Need opinions on my possible new name 🩷

Changing name after I turn 18 & need opinions on my name list please 🩷

1. [name_f]Avery[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Harper[/name_f] (hate the nickname Harppie)
  3. [name_f]Bailey[/name_f] - (hate that it’s alcohol :sob: otherwise it would be perfect cuz I love [name_f]Bailey[/name_f] Sarian)

[name_f]Avery[/name_f] seems like a good choice, since it’s the only one you don’t seem to have hesitations with!

That said, you might be slightly overthinking it – which is normal when choosing a new name! But I’ve never heard of a [name_f]Harper[/name_f] being called Harpie as a nickname (surely the relation to the word harpy would deter people from using it?). I’ve never heard of a [name_f]Harper[/name_f] getting her name nicknamed at all, but there are other, more pleasant nickname options, like [name_f]Harrie[/name_f].

As for [name_f]Bailey[/name_f], it doesn’t make me think of alcohol! It helps that the alcohol brand is Bailey’s, not just “Bailey” on its own. It’s not like naming yourself Vodka – [name_f]Bailey[/name_f] started as a name and not as the name of a type of alcohol, which I think is obvious in the case of the alcohol brand too. [name_f]Bailey[/name_f] is my favourite of the 3 personally! I think it sounds friendly and laid-back.

2 Likes

Avery is a good choice - versatile, friendly in sound, but stylish too.

Harper is cool and literary while Bailey is energetic and gentle at the same time. I wouldn’t naturally nickname a Harper and I’ve met enough Baileys that I wouldn’t really this of the alcohol, but Avery feels like the one you have the fewest concerns about so I’d go with that :slight_smile:

I’d go [name_f]Avery[/name_f]. I feel the same way about [name_f]Bailey[/name_f].

[name_f]Avery[/name_f] seems like the best option to you! It’s a really nice choice.

I love [name_f]Avery[/name_f]. One of my favorite names. That said, I don’t think either of the other two is unusable.