Need nickname help...Zevi or Zevy?

See the results of this poll: Need nickname help…Zevi or Zevy?

Respondents: 24 (This poll is closed)

• Zevi : 18 (75%)
  • Zevy: 6 (25%)

I think either could work. I think [name]Zevi[/name] looks masculine and edgy, but I inevitably say it like [name]ZEE[/name]-vye, like [name]Levi[/name] with a “Z” instead of [name]ZEV[/name]-ee. I think Zevy works better for that reason. I think people’s eyes could be trained to say [name]Zevi[/name] as “[name]ZEV[/name]-ee”, though.

I love [name]Zevi[/name], pronounced [name]ZEV[/name]-ee. Zevy just looks odd to me.

I knew a little [name]Zevi[/name]! Spelled that way, so it looks more right to me. But Zevy doesn’t look bad.

Agreed…Zevy looks kinda odd to me too. And people might be more inclined to pronounce “[name]ZEE[/name]-VEE”

Congratulations! He’s adorable! Thanks for sharing the photo.
I voted [name]Zevi[/name]. In spite of the possible pronunciation confusion because of [name]Levi[/name], I like the look of [name]Zevi[/name] better than Zevy. I don’t think confusion should be a big issue. Might you consider spelling it with a double V? Zevvi or Zevvy? [name]Just[/name] an idea…I think it would probably ensure the correct pronunciation. But the spelling doesn’t need to turn into a big deal.
Best wishes!

Congratulations! He’s absolutely precious! And I really like the name [name]Zev[/name]. I prefer the [name]Zevi[/name] spelling. Zevy just doesn’t look quite right to me.

Holy moly that is an unbelievably adorable baby!!! Congratulations on your perfect new little one!

I voted for [name]Zevi[/name] because that looks the most natural to me. And when I saw the title of the post, I assumed it was prn [name]ZEV[/name]-ee, so I don’t think prn will be a huge issue. Zevy does look very strange to me, BUT I really think you should just go with the one that feels right for you guys. Especially since it’s a nickname; it probably won’t even be written down very much.

Good luck and congrats again!! :slight_smile:

Many parents are now adding the trendy “y” to names in an attempt to “feminize” them ([name]Addisyn[/name], [name]Emersyn[/name], [name]Ellyott[/name] etc…) so Zevy may looks more feminine to many people. Zevy looks like a surname (eg. [name]Levy[/name]) while [name]Zevi[/name] looks like a boys first name (eg. [name]Levi[/name]). I think [name]Zevi[/name] looks much more masculine and legitimate. Your son is gorgeous. Congrats to you and your family!

Congratulations on your adorable little boy.

As for the nicknames, I would go for [name]Zevi[/name], it feels more natural, and it’s also similar to [name]Levi[/name], it makes [name]Zevi[/name] sound more legitimate and nicknamey rather Zevy which to me just sounds like a surname.

I would use [name]Zevi[/name]. Zevy just looks like [name]Chevy[/name] to me for some reason so I keep thinking of cars. I was pronouncing both the same in my head though so I think the pronunciation won’t be a huge deal, particularly if people know his name is [name]Zev[/name].