Need name ideas for female chicks! šŸ£

Long time no see! I came back here because Iā€™m getting 4 baby female chicks tomorrow and I need name ideas! For comparison these are the names we already have for our chickens:

Daisy Duke
Loretta ā€œWhite Trashā€ Trixie (named after country singer Loretta Lynn except my mom canā€™t remember what the singerā€™s name is so she just calls her Trixie or White Trash)
Sheila (named after human)
Big Red (I wanted to name him Terrence but my dad insisted on Big Red)
Skittles (named after her skittishness)

If you want a visual idea for the chick breeds weā€™re gonna get Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorps, and maybe California Whites!

[name_f]Dakota[/name_f]
[name_f]Brenda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dolly[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginger[/name_f]
[name_f]Cece[/name_f]
[name_f]Rita[/name_f]
[name_m]Demi[/name_m]
[name_f]Nanette[/name_f]
[name_f]Candy[/name_f]

anna kendrick
bonnie tyler
the unsinkable molly brown
penny hofstadter
dear prudence

1 Like

Iā€™ve never thought of chicken names before but here are some I can think (a mix of what I can picture a chick being named with your others names + ones with meanings)

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] / Barbs / [name_f]Barbie[/name_f]
[name_f]Laverne[/name_f]
[name_f]Shirley[/name_f]
[name_f]Earla[/name_f] (the show [name_f]My[/name_f] Name is [name_m]Earl[/name_m] gives me ā€œwhite trashā€ or ā€œhickā€ vibes - his last name was Hickey so you could always called a chick that too I guess lol)
[name_m]Early[/name_m] [name_f]Morning[/name_f] (if thereā€™s one that chirps a lot or is up early)
[name_f]Candace[/name_f] (I donā€™t know it just feels like a red chick name to me - maybe because of [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and Ferb lol)
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] Beak (like [name_f]Betty[/name_f] Boop or any [name_f]Betty[/name_f] name with an one middle - I like beak though because of chickens and you could nickname her Beaker or something)
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Lou[/name_f] ^
[name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_f]Betty[/name_f] (song)
[name_f]Becky[/name_f] / [name_f]Becki[/name_f] (could call her Beaky / Beaki)
[name_f]Rhonda[/name_f] (for a [name_f]Rhode[/name_f] [name_f]Island[/name_f] Reds)
[name_f]Reba[/name_f] ^
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] ^
[name_f]Wilma[/name_f] (Flintstones)
Bam Bam ^
[name_f]Cali[/name_f] (for a [name_f]California[/name_f] White)
[name_f]Alba[/name_f] (means White)
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] ^
[name_f]Blanche[/name_f] ^ (for golden girls)
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] / [name_f]Dottie[/name_f] (also golden girls)
[name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] (like Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] but also means noble white)
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Yennefer[/name_f]
[name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_f]Velvet[/name_f] (for a [name_m]Black[/name_m] Australorps - like the song)
Blackberry ^
[name_m]Merle[/name_m] (means blackbird)
[name_f]Felicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Whiskey[/name_f]
[name_f]Whitney[/name_f] / [name_f]Whitney[/name_f] Rooston
[name_m]Houston[/name_m] Rooston
[name_f]Claudine[/name_f] / [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] (works with one who is feisty - could use Claws or [name_m]Claude[/name_m] for a future male)
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_f]Druscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Frieda[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Hilda[/name_f] / [name_f]Hildy[/name_f] ā†’ Honda / Honker (if theyā€™re loud)
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] / [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] [name_m]Ray[/name_m]
[name_f]Thelma[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f] (Thelma and [name_f]Louise[/name_f] - I donā€™t know much about chicks but if thereā€™s 2 that are close this could work)

1 Like