Need opinions on this nameset!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all. So far the main characters in a story I’m writing are named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_u]Miles[/name_u], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_u]Julian[/name_u], and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. I was just wondering if these names sound distinct but still all go together.

[name_f]My[/name_f] only worry is that [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] sticks out because all the other names are kind of classic sounding, especially since this character is Julian’s sister, and I think [name_u]Julian[/name_u] sounds pretty classic, though that could just be me. I’ve thought about balancing it out by changing his name to [name_m]Jason[/name_m], but it’s surprisingly difficult to find a last name for both [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_m]Jason[/name_m] that isn’t taken by another fictional character or public figure.

So, what do you think? [name_f]Do[/name_f] [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] sound right together? Is there anything I should change? Let me know.

1 Like

I think it works! Chloe doesn’t feel super trendy to me because it’s been used for a while :slight_smile: actually really like that sibset because they share the l and ee sounds!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought when looking at the set before reading further down on your comment was that all the names go very well together except for [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. So I can see why you would feel it sticks out. But I’m having a hard time coming up with a better option.

Same here. I definitely think changing Julian’s name to Jason would balance it out, but again, finding a surname for Jason and Chloe is harder than it should be. There are some I considered, like Fletcher and Russell, but not totally sure about yet.

1 Like

Maybe [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]? Could always be shortened to [name_u]Cass[/name_u] or [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] for those cute little sister vibes.

I like [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]! Not totally sold on it yet but it’s a good suggestion.

1 Like