Need help with Middle name for Malaya.

Me and my husband are considering the name [name]Malayah[/name] (Ma-lay-uh) (not sure how we are going to spell it; [name]Malayah[/name], [name]Malaya[/name], [name]Malayaa[/name])

We really want the middle name to be [name]Elaine[/name], but my brother just had a baby girl and named her [name]Madison[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]. (i don’t want them to have the same middle name) [name]Elaine[/name] is the middle name of my grandmother who died in 2001 of lung cancer. Her name was [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]. (She went by [name]Katie[/name] though) And we don’t really want [name]Catherine[/name] as the middle name because it doesn’t “go”. I was hoping that someone would be to come up with a name that is similar to [name]Elaine[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name]… or somehow put [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Elaine[/name] together that would make a name. Know what I mean? Example: [name]Kate[/name], [name]Elaina[/name]. (the middle name could even have something to do with [name]Katie[/name]) The middle name doesn’t have to be unique or anything…

I know this is hard but I can’t really think of any that I like.

Please help us! :smiley:

I know you posted this a while ago, but if you still need help with the middle name, here are some ideas:

you could use a name that starts with [name]El[/name]- like [name]Elaine[/name]-
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elyse[/name]
Eldore/[name]Eldora[/name]
[name]Elira[/name] (pn ehl-er-ah)
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Ellison[/name]

you could use an anagram of [name]Elaine[/name]-
Leanie (you could pronounce this “lee-nee” or “lee-ah-nee”)
Eilena (you could pronounce this "eye-leh-nah)
[name]Ailene[/name] (you could pronounce this “eye-lehn” or “eye-leen”)

[name]Elaine[/name] means “bright, shining one”, so you could use another name that has the same meaning-
Akiko - means “bright child”
Akyra - means “bright”
[name]Claribel[/name] - means “bright, beautiful”
[name]Phoebe[/name] - “means bright, radiant”
[name]Meriel[/name] - means “shining sea”

[name]Catherine[/name] means “pure”, so you could use another name that has the same meaning or is a variant of [name]Catherine[/name]-
[name]Catrine[/name]
[name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Katya[/name]
[name]Inez[/name] - means “pure”
[name]Wynne[/name] - means “pure”

I know that not all of these ideas work wonderfully with [name]Malaya[/name], but I was just hoping to give you some ideas to get you started that you can work off of. Good luck!

I love the name [name]Malaya[/name]! I was thinking about naming my daughter that…I was going to spell it Malaia though.

[name]How[/name] about…

[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Jayce[/name]
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Alyse[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Cate[/name]? That is cute! :slight_smile: good luck!

Why don’t you like [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]? That sounds great to me!

Or what about [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Delaney[/name]? Kind of a stretch but it sort of honors [name]Elaine[/name].

literally putting [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Elaine[/name] together…
Katalaine
Catalayne
Katalayne
Catalaine

[name]How[/name] about Calainey? Combines [name]Elaine[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] nicely. Or maybe two middle names: [name]Malaya[/name] Caty [name]Laine[/name]?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Laine[/name]/[name]Lainey[/name]?