Need Help! Daughter due in a month and can't decide between four names.

We are having our first child - a girl - in a month and are stuck between four different names. Any thoughts would be extremely helpful. We are deciding between the following names:

(1) [name]Charlotte[/name] Altschuler

(2) [name]Emma[/name] Altschuler

(3) [name]Molly[/name] Altschuler

(4) [name]Olivia[/name] Altschuler

1. [name]Charlotte[/name] is lovely and sounds very nice with your last name, 2-3 rhythm. French first name with a [name]German[/name] last name, so very continental. Nicknames might be [name]Char[/name]/[name]Shar[/name], [name]Charlie[/name]/[name]Sharlie[/name], [name]Lottie[/name], [name]Lola[/name]. Obviously you can control nicknames to some extent but maybe not completely. [name]Do[/name] you like or hate any of those? That might help you weigh in or out of favor. I like how the sh, l, and t sounds in both names connect.

2. [name]Emma[/name] is a very pretty name. With your last name the whole name feels very [name]German[/name], which you might or might not like. 2-3 rhythm. The a’s bump against each other very mildly. I don’t think it matters but if you’re looking for the littlest things to help you decide this might push you in favor of [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Molly[/name]. [name]Em[/name] or [name]Emmy[/name] might be nicknames, how do you feel about those?

3. [name]Molly[/name] is a very cute name. It ages well but maybe not as well as the other three? In my accent at least the oll in [name]Molly[/name] and the [name]Al[/name] in Altschuler are a little rhyme-y. Still, the 2-3 rhythm is good, the flow from the y to the a is good, it all works. Irish-ish first with a [name]German[/name] last, great if you have both heritages, maybe a little disconcerting if not? But again, an extremely nit-picky thing, nothing huge. Hard to get nns with this, maybe [name]Moll[/name]? That might be a plus if you don’t like nicknames.

4. [name]Olivia[/name] is a gorgeous name that is one of the top 3 in the country right now. The 4-3 rhythm makes it feel mildly long, and the a’s bump a little bit. Between the popularity and the length and rhythm, this would be my first to go off the list if I were in your shoes, but I understand if you feel differently. Nicknames [name]Liv[/name] and [name]Livvy[/name] are likely, do you like those?

In the end my ranking of them is actually the same as your order : D. They’re all lovely so I can see why its hard. You’ll get there though! Good luck!

(1) [name]Charlotte[/name] Altschuler- I love [name]Charlie[/name] for a nickname, but [name]Charlotte[/name] itself has a stiff feel to me.
(2) [name]Emma[/name] Altschuler- This one isn’t for me…all of the [name]Em[/name]- names never really grew on me and now they’re all so popular.
(3) [name]Molly[/name] Altschuler- [name]Molly[/name] is such a sweet name. I really like this one. I like it was a nn for [name]Mary[/name] too.
(4) [name]Olivia[/name] Altschuler- this one is my favorite!!!

I really like all your options! [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Emma[/name], and [name]Olivia[/name] are so classically beautiful, and even though they’re popular now they feel pretty timeless to me. I think [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] sound better with Altschuler than [name]Charlotte[/name] (mainly because of the heavy, repeated “sh” sounds), but I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them. [name]Molly[/name] is really cute but it feels a bit too cutesy on its own for me–I think something like [name]Mary[/name] Altschuler or [name]Amalia[/name] Altschuler, nn [name]Molly[/name], would be really cute, though.

As they are, [name]Olivia[/name] gets my vote, but I really like [name]Charlotte[/name], too.

Good luck!

I love [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Love[/name] that name! I like [name]Olivia[/name], but my daughter’s name is Aliviah :slight_smile:
[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] are nice too.

I like [name]Charlotte[/name] the most out of these names. [name]Olivia[/name] is too popular for me, [name]Molly[/name] is childish to me, [name]Emma[/name] has bad personal associations to an awful little girl.

I like [name]Molly[/name] the best, but they are all great names!

I would pick [name]Charlotte[/name] personally. I don’t think it matters so much that you haven’t picked between the four names. It’s probably good to go into the delivery room with a couple of names just incase she comes out and looks more like a [name]Charlotte[/name] than a [name]Molly[/name] or visa versa.

(1) [name]Charlotte[/name] Altschuler - these sound good together, but in my personal opinion [name]Charlotte[/name] is getting old and boring
(2) [name]Emma[/name] Altschuler - [name]Emma[/name], on the other hand, might be getting super popular, but it still has its spark (again, just my opinion)
(3) [name]Molly[/name] Altschuler - I think [name]Molly[/name] is cute and spunky, I really like it
(4) [name]Olivia[/name] Altschuler - I see the appeal, but it is just way too popular for me, but I also don’t like it with the surname
I think [name]Molly[/name] or [name]Emma[/name] would be the way to go =)

I like [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] the best with your last name. If you like alliteration, [name]Charlotte[/name] has a couple similar sounds in common with your last name but then again it could be a mouth full. [name]Emma[/name] is sweet and balances out your last name well and sounds like it works more with a [name]German[/name] last name than [name]Molly[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name]. I vote for [name]EMMA[/name] :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Charlotte[/name] as long as her nn isn’t [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Lottie[/name] is sweet although I favor the full name. [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] are okay but overused, hate [name]Molly[/name].

Same here. Hate hearing a pretty little girl called the boys name [name]Charlie[/name]. [name]Lottie[/name] is a sweet nn or you could even go with [name]Letty[/name]/[name]Lettie[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] is one of my favorite names but I like all the ones you listed though I wouldn’t use any of them except possibly [name]Charlotte[/name] (family name) due to their popularity.

It’s just got to be [name]Molly[/name] for me! Adorable, pretty, vintage, ages well, and not as overused as the other 3. Good luck :slight_smile:

I like [name]Charlotte[/name] the most. but personally I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Emma[/name] Altschuler would make a really nice combo. so, what aout combine it as fn and mn?

Another vote for [name]Molly[/name]!!

They are all lovely names, so no matter your decision, your little one’s going to have a great name. Personally, I like [name]Charlotte[/name] best (I like the potential for calling her [name]Charlie[/name]) and my least favourite would have to be [name]Molly[/name].

I like your choices it is hard to decide which one would be the best.

Taking your surname into consideration.

[name]Charlotte[/name] Altschuler this combo really ticks all the boxes and I think with your Dutch or [name]German[/name] sounding surname that the nn of [name]Lotte[/name] would be fabulous. ie [name]Lotte[/name] Altschuler it reminds me of [name]Molly[/name] but it is a better fit I think.

[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] have the ‘a’ ending and your surname has the 'er; ending but sounds like ‘a’, not a biggie but just something to consider.

I like [name]Liv[/name] Altschuler it fits well and [name]Olivia[/name] is a very glamorous name, so I like the combo of [name]Olivia[/name] Altschuler but not 100% sure on account of the similar endings.

[name]Emma[/name] has the same problems as [name]Olivia[/name] it would fit but there are so many Emmas that it is a little boring for me.

To sum up I think [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] are the best fit and while my favourite is [name]Olivia[/name] I think with your surname [name]Charlotte[/name] is the best choice.

rollo

[name]Charlotte[/name] would be my pick. [name]Every[/name] other child I meet is named [name]Emma[/name]. I do really love [name]Molly[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] as well. For me, It would be [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Molly[/name].

I like [name]Charlotte[/name] best with your last name. I would pick [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] Altschuler… same syllables as my name!

[name]Olivia[/name] gets my vote :slight_smile: