Need help to Name our twins Part 3

3,5 weeks to go.

My husband and I would like to honor as many people as possible. My husband thought about combining the Names of the people we want to honor. We will give the twins 2 middle names. First Names will be Ada(h), Nora(h), Chloe, Leonor or Aaron, Jasper, Joshua.
Honor Names are: First/Second Name of the Person:
Hugh
Harmon
Christine/Dorothee
Emma/Julia
Martha/Erna
Hertha/Maret

He wants to combine them so we can use all the Names. I honestly don’t think it works. But I am still open. Each child will have 2 middle Names. My husband would love to use all 6 Names.

Does anyone know the Name Marethea? Combining Maret and Dorothee/Dorothea

We are open to ideas.

Norah Dorothee/y Maret &
Chloe Martha Christine (or Chloe Hertha Christine)

Aaron Christopher Hugh &
Joshua Harmon Emmett

Leonor Emma Christine & Jasper Ernest Harmon
or
Ada Dorothee/y Juliet & Jasper Hugo Ernest

If you’re looking for gender alternatives to some of the honour names here are some ideas

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m] → [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] (same meaning)
[name_m]Harmon[/name_m] → [name_f]Harmony[/name_f] or [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] (this also combines Maret)
[name_f]Christine[/name_f] → [name_m]Christian[/name_m] or [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_f]Dorothee[/name_f] → [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_m]Dorien[/name_m]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] → [name_m]Emmett[/name_m]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] → Jovis, [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m], [name_m]Sky[/name_m], [name_m]Julius[/name_m], [name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] → [name_m]Martin[/name_m], [name_m]Marvin[/name_m], [name_m]Mars[/name_m], [name_m]Marshall[/name_m], [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m] or [name_m]Thames[/name_m] (Tha also honours Hertha)
[name_f]Erna[/name_f] → [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] or [name_m]Noah[/name_m]
[name_f]Hertha[/name_f] → [name_m]Herron[/name_m], [name_m]Hermon[/name_m] (mon from Harmon), [name_m]Hermes[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m] or Bartlett/Bart
[name_m]Maret[/name_m] → same as [name_f]Martha[/name_f] (any boy name with Mar) but also [name_m]Elliott[/name_m], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] or [name_m]Etienne[/name_m]

You could combine all the names with letters. I know a girl who used the middle name [name_m]Henry[/name_m] for her son because she wanted to honour people who’s names started with H E N R and Y so it worked out well for her

You could take the C H and E from all the first and middle names and do something like [name_m]Chester[/name_m] or [name_f]Chelsea[/name_f]

The D E M from the girls’ names and get something like [name_m]Delmar[/name_m], [name_m]Delmore[/name_m], [name_m]Demetri[/name_m], [name_m]Dempsey[/name_m], [name_m]Dermott[/name_m] or [name_m]Desmund[/name_m] for boys or [name_f]Delma[/name_f], [name_f]Demetria[/name_f], [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Melinda[/name_f] or [name_f]Meredith[/name_f] for girls

Edited to give you 2 middle names**

Some combos you could do with a mix of my suggestions and what you have could be

Nora Martha Christine + Ada Julia Maret
Nora Harmony Maret + Ada Melody Emma
Nora Theodora Emme + Ada Meredith Jules

Leonor Melinda Maret + Chloe Dorothee Delma
Leonor Minerva Harriet + Chloe Tiana Chelsea
Leonor Demetria Melody + Chloe Juliana Harriet

Jasper Emmett Thames + Joshua Christian Hermes
Jasper Desmund Herron + Joshua Ernest Adam
Jasper Dorien Noah + Joshua Demetri Adam
Jasper Ernest Theodore + Joshua Chester Thaddeus

Combining the names:

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] (From [name_f]Dorothee[/name_f] and using letters of [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and Hertha)

[name_m]Edmond[/name_m] (combining the sounds of [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothee[/name_f] and Harmon)

[name_m]Jem[/name_m] / [name_f]Jemma[/name_f] (combining the middle initials J E M - and -a ending of [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and Hertha)

[name_m]Cru[/name_m] / [name_m]Crue[/name_m] / [name_m]Crew[/name_m] (combining [name_f]Christine[/name_f] and Hugh)

[name_f]Marnie[/name_f] / [name_f]Marnee[/name_f] (combining [name_m]Harmon[/name_m] and [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and Dorothee)

[name_f]Marine[/name_f] (Martha and Christine)

[name_m]Hudson[/name_m] (Hugh, [name_m]Harmon[/name_m], Dorothee)

[name_f]Jodie[/name_f] (Julia and Dorothee)

[name_f]Heather[/name_f] (Hugh, [name_m]Harmon[/name_m], Hertha)

[name_f]Journey[/name_f] (combining sounds of [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Erna[/name_f] and Dorothee)

[name_f]Carmen[/name_f] (Harmon and Christine)

You could also just do it by initials, since you’ve got four initials to honour?

So, like:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Mack[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Elias[/name_m]

[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Clark[/name_m]

[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] [name_f]Hollie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

The kids will have two middle Names each. We would like to combine the honor Names to makes 4 middle Names.

1 Like

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] [name_m]Harmon[/name_m] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothee[/name_f] [name_m]Maret[/name_m]

Does anyone of you know the Name

Marethea?

I agree combining names to honor people can be tricky. I think variations can be lovely like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_m]Emmet[/name_m] for [name_f]Julia[/name_f] or [name_f]Emma[/name_f] though!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite first names from your list are
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] or [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
And [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

For girls
I would choose
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] to honor [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothee[/name_f] or
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] to honor [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
And
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] [name_f]Martha[/name_f]

Are any of the middle name options for the first name spot? If so, [name_f]Leonor[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would be darling.

For boys
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Christian[/name_m] would be my pick to honor [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] and [name_f]Christine[/name_f]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Merritt[/name_m] [name_m]Harmon[/name_m] could honor [name_f]Dorothee[/name_f], [name_m]Maret[/name_m], and [name_m]Harmon[/name_m]

(I personally still think Ada(h) [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is a lovely pair) (Also, I am unclear as to whether or not you are using [name_f]Leonor[/name_f] as a boy or girl name, so I made combos for both genders)

Nora(h) [name_f]Dorothee[/name_f] [name_m]Maret[/name_m]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Erna[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] [name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_m]Maret[/name_m]
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] [name_m]Harmon[/name_m]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m] Christpher [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Harmon[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] some of these help with your decisions!

[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] is a girl Name

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband would love to use all of them. He wants 4 middle Names, 2 for each child.
I still do not know how

Not so far…

:+1: