Nebula, for a boy

What are your thoughts on [name_u]Nebula[/name_u] as the name? Alternatives?

2 Likes

I LOVE it and may have to add it to my list if you don’t mind. Some astronomical names on my boy list are [name_u]Skye[/name_u], [name_u]Aquila[/name_u], [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_m]Astrophel[/name_m]. I did consider [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] too but added that to my girl list. [name_u]Nova[/name_u] is on my girl list but could be unisex.

2 Likes

If you’re naming a video game character, sure. If you’re naming an actual human person who’s going to grow up and want to have a career, hard pass.

1 Like

So, do you have any ideas for alternatives with similar sound and uniqueness, but that are bit more wearable?

I love [name_u]Nebula[/name_u], and absolutely think it can work on a boy! I currently have [name_u]Nova[/name_u] on my list. I think space names are popular right now, and [name_u]Nebula[/name_u] could fit right in.
Of course, if you’re still hesitant, it would make a cool middle!!

2 Likes

I’d say fine for a middle, not so much for a first.

1 Like

Honestly, I can see it working just fine.

2 Likes

Thank you… I can too see it working fine.

1 Like

I don’t think [name_u]Nebula[/name_u] works for a real person.

1 Like

Nebula is more feminine to me.

1 Like

It sounds a little more feminine to me too but Neb sounds masculine. Nebulon? Like [name_m]Zebulon[/name_m].

Nebula’s on my girl list, I can’t imagine it on a boy.

I dont like it for a first name either! Middle name is fine I think, but im not really sure.

I suggest [name_m]Nevio[/name_m]!

I think it’s great! Reminds me of [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m] :smiley:

I think the nickname Neb does sound a lot like [name_m]Ned[/name_m] and makes the name seem more usable.

I think it’s definitely wearable. Neb is an easy nn

not really sure of alternatives besides Nebulon, which might read more masculine