Need advice for a middle name...

My husband and I are adopting and our baby will arrive in roughly 7 months. We have picked a girl name ([name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Neveah[/name_f] Kirkland) and if it is a boy We have picked [name_m]Liam[/name_m], we are looking for a middle name and have 2 that we like. I love unique names but not something that is to hard to pronounce or can easily be mis-pronounced considering [name_m]Liam[/name_m] can be. We are engineers and I would love a middle name that comes from a engineer, scientist or architect but haven’t discovered anything that fits. I will list the names we like so far but would appreciate any suggestions, thank you to all who post. :grin:

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_f]Rayne[/name_f] Kirkland
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] Kirkland

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Kirkland, we fear this would be to long considering the syllables that the middle and last name will have.

I like [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] best. I don’t think it has too many syllables. The whole name actually has as many syllables as my name, haha, and I’ve never had any issue with the number of syllables.

I agree with the first responder. [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is a fine choice, and definately not too long. It is really only one syllable more than yoru girl choice.

Some suggestions:
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] Kirkland ([name_m]Wright[/name_m] Brothers)
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Anders[/name_m] Kirkland (Swedish physicist [name_m]Anders[/name_m] Angstrom)
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] Kirkland (Scientist [name_u]Francis[/name_u] Bacon)
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Gregor[/name_m] Kirkland ([name_m]Gregor[/name_m] [name_m]Mendel[/name_m]!)
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Alan[/name_m] Kirkland ([name_m]Alan[/name_m] Turing, British mathmetician and scientist)
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Heron[/name_m] Kirkland ([name_m]Heron[/name_m] was a 1st century Greek inventor)

hope those helps!

I like [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_f]Rayne[/name_f] or [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] best (there are tons of scientists and engineers that could be honored by [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] too). The [name_u]Carter[/name_u] Kirkland combination has a little too much “K” sound for me. I like the suggestion of [name_m]Wright[/name_m] for a mn-- it could be for the [name_m]Wright[/name_m] brothers and [name_m]Frank[/name_m] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] too. Some other possibilities:

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Bessemer
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Faraday
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Gehry[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Gilbreth
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Huxley[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Latrobe
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Pasteur
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Smeaton
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_f]Tesla[/name_f]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Watt[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Weinberg
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Whipple

Arial[/name_u] [name_m]Black[/name_m]]Thank you to all that responded and thanks for all of your great advice. I initially suggested [name_m]Wright[/name_m] because [name_m]Frank[/name_m] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] is such an influential architect in the design process of my work along with the fact that I appreciate his work so much, but my husband hates it. I think we are going with [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Kirkland. We originally decided on [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_f]Rayne[/name_f] but I didn’t want future employers, colleges and teachers to judge him on his name being to hippy. Unfortunately you have to take that into consideration when naming your child in today’s very competitive world. I really love [name_f]Tesla[/name_f] because well I am an electrical engineer and I remember growing up and reading everything I could get my hands on that even mentioned his name, but my husband hates that also. I would rather pick something both of us agree on then something that has to grow on him or he not be ultimately satisfied with. Again thank you all, there were a lot of suggestions given that I didn’t consider. I will be printing this tread out so in case we fall out of love I will have this to reference. :D;)

I really didn’t think of it that way but your 100% right! That’s why when I say them together (boy and girl names) they sound so smooth. Whew, you really made it an easier choice along with everyone else reassurance