Need feedback on my girls list

Hey, [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are still TTC our first child. We had a girl frontrunner for a while but now were starting to feel all over the place with girl names and I need some feedback. For boys we feel pretty confident in [name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Craig[/name_m], though there is a chance it could be [name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Eugene[/name_m].

DH has recently expressed interest in [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I do love it but it feels sort of popular to me, I know 2 in real life under the age of 5.

Eleanor has been on my list for a while, but I’ve also came across [name_f]Annora[/name_f] recently and is really starting to grow on me as a good alternative. I’ve had [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] on my list for years, yet [name_f]Annora[/name_f] seems to be outshining it recently.

Seraphina is still high on the list too. Its the name of our wedding package and has such elegance and a fierceness about it.

What is your opinion on [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Annora[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]? Middle names we would like to be honor names to honor [name_f]Ann[/name_f], [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] or [name_u]Louise[/name_u] but we are open to others as well. I’ve even toyed with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], but I don’t know if I want to use all my favorites in one combo as we may never agree on something for a second daughter then.

Thank you,

Seraphina and [name_f]Annora[/name_f] are delightful!

4 Likes

I really like [name_f]Annora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]! [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is definitely not a name I like, and I agree about [name_f]Nora[/name_f]’s popularity. With the very traditional sounding middles, I’d go with [name_f]Annora[/name_f] to offset it!

1 Like

I like Annora and Seraphina for you! Nora does seem popular compared to the other names you like, though it could work if that’s truly what you love! I do agree though you may not want to use both in one combo if you think there’s a strong possibility you’ll have another daughter. Taking into account the possibility you’ll have at least three children (I don’t know how many you want) Annora, Seraphina, and Roland are a lovely sibset.

Maybe Eleanora could be another way to get to Nora? Honora, Lenora/Lionora/Leonora or even Lenore, or Enora could also go along well with Seraphina and Roland in a sibset and could all lead to Nora!

Combo ideas:
Seraphina Lynn
Annora Louise
Seraphina Louise
Eleanora Lynn
Honora Louise

Ann doesn’t flow the best with any of the names on your list, but maybe Annora could honor Ann?

My top choice for you would be either Seraphina or Annora/one of the names you can shorten to Nora!

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Annora[/name_f]. If you use [name_f]Annora[/name_f] you could use [name_f]Nora[/name_f] as a nickname and honor the name [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. If you use [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] you could be honoring the name [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] through pronunciation.

3 Likes

Annora sounds lovely. Also seems a nice way to honor someone called [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] seems to have a nice flow too with also honoring two people you want too.
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] would match nicely with it for another girl if you have more than one girl and [name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Eugene[/name_m] would go nicely as a brother too.

1 Like

Nora–I really love this. It’s simple, sweet, strong, and has a lovely meaning. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] would be such a great combo. The popularity doesn’t deter me personally, but I understand if it puts you off.

Annora–I’ve never really considered this before, but it’s very pretty! It feels distinctive but not too out-there. I like that you’d get to use [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and also incorporate an honor name. [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] or [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] would be great combos. Of your list, I think this would make the most natural sister for [name_m]Roland[/name_m].

Eleanor–One of my favorites. It’s beautiful, strong, and comes with a plethora of delightful nicknames (although I love it in full so much that I’d be tempted to forgo shortening it!). [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] would be lovely. One thing to note–I’m not sure where you are, but in the U.S. at least, [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are roughly equal in popularity.

Seraphina–Beautiful, and, I agree with you, elegant and fierce. It’s not to my personal taste–it feels a little too elaborate for my liking–but I can totally appreciate the appeal. [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] would be my pick of combos, though it could work with any of your middles.

Setting aside my personal favorites, I think my pick for you would be [name_f]Annora[/name_f]. It’s a name you love and an honor name (pretty much the jackpot!); it’s not common, which seems like it’s a fairly important criteria for you; and it sounds great in a sibset with [name_m]Roland[/name_m]. I think it would make a really lovely choice overall!

1 Like

My best friend’s favorite girl name is [name_f]Norah[/name_f] but her DH prefers [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I love both of them!

I love the name Jinora, so perhaps you could consider that one!

Combinations that I love:
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
Jinora [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
Jinora [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Annora[/name_f] is absolutely stunning! Uncommon, yet easy to say and spell! [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] gets my vote whole heartedly!

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. We thought about [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] as well but my husband thought it was made up. He he super picky so the fact he has a positive opinion on any name was a momentous moment to begin with, lol.

Before [name_f]Annora[/name_f]/Nora started becoming a top contestant, we had [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] as our top combo to ‘honor’ [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] (though I know its a stretch)

3 Likes

I didn’t even think that [name_f]Annora[/name_f] could honor [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. Thank you!

Thank you for all the suggestions and opinions. I appreciate it. I’ve been really liking [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] as well. That combo will honor both my side with [name_f]Ann[/name_f] (which I didn’t even think about so thank you for the obvious suggestion) and [name_u]Louise[/name_u] honors my husbands side. It is seeming like more of a perfect fit.

As much as I wish popularity didn’t play such as big factor, we have a super common last name. There are other family’s in our town with the same last name and I don’t want my children to have the exact same name as their classmates.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard [name_f]Annora[/name_f]! [name_m]How[/name_m] unique! I love it

[name_f]Annora[/name_f] is my favorite! I love the sound of [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. You might also like [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] and Eloise.

2 Likes

Seraphina [name_f]Anise[/name_f] would be beautiful and honor [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_u]Louise[/name_u]!

Aurora has always been very vowel-y and a bit weird to say for me, but nevertheless beautiful. [name_f]Annora[/name_f] is cool, just not for me. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is sweet!

Roland & [name_f]Annora[/name_f] would be amazing siblings!

1 Like

I’ve recently been liking [name_f]Annora[/name_f] a lot. Easy to say and spell. Uncommon but accessible. I think you’ve hit the jackpot! [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] would be my combo vote. Good luck!

1 Like

I just wanted to throw my support behind [name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. I love the fit with your boy option, the honours on both sides of the family and its low-key popularity. It’s a keeper!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Nora[/name_f] - it’s sensitive sounding yet strong. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is gorgeous.

I do like [name_f]Nora[/name_f], they will probably have to share their name with at least one classmate though. If you choose [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] or [name_f]Annora[/name_f], you can call her [name_f]Nora[/name_f] for short. [name_f]Annora[/name_f] can also honor [name_f]Ann[/name_f].