need opinions please

I’m due in [name]March[/name] with a girl. We have a 2 year old son named [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]. I’m going round and round with girls names and wanted some opinions. Our last name is 3 syllables, starts with Pud- and ends in -ski. My short list:

[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]

I have concerns with each name:
[name]Lila[/name]- will it be super popular in the next few years, like [name]Emma[/name] or [name]Ava[/name]?
[name]Olive[/name]- will people think this is a “weird” name? I’ve already gotten some looks when I mentioned this name.

Others that I like but not as much as the 2 above:
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Mila[/name] (pronounced mee-lah)
[name]Marin[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]

Thought I’d come to the naming experts for some advice and opinions! :slight_smile: Thanks!

I really like a lot of names on your list!

[name]Lila[/name] is lovely, but unfortunately, I do think it’ll become really popular. It might not get up to the top 10, but it’s already in the top 200 and rising really fast. I’ve heard of a few baby [name]Lilas[/name] being born in my area as well. You’ll be ahead of the curve if you choose it now, though, so it’s not like she’ll be one of 5 in her class.

[name]Olive[/name] is nice, but yes, it will probably considered ‘weird’ by many people. When I hear the name, I’m reminded of olives (like the food), which I don’t care for at all. It’s way more unusual than [name]Lila[/name] (and [name]Quinn[/name]), which can be considered a plus.

I love the rest of your list! [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] are gorgeous and two of my favorites, and they go really well with [name]Quinn[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] is so pretty, but also set to become super popular. [name]Mila[/name] is cute, both on its own or as a nickname for [name]Milena[/name] or [name]Camila[/name]. I don’t really like [name]Marin[/name], since it reminds me of the county in [name]CA[/name], but [name]Maren[/name] and [name]Marina[/name] are gorgeous.

Here are some names you might like:

[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]

[name]Lila[/name]: I think it’s beautiful, but it’s destined for popularity. That said, I think it’s sweet with [name]Quinn[/name].
[name]Olive[/name]: I think it’s safe to say that [name]Olive[/name] (which I really like) isn’t destined for mass popularity, but I can better see a more modern name (or an Irish name) with the modern [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Jackson[/name].

[name]Maeve[/name]: I love this name so much, and think it’s perfect with [name]Quinn[/name]!
[name]Mila[/name] (pronounced mee-lah): I think it’s pretty, but I can better see [name]Maeve[/name] with [name]Quinn[/name].
[name]Marin[/name]: I think it’s pretty, but its ending is the same as [name]Quinn[/name]'s.
[name]Isla[/name]: I think this one is destined for massive popularity. It appeared on the charts (#623) after not being ranked, which shows that it’s going up!
[name]Alice[/name]: I love this name! :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] are my favorites with [name]Quinn[/name].

[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Finola[/name] (nn [name]Nola[/name])
[name]Evaleen[/name]
[name]Rosaleen[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]

I know that [name]Fiona[/name] isn’t Irish, but I can still see it with [name]Quinn[/name]. :slight_smile:

Names like [name]Olive[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Lila[/name]:

[name]Amelia[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Annabel[/name] (not the best with your last name, though)
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] (had K sound theme, though)
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] (a bit S heavy with your last name…)
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] (not the best with your last name’s ending sound, though)
[name]Julia[/name] (popular)
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Sorry for repeats! :slight_smile:

Best wishes!

thanks for the suggestions! I think [name]Olive[/name] is out, because I don’t want people to think of an olive when they meet our little girl!

Another idea:
I like the name [name]Camille[/name], husband really likes [name]Mila[/name] (pronounced mee-luh)- could [name]Mila[/name] be a nickname for [name]Camille[/name]?

If you want to use [name]Mila[/name] as nickname, [name]Camilla[/name] would be better than [name]Camille[/name] (even though I prefer [name]Camille[/name]), but what about [name]Mila[/name] [name]Camille[/name]?!?
Beside of this I really like [name]Isla[/name]…

I think [name]Mila[/name] is a great nickname for [name]Camille[/name]!

I think [name]Mila[/name] is a great nickname for [name]Camille[/name]! I like [name]Camilla[/name] too, but that nn would more logically be [name]Milla[/name] (mill-uh) rather than [name]Mila[/name] (mee-lah).

I don’t think [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is a weird name, but I also don’t think it’s a super nice name. I get that some people think it’s cute or quirky, but I just think of the colour, which is somewhere between green and brown and kind of drab, especially next to the more common colour names like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]. I also think of the food, and while I love olives, I wouldn’t name my child after one.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] is nice - I like it’s simplicity and sing-songy sound. [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f], along with [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_f]Leila[/name_f]/[name_f]Layla[/name_f] are really picking up in usage. I can’t see [name_f]Lila[/name_f] becoming a top-ten name though - it’s probably a safe bet.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is my favourite from your list. It’s sleek and stylish. A couple suggestions: just [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Neve[/name_f] (pronounced Neev), or [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

[name_m]Milo[/name_m] pronounced Mee-lah is an intuitive name, at least to me, for [name_f]Camille[/name_f], as the last syllable is pronounced w/the long ee sound just like Mee-lah.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

You did a great job naming #1. I like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] a lot.

For this new little one…

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]-I don’t think that this name will be as popular as [name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_f]Emma[/name_f], but it may get lost in a sea of Lilys, Laylas, [name_f]Isla[/name_f], etc. That being said, it’s a very pretty name. Short, sweet, feminine, & great with [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]-It’s not weird! It’s not over done; which is great. It’s just like any other floral name. I love the nn [name_f]Livy[/name_f] too. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] are perfect.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

I have concerns with each name:
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]- will it be super popular in the next few years, like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Ava[/name_f]?
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]- will people think this is a “weird” name? I’ve already gotten some looks when I mentioned this name.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]-I love this! It’s great with [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. One syllable & Gaelicy. Very elegant, yet spunky for a kid.

[name_f]Mila[/name_f] (pronounced mee-lah)-Pretty, but getting really popular. I like it as a nn for [name_f]Camilla[/name_f].

[name_f]Marin[/name_f]-This is nice. Simple, but not common. Great with [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. I kind of prefer [name_f]Maren[/name_f].

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]-See [name_f]Mila[/name_f].

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]-Sweet! I see it a lot on this site, & some in person. It’s classic though.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile: