Need Help with Creating a Family

Hello, so I am writing a romantic/comedy/drama and am wanting to develop the characters for the central family. The series follows this family over the course of five generations, but primarily focusing on three generations with the family’s matriarch being the grandmother, who between her two daughters, has five grandchildren, four of whom are living. The grandchildren are named, with the eldest grandchild being a girl, named Willa, and her mother being the eldest daughter of the grandmother. Willa had an older brother, who is unnamed right now, he died before she was born.

However, his story is incredibly important in both Willa’s life and in her mother’s life, as he will be a part of her story. The younger daughter of the grandmother has three children, two boys who are teenagers, who right now are named: Beau Hudson and Flynn Arthur, while the daughter is in grade school, named Stella. I am still looking for middle names for the granddaughters, though I love the name Stella Beatrice. And Beau’s first girlfriend, who will be important in the story, is named Adelaide.

Additionally, I still do not have last names for the characters and the daughters, nor their husbands, nor the grandmother and her husband are named. I do still need help with these, I love name themes, though I am understanding that not all will coincide with each other, I do want the women to feel a little cohesive together as it is a story centered on the women in the family. What are some good suggestions?

1 Like

Other middle name ideas for the granddaughters:

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Behati[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

Ideas for the other women:
Some that could run through the family as honours…
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Leonore[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], Elinora
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Sasha[/name_f], [name_f]Alexia[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandrine[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Corliss[/name_f]
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]
[name_f]Candace[/name_f]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f]

Ideas for Willa’s siblings:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] ‘Prue’, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ‘Betsy’& [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Shirley[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] & [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_f]Lana[/name_f], [name_f]Roberta[/name_f] & [name_f]Maren[/name_f]

Last name ideas:
Dugdale
[name_f]Summerlee[/name_f]
Stelfox
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
Cresswell
Wilderspin
[name_m]Draper[/name_m]
[name_m]Drummond[/name_m]
Brophy
McMahon
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]