Need help deciding between these 2 names......

My sons name is [name]Brooks[/name] [name]Scott[/name] and my daughter is [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and I am going to have #3 in [name]July[/name], I like the uncommon names and we have [name]Kash[/name] [name]Leonard[/name] picked out for a boy, I need help with the girl name…[name]Scout[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Joss[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Feel[/name] free to say if you dont like either, I want real honest opinions…thanks so much.

NORMALLY, I would prefer [name]Joss[/name], but I don’t think it goes very well with your other children’s names, and I feel like [name]Joss[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is missing something. Joscelin [name]Elizabeth[/name] would be better.

Therefore, I vote [name]Scout[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]!
And just out of curiosity… why [name]Kash[/name] with a K? I would much prefer [name]Cash[/name] spelt the normal way. [name]Just[/name] wondering!

I think [name]Scout[/name] is really sweet, and it pairs well with the more classic, feminine [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I am not normally a fan of more masculine names on girls, but To Kill a Mockingbird means that I can definitely see it on a girl.

Good luck!

We picked [name]Kash[/name] with a “K” because my husband didnt want any correlation with our sons name and “money”…I know, seems weird to me too, hahaha. And I loved the name so much that I was willing to use a “K” with it. We both are [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Cash[/name] fans so it seems only normal to use is with a “C” right? I have a few more months to convince him. Thanks for the help ladies.

I like [name]Joss[/name]. I had never considered it before on a girl, but now that I do, O could see it pretty easily. I’ll go with [name]Joss[/name] over [name]Scout[/name]. Good luck!

I think [name]Scout[/name] is too similar to [name]Scott[/name].

I think [name]Scout[/name] fits best with [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name].

I love [name]Scout[/name] and think it goes so well with [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name]. It definitely gets my vote!

[name]Scout[/name] to me seems too…too…not trendy, because it is not common, but too celebrity oriented I guess. I automatically think of [name]Demi[/name] [name]Moore[/name]'s daughter. Same as if someone named their daughter [name]Rumer[/name].

I went to school in Europe where [name]Joss[/name] is a strictly male name, short for [name]Jocelyn[/name], so I have never considered it for a girl. Given [name]Scout[/name] or [name]Joss[/name] though, I’d name the girl [name]Jocelyn[/name] and call her [name]Joss[/name].

My two cents on [name]Kash[/name] with a K - it is creative, but simply changing the letter doesn’t take away the association with money… [name]Kash[/name] is [name]Cash[/name] is $$$ when someone hears it. If you love the name though, who cares?! Go with it!

I like [name]Leonard[/name] [name]Cash[/name] better than [name]Kash[/name] [name]Leonard[/name] but as for girls I don’t like either [name]Scout[/name] or [name]Joss[/name] as first names. [name]Scout[/name] is the name of my cousin’s dog so I have a hard time picturing it on a girl.

Hey! Here’s another vote for [name]Scout[/name] with [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name]. (Then again, [name]Joss[/name] seems softer, which fits with the peaceful [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name]. Hmm…)

I think that other soft-sounding surnames/modern names like [name]Arden[/name], [name]Auden[/name], [name]Linden[/name], etc., would work really well with [name]Brooks[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Cash[/name] spelt this way and I like [name]Leo[/name] [name]Cash[/name] too.

I think that [name]Jocelyn[/name] is a really sweet name and the nn of [name]Joss[/name] comes naturally.

[name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Jocelyn[/name] pair up well imo. I think that while [name]Scout[/name] is cute it seems a bit too short paired with [name]Hadley[/name].

I went to school in Europe where [name]Joss[/name] is a strictly male name, short for [name]Jocelyn[/name], so I have never considered it for a girl. Given [name]Scout[/name] or [name]Joss[/name] though, I’d name the girl [name]Jocelyn[/name] and call her [name]Joss[/name].
In [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name], [name]Jocelyn[/name] is all girl now.

I really don’t like [name]Joss[/name], probably because I’m tired of fans of [name]Joss[/name] Whedon.

If I think about it, all the new names ([name]Kash[/name], [name]Scout[/name], [name]Joss[/name]) are sharper or harder names than [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name]. I can’t use that as a deciding factor. Incidentally, I would’ve figured [name]Brooks[/name] for a girl, not that I think it’s unusable on a boy.

In this situation, I would say [name]Scout[/name].

And if you’re concerned about popularity, I’d reconsider [name]Kash[/name]. [name]Cash[/name] is one of the fastest-rising names, and spelling it differently doesn’t distinguish it when spoken.