dahlia[/name]?
She kind of looks like a little [name]Leah[/name] to me…

I think that [name]Lia[/name] (because of the [name]Dahlia[/name] spelling) would be a darling nickname, but I think that [name]Leah[/name] could work, too.

I, too, think she looks like a sweet little [name]Dahlia[/name], and her middle name, [name]Mei[/name]-Ling, reminds me of a garden for some reason. I think that [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling is amazing!!!

Whichever you choose, I wish you the best!

I think that [name]Lia[/name] (because of the [name]Dahlia[/name] spelling) would be a darling nickname, but I think that [name]Leah[/name] could work, too.

I, too, think she looks like a sweet little [name]Dahlia[/name], and her middle name, [name]Mei[/name]-Ling, reminds me of a garden for some reason. I think that [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling is amazing!!!

Whichever you choose, I wish you the best![/quote]

The more I think about it, the more she looks a bit like a [name]Dahlia[/name]. This name has a certain degree of flair, mischief, and spunk that the other lack, and I think that little twinkle in her eye - like she might be up to no good - is very much a [name]Dahlia[/name] twinkle! That being said, she really looks like a [name]Leah[/name], so I think the nickname [name]Lia[/name] would be perfect. No [name]Dolly[/name] for her! Best wishes. :slight_smile:

What a GORGEOUS child. Oh my goodness.

To me, she looks most like a [name]Lilliana[/name] (nn [name]Lili[/name]) or [name]Anastasia[/name]. But if you go with [name]Anastasia[/name], the nn [name]Tansy[/name] doesn’t work!!! As others have suggested, the nn [name]Annie[/name] suits her perfectly. She looks like an [name]Annie[/name].

Congratulations :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ooh. i hadn’t considered [name]Leah[/name] as a nn.
That fits even better than [name]Anastasia[/name]…
and i love how [name]Dahlia[/name] flows with her middle name:?
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling… it’s gorgeous…
i do agree with a previous poster that you should use [name]Lia[/name] instead of [name]Leah[/name] because of the spelling of [name]Dahlia[/name]… but either way works.
and once again:: Congrats on your beautiful daughter!!

Such a sweet face!!! She is a dahlia to me. I know two [name]Dahlia[/name]'s and it never occurred to me to give them a nickname especially not the nn dolly. [name]Dahlia[/name] is pretty short and doesnt need to be shortened.

wow, she is INCREDIBLY cute.

[name]Liliana[/name] is my favorite, but I also like [name]Anastasia[/name], and I think the nickname [name]Tansy[/name] is very creative–I’ve never heard that before!

Congratulations! She’s gorgeous. I am going to vote with [name]Dahlia[/name]/[name]Lia[/name] or [name]Anastasia[/name]/[name]Tansy[/name], both beautiful names and adorable nicknames.

i literally gasped out loud and said “Oh my God she’s GORGEOUS.” She is one of the most beautiful little girls I have seen in a loooong time. And I vote for [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling. I like the flow better than [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling. Congratulations on your new addition, you are truly blessed.

She is absolutely beautiful!
If it were me, I would keep her given name of [name]Mei[/name] Ling and add a middle name of your choosing.
[name]Mei[/name]-Ling is beautiful and it suits her (I could particularly see her going by the shortened [name]Mei[/name]).

I know this isn’t on your list, but in her picture she has that sweetness combined with a touch of mischeviousness that just screams [name]Violet[/name] to me.

She is beautiful, and looks like a sweetheart… congratulations!!! My vote goes for [name]Dahlia[/name], it seems to really suit her (and I agree that [name]Lia[/name] is a lovely nn) All best! :smiley:

I also just like [name]Mei[/name]-Ling, it really suits her and is beautiful. Otherwise I’d go with [name]Liliana[/name]!!! [name]Dahlia[/name] is not good.

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I like the name [name]Anastasia[/name]! I also like [name]Alexia[/name]. My daughter’s name is [name]Alexandra[/name]. Have you considered [name]Alexandra[/name]?