Need New Inspiration

I haven’t posted in a while, as I was sure we had narrowed our girl name choices down to 2, but now I am feeling unsure…

Our 2 girl picks were ([name]Nora[/name] & [name]Margaret[/name] honor the Grandma’s)
[name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] NN [name]Ella[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]

Right now neither are feeling like THE NAME!

We have a DD [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Chantal[/name] 6

I like feminine names, not Unisex and we must have ‘[name]Nora[/name]’ in some form and [name]Margaret[/name] as the middle names.

[name]Baby[/name] is due Feb 21, and the boy names we have decided on are either [name]Luke[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name].

We want to go to the hospital with 2 or 3 names to decide upon when we finally get to meet baby.

Please add some new (to me) options!

Much appreciated!

I love [name]Luke[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], and I also adore [name]Nora[/name].

Some more names which could give the nn [name]Nora[/name] are :
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Hannelore[/name] (hann-a-lor-a)
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Honora[/name] (Irish spelling is [name]Onora[/name])
[name]Honoria[/name]
[name]Honorine[/name]/a
[name]Leanore[/name]/a
[name]Lenore[/name]/a
[name]Leonore[/name]/a.

Good luck!

I really love [name]Honor[/name], [name]Leonor/name and [name]Hannelore[/name] as twinkle suggested!
I love [name]Luke[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], you can’t go wrong with these names (I would choose between [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], because of the nickname potential, but [name]Luke[/name] is lovely as well.)
What about:
[name]Annelore[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Eleora[/name]
[name]Annemarie[/name]
Annabeth
[name]Isabeau[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]

I love [name]Nathaniel[/name]!

I love [name]Nora[/name]! And, I love [name]Daisy[/name], which is a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name] - much more modern and fresh!

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]

“We have a DD [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Chantal[/name], I like feminine names, not Unisex and we must have ‘[name]Nora[/name]’ in some form and [name]Margaret[/name] as the middle names.”

Your daughter’s name is totally French so I think you should follow this theme and revise [name]Margaret[/name] to [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Margot[/name] or [name]Margaux[/name].

I think [name]Camille[/name] would make a soft pretty name so why not

think about [name]Camille[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]? [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name].

I am a grandmother and I would like to say that one of my grandchildren has been named after the other grandmother with no hard feelings on my part, so why not just use either a [name]Margaret[/name] variant or a [name]Nora[/name] variant? If they are as understanding as I am there should be no friction, besides you may have another daughter and you could use the other name then if you wish to.

A few combos to consider

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Honora[/name] [name]Margot[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name], lovely

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Margaux[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name], so pretty

[name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name], is that too much of a stretch?

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name], pretty together

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Lenore[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] is so pretty.

I like [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] if it’s a girl.
Or [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] if it’s a boy.

:slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is beautiful. Has a really nice flow.

Some other options:
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] “[name]Nora[/name]” [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] “[name]Nora[/name]” [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]

[name]Love[/name] all the boy names!

What did you think of the suggestion to give your new daughter a French name like her sister?

love [name]Nora[/name] [name]Daisy[/name], it’s so sweet!

Thanks for all the suggestions!
I think I am again loving [name]Aurora[/name]…

As for the French Name Suggestions, My Ex is French and [name]Chloe[/name]'s middle name is after her deceased paternal Grandmother… My DH is not french so he is not loving a really french name, but I love French names!!

The nickname [name]NORA[/name] is growing on me, the only thing that stops me using it is my mother Hates her name [name]NORA[/name] and asked that it not be used. I am already “rebelling” ha ha by considering using [name]Eleanora[/name]…

I think what is stopping me from loving [name]Eleanora[/name] is it is a lot of name for a little girl. The other thing, is a cousin of DH named her daughter [name]Ella[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. We live in different countires, but do speak regularly - do you think it is too close?

When I mentioned that we liked [name]Aurora[/name] people have said “isnt that from a movie” and very negative. I am worried about the princess association, but I love the name and I love the NN [name]Rory[/name]…

And [name]Charlotte[/name] is ok with everyone

Since getting the feedback on the names, I have stopped and have just asked online!!

[name]Aurora[/name] is a disney princess (Sleeping Beauty), but I don’t know why people would have a negative association with that name.
I personally [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Aurora[/name], and think [name]Rory[/name] is an awesome nn :slight_smile: