Nature surname name for male character

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!
I was looking for a name for a male character. He’s a toddler but will continue growing throughout the story.

The family is composed of mother [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] (nee Muse), dad [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] McKinnon, and big brothers [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_u]Adair[/name_u] and [name_m]Wells[/name_m], and twin sister [name_u]Larkin[/name_u].
As they live near forests and mountains, and the dad is cool, layback, likes risky sports, but the mom is more traditional, I intend to have a sibset of nature names but without them being too obvious or hippyish.

I can’t think of another name for this boy. I was thinking of [name_u]Cove[/name_u] but I’m not convinced. I also like [name_u]Holden[/name_u], but find it a bit close to [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] (dad’s name). I’d also like to have a 1 syllable name so that [name_m]Wells[/name_m] isn’t the odd one out.

I’m open to suggestions! :relaxed:

If you like Cove, you might also like Koven :relaxed:
One Syllable Nature Surnames
Brooks
Hayes
Miles
Reed
Cliff
Lake
One-Syllable Nature Names
Ash
Jay
Wren
Bay
Blaze
Bear
Sage
Wolf
Fox
Kai
Clay
Dune
1+ Syllable Nature Names
River
Roan or Rowen (pronounced row-in)
Ferris
Oakley
Finley
Onyx
Briar
Atlas
Everest
Hunter

2 Likes

How about [name_u]Beck[/name_u]?

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions!! I like Beck, but find it similar to Wells in that the E is the only vowel (I know I’m being obsessive lol). I really liked Cliff, Oakley and Clay. I also stumbled upon the name Shaw, which means “dweller by the wood” and thought it might match this family. But now I’m torn :woman_shrugging: So I’m adding a poll.

Hudson and Savannah (parents), siblings Forrest (b), Wells (b), Adair (b), Larkin (twin, g) and (b)…

• Clay
  • Cliff
  • Shaw
  • Oakley

0 voters

Thanks for the help!

1 Like