Need another sapling outdoorsy nature name!

Aloha!

My two saplings are my 4 yo boy [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], named after [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] [name_u]Grove[/name_u] in Kings [name_u]Canyon[/name_u] National [name_m]Park[/name_m] and my 2 yo daughter [name_f]Maple[/name_f] named for the nostalgic beautiful trees and times of my childhood … I liked the simple, vintage sound of it too. There’s a great poem by [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] about a girl named [name_f]Maple[/name_f] too.

We have a boy due in [name_u]March[/name_u]… trying to find a name that fits with those two. It doesn’t have to be a tree but needs to at least be nature , outdoorsy leaning . I love kinda simple not too common.

We live in [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m] and thinking of names that maybe give a nod to local environment? [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] (palm trees)? [name_m]Hurley[/name_m] (little tide)?

Mahalo for any help!!!

[name_u]Casey[/name_u]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Cove[/name_m]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u] (You’re surrounded by the ocean)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] (Means “ocean”)
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] (First found in [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m])
[name_u]Sky[/name_u]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_u]Cedar[/name_u] & [name_f]Maple[/name_f] are pretty cute. I like [name_m]Hurley[/name_m] a lot w/your crew & the nod to [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m]. [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] isn’t bad, but it doesn’t seem as obviously a nature name as the others.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about…

[name_m]Arrow[/name_m]

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

[name_m]Basil[/name_m]

[name_m]Cove[/name_m]

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]

[name_u]Kai[/name_u]

[name_m]Koa[/name_m]

[name_m]Leif[/name_m]…[name_u]Leaf[/name_u]?

[name_u]River[/name_u]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

Wilde

[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love, love [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] and it goes well with [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] and [name_f]Maple[/name_f]. I also like the nod to [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] is an excellent choice, it’s a subtle nod to the nature of [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m] and the meaning of a pilgrim or traveller seems very adventurous and leans into the outdoorsy theme.

Some more tree ideas
[name_u]Linden[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this with [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] and [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
Alder
[name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]/[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_m]Banyan[/name_m]

And some non-tree ideas
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_m]Fisher[/name_m]
[name_m]Cove[/name_m]
Lupin
[name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]

I think [name_m]Hurley[/name_m], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], & [name_u]Kai[/name_u] are great ideas

What about Ridge?

Other suggestions

[name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_f]Maple[/name_f], & ________:

[name_u]Aspen[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u] “[name_m]Penn[/name_m]”
[name_u]Ash[/name_u] [name_u]Kalani[/name_u]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u] Kaleo “[name_m]Bear[/name_m]”
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Oren[/name_m]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]
[name_u]Dune[/name_u]
[name_m]Burl[/name_m]
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
[name_m]Euan[/name_m]
[name_m]Talon[/name_m]
[name_m]Quill[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Forest[/name_m]
[name_m]Grover[/name_m]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] “[name_m]Hawk[/name_m]”
[name_m]Koa[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] “[name_u]Mars[/name_u]”
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]”
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
Alder
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]
[name_m]Danner[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_m]Salix[/name_m]

I see [name_m]Koa[/name_m] has already been said twice, so consider this another vote for [name_m]Koa[/name_m]! It seems perfect for you; it’s another type of tree/nature name, and it’s a tree native to [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m]! [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_f]Maple[/name_f], and [name_m]Koa[/name_m] make such an adorable sibset!

There’s also [name_m]Milo[/name_m], Oleander, and Taro - all types of plants that grow in [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m].
I also like the suggestions of [name_m]Cove[/name_m] and [name_u]Kai[/name_u]!

I really like [name_u]Oak[/name_u] or [name_u]Grove[/name_u]!

I think [name_m]Palmer[/name_m], [name_m]Koa[/name_m], and [name_m]Banyan[/name_m] would be great options for you.

Other suggestions and I apologize for repeats…
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
[name_m]Birch[/name_m]
Taro
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_m]Reef[/name_m]

[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_u]Spruce[/name_u]
[name_u]Elm[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_u]Glenn[/name_u]
[name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_m]Flint[/name_m]
[name_m]Woodrow[/name_m]

[name_m]Cove[/name_m] comes to mind!

[name_m]Palmer[/name_m] is a gorgeous and subtle matching choice!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] all these suggestions and comments !!! Mahalo!!!:smiley:

I have been so interested in Koa since we are surrounded by them and my favorite tree but my husband thinks we are too Haole!

[name_f]Maple[/name_f] and [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] are such gorgeous names! I think [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Bay[/name_u] & [name_m]Cove[/name_m] from the above are gorgeous, but got a few more for you.

[name_m]Sol[/name_m] - A little old fashioned sounding like [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_u]Ash[/name_u] - Like [name_u]Ash[/name_u] tree
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] - Some think of more of a girls name, but is also used for guys, Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f] anyone?
Riven - Like [name_u]River[/name_u]

Especially loving [name_m]Palmer[/name_m], [name_m]Banyan[/name_m], [name_u]Dune[/name_u], [name_m]Cove[/name_m], [name_u]Bay[/name_u], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] (or [name_f]Arbor[/name_f]?), [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] and [name_m]Calix[/name_m] for you, from the suggestions so far.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about Akepa or [name_m]Miller[/name_m], for the native Hawaiian birds?

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] also springs to mind as having that effortlessly cool, laid-back, surfer style that I associate with [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m] (and the name [name_m]Koa[/name_m]).

Perhaps [name_m]Ridge[/name_m]?

I love [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] with [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] & [name_f]Maple[/name_f].

[name_m]Koa[/name_m] would be my vote as well, though I do love [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] as well.

I can’t say I’m a fan of [name_m]Hurley[/name_m] or [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] but I love [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], Taro, [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Fox[/name_m], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] or [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] for you. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_m]Fox[/name_m], Taro and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] are probably my favourites with your kids’ names. [name_u]Cedar[/name_u] and [name_f]Maple[/name_f] are great BTW!

I really like a lot of the names that have already been suggested! I also thought of [name_u]Brook[/name_u] or [name_m]Brooks[/name_m], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_u]Ray[/name_u].