Need spelling help.

Hubby and I have been talking about names and we came up on a name we both like…Finally =]

We go to a few hockey games and the goalie for the team we usually see is [name]Devan[/name]. I liked the name first and got him to like it also.

Our problem is spelling and a middle name.

I’ve seen these spellings:
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Devin[/name]
[name]Devan[/name]
[name]Deven[/name]
and the not so pretty [name]Devyn[/name].

I like the [name]Devan[/name] and [name]Devon[/name] spelling, but we’re not sure.

Which spellings would be better for a girl and what middle names would go well with them? Last name would start with a P so please keep that mind. Thanks =]

[name]Devin[/name] is the Irish spelling, and [name]Devon[/name] is the spelling of the English place name, and the others (-an and -en), I think, are invented spellings. [name]Devin[/name] reminds me of Devil, though, so I think I like [name]Devon[/name] the best. :slight_smile:

[name]Devon[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] P____
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] P____
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] P______
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] P____ (a bit N heavy though)
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] P_____
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] P_____ (popular, though, which may or may not bother you)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I went to high school (years ago!) with a gorgeous, smart, hip girl named [name]Devon[/name]. She was the kind of person we all knew was going on to great things.

I vote -ON!!

[name]Devin[/name] is my husbands name:) and i had a horrible i mean horrible friend named devon, she was just rotten to the core in all aspects of everything i mean that truley as bad as it sounds. She was just, uhhh im getting mad all over again. I vote IN. Of course i am biased though.

[name]Devon[/name] is my favourite spelling of them, as it is the spelling of the very pretty county here in [name]England[/name], and it also looks the most feminine to me.

For a middle name, I think something traditionally feminine to balance it - [name]Devon[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds and looks lovely to me.

Good luck!

I would definitely spell it [name]Devon[/name], but I am biased because I love the place [name]Devon[/name]! I also think it looks most natural with an -on. I really don’t like [name]Devyn[/name] and [name]Devan[/name] reminds me of divan! I also agree that it would sound best with a feminine and relatively classic middle name like [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Other combinations I like are-

[name]Devon[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Ariella[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]

I would definitely spell it [name]Devon[/name], but I am biased because I love the place [name]Devon[/name]! I also think it looks most natural with an -on. I really don’t like [name]Devyn[/name] and [name]Devan[/name] reminds me of divan! I also agree that it would sound best with a feminine and relatively classic middle name like [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Other combinations I like are-

[name]Devon[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Ariella[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Devon[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]

I think [name]Devon[/name] is a great name for a girl! Especially the -on version. My sister’s name is actually [name]Devon[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]. She loves her name and often receives compliments.

I have a suggestion too. What about [name]Devon[/name] [name]Shea[/name]? They are both gorgeous, underused names…in my opinion of course! Best of luck!!

For a girl I like [name]Devon[/name] the best* (although [name]Devyn[/name] appears to be more common for girls I am not a fan of “unique” spellings). No middle name ideas from me that haven’t already been mentioned by others, although I do agree that something clearly female would be best because [name]Devon[/name] is unisex and more popular for boys (I like it for a boy as well).

*To me [name]Devon[/name] is unisex and [name]Devin[/name] is more masculine.

I prefer the spelling [name]Devon[/name].

Good luck!

One of my best girlfriends spells her name [name]Devon[/name]. This is my vote. Her middle name is [name]Victoria[/name], so ‘[name]Devon[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]’… I think it’s pretty. Heavy on the ‘v’ sound, but I’ve always loved it.