Need help finding a boy name that goes with Tristan

I have a 5yo son named [name]Tristan[/name] Keller and just found out yesterday that I will have another boy in [name]March[/name] 2013. Once again, I seriously thought I was having a girl, but was proved wrong by the ultrasound. I had only been thinking about girl names and purple butterflies. My boyfriend and I have similar ideas about naming boy #2 but have only been able to start making lists of names and types of names we [name]DON[/name]'T like. I would like a 2 syllable name that sounds good with [name]Tristan[/name], isn’t excessively popular, similar origin (Gaelic, Celtic, Welsh, Irish, Scottish), normal spelling and please NO bible names. So far the only name I’ve come across I didn’t completely hate is [name]Wyatt[/name], but I’m not sold on this. We are also trying to avoid repeating family names, as I was already pushed into my older sons middle name by my mom. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You!!!

~Destined to swim in a sea of testosterone…~

Congrats on your son! What’s your baby’s last name going to be like?

Some thoughts:

[name]Callan[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Wallace[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Glyn[/name]
[name]Griffith[/name]
[name]Merrill[/name]
[name]Pryce[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
Alpin
[name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Conall[/name]
[name]Finlay[/name]
[name]Fraser[/name]

[name]Tristan[/name] and…

[name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Corbin[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Brighton[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name]

[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Malachy[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] - I don’t think [name]Rhys[/name] is too bad a spelling?
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] - I did like [name]Gareth[/name] mentioned above as an Arthurian name, but I also think [name]Arthur[/name] itself could work well.
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] and Hywel

Not sure these are your style but i’ve always dreamt of having twin boys
[name]Prosper[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name]

alternatives to [name]Prosper[/name] being
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name]
[name]Erich[/name]

LOL, I love your signiture.
[name]How[/name] about…
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]

I second [name]Cormac[/name] from the poster above.

Based on your criteria, I would like to suggest:
[name]Lachlan[/name] nn [name]Lock[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]

Based on names I just like with [name]Tristan[/name]:
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]

Wow, I find [name]Tristan[/name] Kellar stunning.
[name]Cael[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Madden[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]

Have any other names caught your eye yet? Well…I hope you find a name you love.

Look through the names of the knights of the round table for some inspiration. [name]Gareth[/name] has always been my favorite. [name]Tristan[/name] isn’t the first knight you think of when you think of the Arthurian [name]Legend[/name], so I don’t think it’s too cutesy.

[name]Gawain[/name] ([name]Gavain[/name], [name]Gavin[/name]), [name]Lance[/name], [name]Lionel[/name], [name]Owain[/name] ([name]Owen[/name], [name]Eoin[/name]).

Thank you! Keller is a family surname from several generations back and I had planned on using that as a middle name to “[name]Trinity[/name]” if I had ever been lucky enough to have a girl. However, once I found out I was having a boy, my mom started leaning on me to honor my Grandfather because he was the last male born with our last name. Not that I wouldn’t do anything for my Grandpa, though he passed away in 1999, but I LOVED the name [name]Tristan[/name] and in this day and age, I was afraid that the name [name]Rudolph[/name] would bring nothing but teasing as the child grew.
I like the names [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Morgan[/name] so far, but I’m not ready to settle on a name quite yet. I am also toying with the idea of waiting to see when this little one will be born. My doctors are estimating my due date at [name]March[/name] 24th, 2013, however I already know I will be having a scheduled c-section due to past precedent, and I am currently waiting to see if I have pre-eclampsia or just high blood pressure which could also change the delivery date. As if being pregnant wasn’t stressful enough… lol

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, and please keep posting if you have more ideas.

~Loranah

…Destined to swim in a sea of testosterone…