Need name to go with Kai

[name]Hi[/name] all,

We have a son named [name]Kai[/name], we’re looking for a name that will go well with it. Our last name ends in N, so a lot of names are out, although the n names on our current list sound find with it.

Here are our top choices. I don’t want something too different and hubby doesn’t want anything too ‘normal’.
Thoughts on our list? These are ones that are on the maybe list for both of us:

[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Brody[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]

Open to suggestions as well!!

I love [name]Kai[/name]! I would love to see another subtle nature name with it though, while the names on your list seem a bit more mainstream. Some other ideas:

[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Dunston[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] (Def. more popular than [name]Kai[/name], but I love the similarity in meaning)
[name]Gordon[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Shaw[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]

I realized halfway through about the ‘n’ ending, but you said some n sounds work, so I left them in. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I like [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Kai[/name] they seem to have the same feel and I also like [name]Brody[/name] and [name]Kai[/name], very smart together and apart.

Did you choose [name]Kai[/name] for any particular reason? It’s a common Scandinavian name (spelled [name]Kaj[/name]) & Hawaiian name.

[name]Bo[/name] – also scandinavian, and one syllable
[name]Noah[/name] – I like this very very much with [name]Kai[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Troy[/name]

I would say that
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
are all too different from [name]Kai[/name]. [name]Seth[/name] and [name]Cooper[/name] are my faves from your list, but i think that [name]Beau[/name] is a great suggestion - i’d have spelt it like this though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Rex[/name]? Too different for you?

Open to suggestions as well!![/quote]

I think these are nice:
[name]Kai[/name] and [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Kai[/name] and [name]Jace[/name]
[name]Kai[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Kai[/name] and [name]Zane[/name]

I love [name]Kai[/name] and [name]Seth[/name] the best.

I know a kai with a brother named noah.

Funny I never saw this thread- my son’s name is [name]Kai[/name] as well, and we’re on the hunt for names to go with it. I feel your pain- [name]Kai[/name] is so distinctive, so it’s hard to find the perfect name to pair with it.

Thanks everyone. I love some of those suggestions.

We’ve come up with [name]Luca[/name] to add to our list. Thoughts on that with [name]Kai[/name]?

We chose [name]Kai[/name] just because we liked it. My background is finnish, and hubby’s is norweigan, so it was a bonus that [name]Kai[/name]'s name is Scandinavian :slight_smile: Which makes me think [name]Luca[/name] may go really well with [name]Kai[/name].

Also, hubby has decided to veto [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Joshua[/name], “too normal and common” he says.

I’m still liking [name]Brody[/name] a lot too though…

Why is this so hard? lol

[name]Love[/name] [name]Luca[/name] with [name]Kai[/name]- DH didn’t like the name, but that was definitely one I suggested because I thought it sounded great with [name]Kai[/name].

What about:

[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Ashby[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]/[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]

if you want to keep with the scandinavian theme, what about something like

kai and soren