Need help for baby names!

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are expecting twins and we cannot decide on their names!!! We have a list of our favorites for both boy and girl. Please share your opinion, or even feel free to suggest names you think we would love! (We are waiting until birth to know the sex) Here are the lists:
[name_f]Girl[/name_f]:
[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]
[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Codi[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f]

[name_m]Boy[/name_m]:
[name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_f]Calvary[/name_f] [name_f]James[/name_f] (CJ-Not a junior, just like the idea of calling a boy that)
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m]
[name_f]Zealand[/name_f] [name_f]Skye[/name_f]
[name_f]Skye[/name_f] [name_f]Zealand[/name_f]
[name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Zion[/name_m] [name_f]Eden[/name_f]
[name_f]Oakley[/name_f] [name_f]Jayden[/name_f]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_f]Fox[/name_f]
Kozy [name_f]Blue[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowan[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Micheal[/name_m]

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to share your own ideas as well! We need boy/boy names, girl/girl names, and girl/boy names for our twinnies!!

3 Likes

If I had to name my kids with names from the list I would go with:

[name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] and [name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] or [name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] and [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

G/G: [name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f]

B/B: [name_f]Rowan[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m] and [name_f]Zealand[/name_f] [name_f]Skye[/name_f]

G/B: [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] and [name_f]Zealand[/name_f] [name_f]Skye[/name_f] or

[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] and [name_f]Rowan[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]

Congratulations!

Such an intriguing whimsical list

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] ~ I do strongly prefer the spelling [name_f]Ada[/name_f] but still the name is so nostalgic and warm. [name_f]June[/name_f] is a sunny middle name.

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] ~ such a gorgeous majestic sounding name that feels timeless and wind swept. She’s beautiful.

[name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] ~ I really like word names they are my GP and I think [name_m]Story[/name_m] is perfect. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] makes a sweet middle name for the whimsy [name_m]Story[/name_m].

[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] is another whimsical name that feels enchanting and fairy like. [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] makes a pretty middle name but I prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

I like the idea of [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] + [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] :shell:

[name_f]August[/name_f] [name_f]James[/name_f] ~ he feels dependable, strong, cosy and handsome. [name_f]Gus[/name_f] is a sweet nickname.

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] ~ [name_f]Love[/name_f] the ever so cosy [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] truly gorgeous and I think [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] adds a spark to [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] very stylish

[name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] ~ I adore [name_f]Noah[/name_f]! He’s soft, peaceful and cuddly. [name_f]Noah[/name_f] is gorgeous. [name_m]Bear[/name_m] makes a fun, unexpected middle name. I would slightly prefer [name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_f]Fox[/name_f].

[name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m] ~ this name feels so strong, handsome, well rounded and classic. I love [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] he’s such an unexpected biblical choice and I think [name_m]Michael[/name_m] makes a fab middle name.

I like the idea of [name_f]August[/name_f] [name_f]James[/name_f] + [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m].

For g/b twins I think [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] + [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] would be gorgeous together especially with the shared O sound.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

Fun choices. I’d do [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Briar[/name_f] and [name_f]Rowan[/name_f], or [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_f]August[/name_f].

1 Like

Favoueites are [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]. [name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] are cool too.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are:

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] → vintage and charming with spark
[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] → balanced and strong but pretty
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] → bright, preppy and fun but sophisticated
[name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] → nature-y, stylish and fun
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] → balanced and bright
[name_f]Codi[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - fun, unisex and modern
[name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] → sunny and warm
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] → rugged and cool - I prefer [name_f]Elias[/name_f] but [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] works too
[name_f]Oakley[/name_f] [name_f]Jayden[/name_f] → contemporary and stylish
[name_f]Rowan[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m] → gentle but powerful!

I like [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], [name_f]Elanor[/name_f], [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Eden[/name_f], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_f]Fox[/name_f] and [name_f]Blue[/name_f] too, but maybe in different combos:

[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f]? [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f]? [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f]?

[name_f]Eden[/name_f] [name_f]James[/name_f]? [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_f]Rowan[/name_f]? [name_f]Fox[/name_f] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]? [name_f]Blue[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]? [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]? [name_f]Eden[/name_f] [name_f]Oakley[/name_f]?

If I was to make some twin sets:

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Codi[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f]
[name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_f]Rowan[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] and [name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_f]Oakley[/name_f] [name_f]Jayden[/name_f] and [name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] and [name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_f]Rowan[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m] and [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f]

If I were to suggest some similar names:

[name_f]Keziah[/name_f] [name_f]Ruby[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Arden[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Lovelace[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Romy[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Saige[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]

[name_f]Everest[/name_f] [name_f]James[/name_f]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_f]Jude[/name_f]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_f]True[/name_f]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_f]Beau[/name_f]
[name_f]Ocean[/name_f] [name_f]Leo[/name_f]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_f]Orion[/name_f] [name_m]Gage[/name_m]
[name_f]Tate[/name_f] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Roscoe[/name_m] [name_f]Finn[/name_f]

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f], [name_f]Oakley[/name_f] [name_f]Jayden[/name_f], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] are my favorites

Out of your names I’d say:
G&G [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] and Adadh june or [name_f]Codi[/name_f] jane and [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f]
G&B [name_f]Rowen[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f]
B&B [name_f]Rowan[/name_f] and [name_f]Calvary[/name_f]

Congrats!

Thank you! We have been leaning towards [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] if one or both of them is a girl! The reason we chose to spell [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] like that is simply because we are crazy LOTR fans, and [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] is how they spell the flower with that name in the book series :slight_smile: And [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] is for sure one of our higher choices. We are a christian family, so a biblical name would be nice!

2 Likes

I’m going to switch some middle names.
[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] twin sister combo:
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] / [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] twin brother combo:
[name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_f]James[/name_f] / [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]
[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] sister/brother combo:
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] / [name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_f]James[/name_f]

G/G
Hadassah Kate & Briar Collyns (strong & feminine)
Ottilie Imogen & Arwen Elanor (literary princesses)
Adah June & Ottilie Imogen (vintage beauties)
Isla Evenstar & Arwen Elanor (fictional heroines)
Story Willow & Lovelyn Rose (romantic & whimsical)
G/B
Hadassah Kate & Shepherd Eliaz (grounded with subtle nature/biblical ties)
Codi Jane & Zion Eden (cool/spunky/artsy)
Briar Collyns & Enoch Micheal (rugged & charming)
Ottilie Imogen & Rowan Worth (dreamy :sparkles:)
Adah June & Felix Fox (timeless)
Lovelyn Rose & Skye Zealand (free spirited)
Isla Evenstar & August Jacob (historical fiction writers)
Arwen Elanor & Calvary James (these two are off defending castles)
B/B
Calvary James & Zion Eden (fiery with strong biblical association - very cool)
Shepherd Eliaz & Enoch Micheal (rustic yet gentle)
Felix Fox & Zealand Skye (sunny & endearing)
Rowan Worth & Skye Zealand (soft nature vibes)
Enoch Micheal & Oakley Jayden or Enoch & Oak/Oakes/Oakwood (Folksy)

GG: [name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] & [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]
BB: [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]James[/name_f] & [name_f]Zealand[/name_f] [name_m]Micheal[/name_m]
BG: [name_f]Zealand[/name_f] [name_m]Micheal[/name_m] & [name_m]Story[/name_m] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f]

Congrats on your twinnies and welcome to NB!

Just to get the suggested tweaks out of way. I would think about changing:

Love Skye! But would myself tweak Zealand Skye and possibly Skye Zealand (ie new middle names) just because Zealand and Skye are both places and it almost sounds decriptive (eg Zealand Sky, New Zealand).

Consider Ottilie Willow and Story Imogen instead - as Story Willow also double noun/word and I think Ottilie Willow flows better. Maybe something else for Story middle (love Imogen but doesn’t flow brilliantly from either name), or just Willow for either of these two. Maybe Ottilie Frances, Ottilie Francine, Ottilie Mabel, Ottilie Delphine, Ottilie Catherine, Ottilie Kate (though you may not want OK as a nn).

Lovelyn - would consider Lovella (which also gives you Wolfie as a nn, via the meaning).

Arwen - major LOTR fan over here too so get the Arwen love for Arwen! I’ve also been loving the Welsh, Anwen these days. I also love Morwenna. I also don’t think Arwen as yet has a natural pairing with your other names, maybe Skye? Maybe something Welsh/Celtic sounding but also is needed - something less common than Isla. Eg Clodagh, Aoife, Tallulah , Gwyneth, Carys/Cerys etc.

This would be too on nose and likely commit you to LOTR / fantasy names for any future kids, I love Rohan - more than Rowan for a boy!

Adah - consider changing to the streamlined Ada

(I also prefer Collins to Collyns but that’s less strong preference as Ada over Adah)

Definitely Michael over Micheal.

You may also like Bronte if you like Briar.

Least fave names: Codi & Kozy - for me, too cutesy and casual, nice for child/teen but then not so much and obviously as a twin set together, too matchy matchy even if different styles. Love Felix and Fox just not together (too cat-fox cartoon cute for me). I think Calvary is symbolically too heavy a name to wear, maybe as a second spot OK, and I think it’ll get mixed up with Cavalry or Carvary. Would change to Calloway/Callahan Jude. At the moment especially, unfortunately to say, I would avoid the name Zion.

Some combinations (have popped in some of my suggestions too - obv ignore if not your thing!):

Ottilie & Ada(h)
Story & Lovella/Lovelyn
Anwen & Shepherd (Annie & Shep)
Anwen & Isla
Arwen & Clodagh
Anwen/Arwen & Cerys
Arwen & Freya
Imogen & Lovella (Immy & Lovie/Luvvy)
Rohan & Freydis (wildcard)
Arwen & Gwyneth
Skye & Arwen
Briar & Skye
Rowan & Briar
Oakley & Skye
Ottilie & Enoch
Ottilie & Shepherd
Ottilie & Felix
Ada(h) & Shepherd
Ada & Enoch
August & Felix
August & Calloway (Gus & Cal)
Felix & Noah
Jude & Noah
August & Jude

Hope this helps! :sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

what a great list!

as is: isla evenstar!!, briar collyns, story willow
calvary james, shepherd eliaz, zealand skye

mix and match: hadassah june, arwen rose
oakley zion, eden noah, felix blue

it’s a no for me: codi - in general as a name, but definitely for a girl; skye zealand, zion eden - bad flow; kozy - not great as a name; micheal - please spell it properly as michael, as is in it’s original hebrew. el = god, every part of the name has a meaning.

suggestions: cosette, cosima, cosmo - any cos- name could do for a “kozy” nickname; jade; noam; oak

sets:
isla evenstar + arwen elanor
hadassah jade + adah june

shepherd eliaz + enoch michael
felix oakley + eden fox

hadassah kate + shepherd eliaz
story willow + calvary james
eden song + zion evenstar
cosette blue “kozy blue” + zealand skye “zion skye”
arwen lovelyn + enoch worth

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list are [name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f], [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f], [name_f]Rowan[/name_f] [name_m]Worth[/name_m], and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m]. I like Rowan/Shepherd and Ottilie/Arwen together the most!

Some random suggestions for you:

[name_f]Afton[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Livia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fable[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]

[name_f]Marlowe[/name_f]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_f]Linden[/name_f]
[name_f]Alder[/name_f]
[name_m]Orrin[/name_m]

1 Like

G/G: Isla & Arwen; Isla & Skye; Willow & Briar or Willow & Rose; Ottilie & Imogen; Ada & Eleanor (Ella); Skye & Eden

B/B: August & Felix; Noah & Zion or Noah & Enoch; Calvary James & Shepherd Michael (if Christian identity is important to you)

B/G: Rowan & Arwen; Rowan & Willow; August & Briar; Ada & August (Gus); Isla & Felix; August & Eleanor; Jane & Michael.

It may be easier to start by choosing the first names and then choose middle names that that match or fit with those and are must meaningful for you.

There is a mix of nature names, Old Testament names, classic & vintage names. While you can obviously mix and match, it could work to stick with a theme for the first names and middle names, e.g. nature first names with classic middle names.

Middle names that seem to fit could be: Rose & June; Jane & Kate; Bear & Fox; Rose & Blue; Collins & Worth; James & Michael

I would cross Story, Codi, Zealand, Kozy off the list, and prefer Skye and Eden for a girl and the more standard spellings of Ada, Eleanor, Collins, Michael and Elias.

1 Like

[name_f]August[/name_f] [name_f]James[/name_f] & [name_f]Noah[/name_f] [name_m]Michael[/name_m] for twin boys is very cute!

For girls, since you like [name_f]June[/name_f], how about [name_f]Juniper[/name_f]? [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] (nn Will/Willa & June/Junie)

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] & [name_f]Skye[/name_f] would also be great for girl/boy twins! It might just sound like the [name_m]Isle[/name_m] of [name_f]Skye[/name_f] in [name_m]Scotland[/name_m] tho (but also it’s a gorgeous place, so might not be so bad!)

1 Like

These would be my choices going straight from your list:

G/G: [name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] & [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

B/B: [name_f]August[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] & [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]

G/B: [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] & [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]

If I could mix and match firsts and middles, I’d come up with:

G/G: [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

B/B: [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m] & [name_f]Rowan[/name_f] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]

B/G: [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m] & [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

1 Like

Taking into account an earlier reply where you mentioned Ottilie and Enoch being high on the list, this is what I’d pair them with.

Ottilie Imogen and Adah June

Ottilie Imogen and Enoch Michael

Enoch Michael and Zion Eden

My personal favourites (I’ve mixed firsts and middles up)
Ottilie Arwen and Elanor Evenstar
Ottilie Elanor and Rowan Eliaz
Rowan Eliaz and Zion Fox

1 Like