Need help! Sib Set Catastrophe!

Hello Berries, I’m looking for help to get my sibset in order. I don’t know how to make my set make sense. My husband says to just pick names I like and that it doesn’t matter whether everyone’s name flows cohesively with each other. Though I understand that this is true, and I’d rather have a name I like verse a name that “fits”, if possible I’d like to have my cake and eat it too.

So here we go. I have two babies, a girl named Isabella Capri, and a son named Cassian (pronounced Cass-ee-an, not Cash) Alexander. I would like to have two more children so I need two more girl name options and two more boy ones.

Some back story, I’m not a super fan of common names (they are pretty, but I don’t want my kid to be in a class with 6 other kids with the same name). Haha with that said, I know Isabella is like number 4 in the country right now, but when I had my first child I didn’t know enough about baby names to look anything up. I had a bad association with, Elizabeth, the name my husband wanted, so we went with the Spanish/Italian version as a compromise. Also, we call our daughter almost exclusively by her middle name. We love the name Capri, it’s sweet and different, and most importantly has meaning to us. We don’t care that it makes some people think of the pants, kids juice, or the Italian island. With that said, as new parent our friends and family scared us from using it as her first name.

With my son, my husband want the name, Cassius (again Cass not Cash). Like Capri it was a name with meaning that was also taken from a book. This was the name that first got my husband thinking about having kids, so when the time came, it was this name or nothing for him. Though I was the first to suggest the name to him, I never thought that he would actually want a son with this name. Eventually we agreed on Cassian, which to me seems more usable/wearable. I love all the Greek/Roman stuff (I’m half Greek, half Mexican), but I didn’t/don’t want my child to have a specific tend name because I don’t feel they age well. Haha but who knows, I’m sure some people may believe these names won’t age well either, to each their own. Anyways, because my daughter has a beautiful, albeit super common, first name I tried to balance my son out with a common middle name. Also because our friends and family told us not to make Cassian a first name either, but we felt braver the second time around.

Blah blah blah…the problem is now I have a Cassian and Capri (super cute if I just stopped having kids here), and if we have another girl, my husband is pretty hooked on the name Catalia (cat-tuh-lee-uh). A name I had suggested while tossing around name ideas. Again it has meaning to us, but ugh another “C” name! I swear I’m not doing it on propose and I had/have no intention on a “C” themed sibset.

So what do I do berries? How do I make these name work together…is it doable?

What other boy/girl names work with this set? What are possible middle names?

How would you tie the names together?

Since I have no problem with first middle name order, do I call my possible future daughter Catalia, but give her a different lettered first name, like my first daughter?

In general I like longer names. I know that you’re not suppose to pair long first names with long last names, but I like the feel of it. We both changed our last name. Our new last name is pronounced duke-SO-vee-um. It honors my husbands original last name, but the name’s new meaning adds the strength and stability that we wish for our kids, that we didn’t have growing up. So maybe it’s pretentious of me, but overall I’d like the names to have a bit more weight to them, if that make sense. I’m proud of the life we are building and likewise I want my kids to have strong, unique, refined, worldly names to match.

(To give you a feel for my style) Some boy names I like, but not sure that I want/can use them:

-All the -ian names, Julian (husbands fave) Rhydian, Adrian/Hadrian, Dorian, Lucian, Lian (great names, but too close to Cassian, right?)

-Elias (w/ Spanish pronunciation, eh-lee-us) I would do Cassian and Elias in a heartbeat but worried if I have a Catalia that they are too similar…especially if we end up calling her Alia for short)

-Maxim (I picture a sophisticated worldly gentleman. Definitely the vibe I want)

-Atticus (I love the strength and feel of this name, but maybe too trendy? )

-Amias (super cute and sweet, great meaning, not sure if husband will get on board)

-Briar (recent crush on this name, but not sure if its a compatible name style, too nature/noun name?)

-Paris (a long time favorite, traditional Greek boy name, that no one will believe this is anything but a girl name now…so no right?)

-Tristan (strong and romantic)

-Uriah (yer-rye-uh, I think it’s beautiful but reminds some people of pee?)

-Kova (cute and strong but doesn’t pass the supreme court judge/president name test?)

-Kieran (too plain? and another “C” sounding name)

Girls names im really at a loss. I can’t find any that really speak to me or fits. I was thinking maybe doing names that have different “A” endings like -ella, -lia, -anna, -etta etc. But honestly I’m open to all ideas. I don’t have a specific association/desire with/for Italy, that’s just coincidental. Some names I like are…

-Catalia (almost a guarantee if we have a girl)

-Amaya (not husbands fav)

-Sienna (pretty but maybe not grand enough?)

-Sakaiya (maybe not compatible name style?)

-Lucia (could work but not husband favorite)

-Calliope (too many “C” names?)

-Briseis (wrong style/vibe and hard for people to say?)

2 Likes

So all four of these names have a connection in my mind - Mediterranean, specifically coastal [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. It’s more of a vibe than about the place itself.
Other names I put in this category:

Girls -
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_u]Cana[/name_u]
[name_f]Alesia[/name_f]
[name_u]Venice[/name_u]
Magdelena
[name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f]

Boys-
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_u]Lucca[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Kairos[/name_m]
[name_m]Spiro[/name_m]

1 Like

Firstly you do have a great starting point honestly naming is so hard so I understand why your struggling/overthinking I did exactly the same thing when it came to naming my daughter.

Boys:
Firstly I love Cassian such handsome name but I agree the ‘-i an’ ending names are a bit too much with Cassian. Some suggestions Julius, Rauridh, Hector, Darius and Luciano.

Regarding Elias I don’t understand your concerns personally I do not see any issue with Elias & Catalia I think this one your slightly overthinking. Also if you may never be blessed with a girl so personally I wouldn’t overlook a favourite name on the off chance you may have another daughter. However what about Elio or Ellis instead?

Maxim, Tristan, Atticus & Amias all 100% work in your sibling set they are all fashionable choices for different reasons but that wouldn’t put me off them I think they are fab! Going to suggest Aurelius, Leopold, Casper & Arthur.

Paris (for a boy) & Briar to me have a similar off the beaten track vibe I think they feel free spirited and outdoorsy but for me do not work well with your sibling set. Similarly I think Kieran is lovely but too plain & Kova reminds me of covid so I would rule that out.

Uriah is lovely but I think if your already getting that association you should dismiss the name because it’ll be stuck with you. Suggestion Ari he’s lovely has a similar vibe to me and works with your sibling set in my eyes despite being short.

From your list I love Elias, Maxim, Tristan and Amias.

Girls:
So I’m thinking Italy means a lot to you guys? If so you have a great source of inspiration that will work for your sibling set!

Catalia is lovely and if your loving that name go for it I agree with your husband go with a name that you love rather than worrying about the cohesiveness of a sibling set. You could have the same pattern as Isabella maybe something like Florence Catalia and you would get that Italian reference also Florence sounds pretty in your sibling set.

Amaya, Briseis, Lucia & Sakaiya I would rule out. If your husband isn’t on board with Amaya & Lucia no point having them on your list as contemplating them is redundant unfortunately ultimately you need a name hubby likes too. Concerning Briseis & Sakaiya they feel very random personally they don’t work. Suggestions Amara, Briony, Flora & Serafina.

If your in the U.K. Sienna has become popular (unsure about elsewhere) and I think teamed with Isabella your sibling set feels trendy/predictable something your definitely not going for. Even if you changed the spelling to Siena like the place itself the name still feels trendy. Suggestion Vienna? Yes Vienna is obviously Austria but she has the same sound has Sienna just not as popular or sticking to Italy maybe Verona?

Calliope is lovely if your considering c names like you are with Catalia keep this name on your list for sure! If you are worried about the c thing what about Artemis or Aurelia? Also on another note Verona Calliope would be pretty.

From your list I love Catalia and Calliope

Good luck & hope i’ve helped

2 Likes

I think you already have some good options and to me, they make sense with your set!

1 Like

-Catalia is a lovely name & it matches the fresh & regal feel of your other kid’s names. However, I do understand your concern. If I were you, I’d name her [name_f]Catalia[/name_f] and give her a more common MN to balance out your sibset BUT doing so would mean that 2/3 of your kids would have matching initials and 1 would not, which may leave [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] feeling a little left out. To remedy that, you could change the C in [name_f]Catalia[/name_f] to a K or use a similar name like [name_f]Galatea[/name_f].

-I like the idea of giving your girls a similar name ending to link their names together!
Similar Ending Names: [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Galatea[/name_f], [name_f]Cambria[/name_f], etc.

-Of your boys names, my favorites are [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] & [name_m]Maxim[/name_m] but I think [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] rounds out your sibset the best!

You have some lovely names in there.

The vibes I am picking up from your names are italian/travel inspired, romantic, strong names.

We have very similar taste. I wouldnt have 2 children beginning with c and then [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] different, personally.

Great idea pairing a more common name with a rare one.

I love [name_u]Elias[/name_u], sounds great with [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] & [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

Have you thought of: ( laceycoffee has already suggested some of these:) )

• [name_f]Evalina[/name_f]

• [name_u]Florence[/name_u]

• Katalia, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] Katalia?

• [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]

• [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]

• [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
    -Tobias

• [name_m]Luciano[/name_m]

• [name_m]Silas[/name_m]

• [name_u]Nico[/name_u]

Xx

I think [name_u]Briar[/name_u] works really well with your sibset and could work for either a boy or girl, as could [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]. Other ideas:

[name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Marceline[/name_f] (Could go by Cece)
[name_f]Lucretia[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Philomena[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] (could be called [name_f]Cece[/name_f] or Cilla)
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_m]Marcellus[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] (a name but with a different pronunciation)
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_u]Adrian[/name_u]
[name_f]Olympias[/name_f]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]

I recently met a little girl called [name_u]Cataleya[/name_u] and I really love her name! Its so different. I do wonder if [name_f]Catalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Capri[/name_f] sound too island-y together. I think I am thinking of [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Capri[/name_f] though! Its in my list!

I think its interesting that your daughter is [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and you call her by her middle. Could you repeat that pattern? [name_f]Catalia[/name_f] as a middle name if you want a “C” theme but then want an out in case you end up not liking a C theme.

For some reason other girl names I think of with your other children’s names are:

[name_f]Juliana[/name_f] or [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Loretta[/name_f]
[name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicoletta[/name_f]
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]

For boys I love [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] for you but it does have the same ending as your son’s name. I thought of:

[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] or [name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] (popular though)
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Frasier[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Macsen[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Luciano[/name_m]

Sorry I retract [name_f]Callie[/name_f] it sounds too much like [name_f]Capri[/name_f].

1 Like

The only thing about naming a few kids with the initials of C_. Is that [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] may start to feel left out if she has multiple siblings names that start with C.

Because C may start to become you pattern for name kids. And then you first daughter will just be starting with I

1 Like

I would love to repeat the pattern and use [name_f]Catalia[/name_f] as a middle name so that it matches more with my daughter, but I need suggestions for good first name combos. Haha and then fingers crossed my husband will like them. He’s pretty set with having [name_f]Catalia[/name_f] as the first name.

1 Like

I guess I’ve never put too much importance on first name, middle name placement. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandma and my mother both went by their middle names. I go by my first name, but sometimes wish people would address me by my first and middle…haha otherwise what’s the point of having these great names and only using one of them. I did want to call my daughter [name_f]Capri[/name_f], but it was suggested to me that she wouldn’t be taken seriously in the working world. So I gave her a more common and “acceptable” first name, just in case. Though watching her and her strong personality develop, I don’t think she’ll have any problem regardless of what name she chooses to go by.

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Capri[/name_f] , and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] are beautiful names!

I absolutely do not think you are locked into a C theme although continuing it would be a cute connection. Some other theme’s are the number of letters [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is 8 and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] is 7

If you are planning on having 2 more children I don’t think your married to the theme (especially because [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is your daughters first name)

I love the Mediterranean feel your kids names exudes and I love that it subtly pays homage to your heritage

Of your I simply adore [name_f]Catalia[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] , [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Maxim[/name_m] ,Elias , Amais and Kova

[name_f]My[/name_f] remedy would always be to use names that are important and meaningful for you . No matter what they are

[name_f]My[/name_f] suggestion would be

[name_f]Amaya[/name_f] [name_f]Catalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Briseis[/name_f] with [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Capri[/name_f] and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] “ Capri,Cassian, [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] and Lucia”
Amais Kova and [name_m]Maxim[/name_m] [name_u]Julian[/name_u] with [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Capri[/name_f] and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

1 Like

I don’t think it’s any concern to have a I , C, and C for their initials personally. Maybe your next child you use a completely different initial.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Catalia[/name_f] and Kova

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is NOT that popular! I loooove this name
Paris-love this for a boy!
Kova- beautiful and exotic, feels crisp and fresh and clean

What about caterina?
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is really cute! Goes with sister [name_f]Capri[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is amazing! [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_u]Cali[/name_u] and [name_f]Capri[/name_f] :pleading_face::pleading_face:
(And I say that even though I usually really dislike matching letter sibset names, but these are beautiful)

1 Like

If you’re liking [name_u]Elias[/name_u] then a possible C name to go with your two already would be [name_m]Caius[/name_m]. Although I do love [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] !

For [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] did come to mind before you mentioned it. For non c choices [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] was my favorite on your list (although I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] might better match Capri)